2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Whilst I found it entertaining, I was fuming throughout that episode.  I don't care if Tane was OK with it, Dean is an arsehole.  Any decent person would have called the ambulance.  He was more worried about Mac getting into trouble with the police than he was about Tane dying.  He even acknowledged that they could have a dead body so obviously was fully aware of how serious Tane's stab wound was.  And you can bet if Mackenzie was in that position he wouldn't have even thought about it.  Calling the ambulance would have been automatic.  Given how a good mate of his died recently you would think he wouldn't want the same thing happening to his brother, regardless of how much he dislikes him.

Mackenzie isn't far off and whilst I still think this is partly Felicity's fault, Mac was actually very selfish.  I don't blame Mackenzie for getting involved with the poker in the first place or ignoring Felicity's advice and getting involved with PK however she should have rung the emergency services regardless of what Dean said after Tane got stabbed.  I'm also not happy with the position they put Logan in even though Logan should have put his foot down more and tried to get Tane to the hospital.  Part of me actually hopes Logan finishes with Mackenzie for good after that.

Felicity was the only person who wanted to do the right thing initially and I was cheering when she gave Mackenzie a serve after they brought Tane back home even though it did seem a bit hypocritical.  Another thing that bothers me is including Logan, they've now got Ziggy, Bella and Nikau involved although I guess Ziggy already participated in the poker nights.  I was really hoping that when Cash and Rose turned up at the Surf Club they would have gone up to Salt.  They were all actually very lucky Felicity cleaned herself up, although how she didn't get any blood on her top is beyond me.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Dan F said:

W4Fdxp.jpg

It seemed Felicity and Anne - the one who was actually stalking Tane and kidnapped Felicity and him remember - had stalked someone before!  It looked though that when Cash took Rose into the interview room to talk about it that had moved on to how she was involved with this PK. Cash was doubtful that Felicity could be in debt with him.   I imagine as it was Flick asking for 'a friend' she got the idea Flick may be a way into PK's background? ?    It looked pretty heavy those charges, be interesting to find out how it turned out.  It might explain why Cash wasn't that into believing her when she first reported she thought Tane was stalking her - what goes around comes around. 

So many times this has happened before when roping in a doc to help someone when they have been shot/stabbed without others wanting to call the cops. I remember the Braxton's calling in the 'go to' doc at  the time to stitch someone up after they had been shot/stabbed. Even Jasmine smuggled out medical equipment to help Dean when he was coming off those dodgy sleeping pills.  Ziggy must have been putting on a real performance to distract the other medics long enough so Dean was able to get the drugs, other gear and the drip stand, does it collapse so it's not as visible. It was still stretching incredulity that no-one challenged him.  Of course Ziggy then made  a miraculous recovery!

There was a 'simple' explanation to give cops.  These two guys who were slightly the worse for wear came into SALT asking for a drink, Mac said the bar was now closed and asked them to leave, they didn't want to and got really stroppy, Dean stepped in to persuade them to go but they started smashing things up, Tane and Felicity came in and he got stuck in, a fight ensued.  It looked like Tane had been punched but when the guys had fled it was discovered he'd been stabbed.  It's not like a gun had been used which the hospital does have to report, all they had to do was keep more or less the same story.  Give the cops a pretty vague description, they are used to being given different descriptions from witnesses. Not the best time for Mac to come clean about why/how it all came about.  Big shock for him but he had other things to worry about.  

Narrow squeak Felicity and Dean managing to get out of the 'interrogation' by Cash & Rose but we know Flick was wasn't lying about it not being her  in hock to PK. I didn't notice that Flick didn't have blood on her clothes but oddly Ziggy did, someone must have worked hard to clean SALT up before the regular staff turned up.   

Tane has to be pretty tough as they had to walk him down the stairs from SALT into someone's car, then get him into the Parata's and without anyone seeing them.  Always a worry when someone appears to rally - Tane was hallucinating Ari was still around and expecting him to come in at any moment.

Something like that never stays secret for long in the Bay and others get dragged in, Nik is Tane's uncle and it is his home so would have showed up there sometime despite him not wanting to be there because of Chloe so better he got a heads up so he didn't just walk in on it.  Shame as it was looking up for Nik too, he'd filled in his application for the Life Guard position.  Speaking of Chloe seems she has been put in the picture too, he is her step-uncle. 

13 hours ago, Dan F said:

W4Fdxp.jpg

I'm confused. Was Felicity accused of stalking someone else before Tane? How come Detective Nassar, that was leading the investigation about poisoning, never got this report? Sorry, I just don't understand why they would show this report now, it has nothing to do with PK and the stalker storyline is finished.  

Felicity obviously didn’t vet into Nathan’s background that good he is always with PK people continued being incredibly dumb Mackenzie goading PK into threatening Jai I don’t know why he would be that bothered about Dean or take any notice of him 

Nik just becomes a paid lifeguard that easy I thought it was a big thing 

Thanks for the scan, Dan, although it raises more questions than answers! I suspect it was the art department being bored and making stuff up, but they showed it so clearly and gave it such prominence that it looked as though it was going to be significant and that's what Cash and Rose were going to talk about...except instead we cut straight to them talking about PK and Nathan. Probably we were meant to just glimpse it, assume that was Anna's rap sheet and maybe a reference to when Felicity was accused of stalking/trying to kill Tane, but the name "Joseph Malcolm" was displayed so prominently that even watching live I wondered who he was.

Anyway, today, and Dean seemed like an utter sociopath in the early scenes, acting as though he was perfectly happy for Tane to die rather than them (or mostly Mackenzie, to be fair) get in trouble with the police. Even Chloe pointed out their priorities were pretty messed up. Oh well, seems Tane's going to be fine and has got an insight into his relationship with Felicity, so all's well that ends well...unless you're Mackenzie, who everyone seems to hate even though Dean was behaving worse. And they've thrown down the gauntlet with PK, which kind of makes sense but...well, to be fair, I don't think even PK has a clue what he wants, having moved from attempting rape by coercion to trying to talk over Salt and/or the poker nights to pretty much a macho peeing contest proving he's tougher than Dean.

A shame that John went to all that effort only for Nikau to not really be in the mood to express his gratitude, although I'm sure he appreciates it deep down.

29 minutes ago, c120701 said:

Catching up - there was a scene in the episode from 21st June where Leah & Justin are carrying coffee out to the cart where all of the production trucks are in the car park behind them. It seemed really odd seeing them all in shot.

Yes I've seen that a few times in recent weeks, though not as close as they were in that scene - you could see them out of the back window when Roo was driving Ryder out of town too (and in a couple of the aerial stock shots).

I guess to people like us we always know what big white trucks dotted around that area of Palm Beach means, but the casual viewer probably wouldn't take much notice. In this case it could just be explained away by them belonging to those invisible builders doing invisible work on the diner - whilst, in reality, it handily blocked our view of the building being razed to the ground. ?

The Justin, Leah & Theo family unit is quite possibly my favourite thing about the show at the moment. The Theo/Dimitri story is a classic Home and Away story and that includes his recovery.

5 minutes ago, Dan F said:

Yes I've seen that a few times in recent weeks, though not as close as they were in that scene - you could see them out of the back window when Roo was driving Ryder out of town too (and in a couple of the aerial stock shots).

I guess to people like us we always know what big white trucks dotted around that area of Palm Beach means, but the casual viewer probably wouldn't take much notice. In this case it could just be explained away by them belonging to those invisible builders doing invisible work on the diner - whilst, in reality, it handily blocked our view of the building being razed to the ground. ?

I was quite surprised to see it still standing in a shot the other day when someone was sat on the beach near there as so much has been shot in the other direction recently.

27 minutes ago, c120701 said:

I was quite surprised to see it still standing in a shot the other day when someone was sat on the beach near there as so much has been shot in the other direction recently.

Ah, I was forgetting the UK are still on scenes filmed before the Christmas break so anything going on would only have been prep work and perhaps not as obvious - first 2022 location scenes will be over the next couple of weeks, but it'll be another four weeks on-screen before it's fully gone.

Archived