2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I see protocol went out of the window again  then as Cash interviewed Felicity even if there was another cop there.   We did find out Flick had had a breakdown when a guy she'd been dating dumped her.  Cash took time off his job to look after her.   I think now she's come to terms about her dad and the way he died she's come to peace with herself. 

Mac nearly did a runner but without realising it Maz, by talking about Bella, changed her mind and she decided to go to the cops - well Cash & Rose as it seems there is only them working -  and turned herself in.  OK she's told Cash she was the only one to blame and Felicity knew nothing about the poker nights but what about  the texts between Nathan & Felicity  don't they prove Flick was involved before Mac knew anything about poker nights?  Dean won't be a happy bunny about Mac admitting her part in it.  Won't just be a possible prison sentence, she could likely lose her licence and be in big trouble with the Surf Club Committee as she's breached their rules.  

Roo is definitely gone way off piste, I get she's worried about Martha but she is getting paranoid, someone Alf or Martha needs to sit her down and stop her before she makes herself ill and has  to go back to hospital. Not really helping Martha as she's going to be worried about Roo which she doesn't need. 

You just knew as soon as Justin went to the bathroom and didn't lock the door Chloe would walk in, embarrassing for both of them.?  Seems from what Leah & Justin were saying Chloe is living with them and cramping Leah & Justin's style meaning they have no time for themselves - if you know what I mean. ?  From being a dragon Leah has gone completely  the other way.  I know when a couple - usually young ones -  first get together they can't take their hands or lips off each other but,  and I'm no prude, those displays of PDA's were so off putting especially at the table.   Leah was easily swayed with the flowers and although Justin was pleased they'd replaced the food they nicked he was still ready to tell/ask Chloe when she was going home.  Justin, as we saw in the promo, got that so wrong telling Chloe Leah thought she should go home!?  It's a wonder Leah didn't throw him off the balcony.  Btw who was running the garage as  we know Ziggy isn't around??

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was totally with Logan tearing Roo off a strip, she just wouldn't listen to anyone and could have done herself some serious damage.  It was only a few days/week since she had her op and was lifting heavy boxes. ?She really annoyed me so no surprise Logan was furious with her. ?Jasmine was a bit on the wimpy side, saying "It'll all be OK" practically telling her she really didn't do anything wrong. No-one was saying she should just sit about and not do anything but Martha has been sensible about the way she is recovering.  Well done John for ignoring her shouting about not letting  Alf & Martha know, Marilyn could have filled them in anyway.    Be interesting to see how long she lasts at Merimbula without anyone wanting to kill her because I wanted to slap her.

Is there any valid reason why Alf calls John Palmer?

I did feel for Logan when he revealed to Jasmine he'd been cleared of causing death by speeding and 'all' he got was a speeding ticket. He obviously feels he was was still partly guilty of Jo's death so doesn't feel he's got off lightly. It was so unlike him being snappy.

A couple of red?? faces at breakfast the next morning and it wasn't Chloe's fault as Justin should have locked the door.  Wish someone had actually decided about what to do about Chloe instead of all the faffing about.  Was it down to Theo, it's Justin's  house - or has Leah now got part ownership - so it should have been either one of them or both to talk to her. We should have known Theo wouldn't bring the subject up and he kept trying not to mention it at the lunch.  Could Chloe have known what was gong on and that was why she pounced on Theo to stop him broaching the subject, but she couldn't have known Justin would walk in?  But as I said before it's not really down to Theo.  Justin didn't engage brain before operating mouth did he, making it sound like it was all Leah's idea  that it was time Chloe left.

:offtopic: I see they have stock footage of the wharf lit up at night in between scenes as it's not being used for actual storylines at the moment. 

That was a shock departure for Logan, but having read the reason why Harley Bonner left wasn't a surprise.  I'll miss him and new guy hasn't given the best first impressions but he has just been dropped right in it. 

Xander seemed to be making the same mistake again by getting too close to this new patient and clashing with new doc.  OK fair enough you'd want any paramedic who'd picked you up to be kind and see you settled at hospital and not just dump you off.  Does Xander not finish a shift with his paramedic colleagues? 

Both Mac and Jas were shocked and upset but at least Mac did get  a voice  mail message from Logan.  She nearly went back to the bottle but restrained herself. 

Have all the bedrooms (four) disappeared at the Morgan house only Leah told Justin to sleep on the sofa?  Funnily that brings me back to the night Chloe walked in on Justin, it looked like she was walking down the corridor but I thought Theo's room, where you think she'd be sleeping, was opposite Leah & Justin's.  Or was she in another room?? 

I'm on Team Leah this time, Justin was totally out of order, not even getting why Leah was so annoyed, he could have admitted what he said had come out all wrong and he meant they both felt it was time Chloe went home as much as they liked having her there, they did need a bit of space.  Say this for Chloe she wasn't bludging off them buying food and cooking them meals. Although Justin was good with telling Theo to give Chloe time and speak to her tomorrow as it was neither of their faults, he does need to speak to Leah.  John, standing in again as wiser statesman for Alf, gave good advice about saying sorry, then saying sorry again.  

Going back to the sleeping arrangements puzzle why did Justin feel the need to go and stay at John's?  He was certainly an inconsiderate guest, scoffing his choccie cake and cream, drinking all his milk in the morning.    Can't see John putting up with that for long.

It looked like Theo had a good welcoming from the Parata's.

I'm glad that Leah has ditched that little top knot, it just didn't look right. 

Alf's episode count last week:Four. Mackenzie was also in four, although she only appeared in Bella's farewell scene on Wednesday, which I'm guessing was moved from the previous episode.

So, yes, goodbye Bella, maybe only for three months, maybe for good. There was a touch of the "last one standing" about it, with no Ryder, no Colby or Willow, and even Irene not around for it. But she had Dean, Ziggy and Mackenzie as her new surrogate family, so I enjoyed that. I've never felt Nikau was right for her (it still feels weird that this guy that appeared to be in his 20s started dating someone who was technically school age and they've always had a bland chemistry at best), but I give him credit for supporting her over the job and also for apologising to Emmett.

So after all the drama, turns out Millie just needed a talking to from Rose to tell the truth. I get that Rose managed to relate it to her own experience of owning up to a mistake, but given that Millie's probably going to jail as a result, it's a pretty big ask. Wasn't enough to get Logan to stay: I actually agreed with his lecture to Roo, although he was unnecessarily snappy with Jasmine. Anyway, maybe it's for the best for him, and Mackenzie accepted it well. Xander finds himself getting over-involved with a young woman again but his instincts were absolutely right and Doctor Bolton can take his privilege elsewhere.

I can't say I felt much sympathy for Ziggy, who went back to Dean knowing full well what he's like. Given that Cash was all set to arrest Dean seconds earlier, it's a bit of a stretch that he'd be willing to forget about it just because Dean dragged in Nathan after obviously beating a confession out of him.Nathan seemed rather economical with the truth in saying Felicity, rather than him, introduced PK to Mackenzie. I appreciate Felicity refusing to throw Mackenzie under the bus to save herself and also Mackenzie deciding to face up to her own mistakes rather than let Felicity take the rap, even though Felicity was the one who suggested it in the first place. Dean seemed rather unconcerned that handing Nathan over to the police would get Mackenzie in trouble, given that it's not that long since he risked Tane's life to stop it coming out.I guess in Dean's mind, him going to jail is a worse outcome than Tane bleeding to death, eh?

Justin could have phrased it better but there is a definite pattern to Chloe's behaviour: Latch onto someone, spend all her time with them and then act the victim when they ask for some space. Leah telling Justin to sleep on the couch was a tad ridiculous when they must have about three spare rooms: Justin promptly went one better and slept in someone else's spare room! Is that the first time we've seen John's place since Susie was around? Ah well, all sorted out in the end, I guess!

Hello Red, been missing your comments. 

Jasmine was also quick to spot Xander was falling into the same trap  with Jacky the way he did with Millie, what is it with him and damsels in distress?  I could understand Dr. Bolton being a bit grumpy as he'd just been thrown into Logan's job with no warning but his attitude was so up there. He was so dismissive of Xander's role as a mere paramedic while he was a 'doctor' . Thank goodness Jacky did insist having a second opinion as Dr. Bolton did miss something which could have been very serious and Dr. B has been dismissed. ?   He did get one thing right, he didn't have to tell Xander anything about Jacky's treatment, patient confidentially and all that, even her relatives wouldn't have been told if she didn't want then to know.  So who will we and ND be getting as the go to doc whenever an emergency occurs? 

I don't see it as that with Chloe, her and Theo are a new couple and you know what they are like. ???.  I did get the feeling Theo was rather nervous about having a meal at the Parata's and getting grilled by Tane and Nik.*  It was Chloe and Theo who got Leah and Justin to talk eventually, kids - OK they're not technically kids -  teaching the adults there.  It was Justin digging his heels in, even John could see he was being the stubborn one.  I loved him staying out of it by playing the role of ???   One housemate he won't miss.  What was Justin thinking of juts lounging about on John's sofa, he was acting like Theo did when he first turned up and what happened to the garage - remember that place? 

Seemed a good arrangement, two days that Leah or Justin won't  have to cook.  But will Theo be spending a few days at the Parata's or be at home alone?

Irene is back and boy has she got a lot to catch up on!!  No mention that we heard of about Bella going unless it was off screen which would be a shame. 

*TPTB did it again, the preview they showed on Monday of Theo getting dumped in the pool gave the impression we'd see it yesterday but no sign of it. ?

Theo definitely nervous around Nikau and Tane: I don't recall him ever finding Nikau intimidating before, but maybe it's different when they're boxed in like that and Nikau has all his family around him! His awkward attempts at small talk were amusing: Pushing him into the pool was possibly taking it a step too far but at least he took it in good spirits.

I thought that Cash and Felicity had cleared the air last week, so it was a bit odd to see things frosty again.Tane continues to show character growth by stepping in and playing the peacemaker to the point of inviting Cash to a family gathering: There was a time he wanted nothing to do with him. "Fun Cash" was simultaneously amusing and worrying.

Those rotten pair - Tane and Nik - ganging up on Theo.?  Them 'teasing' him about him not going to the gym and him talking about surfing and him teaching them. Nice little remembrance,  about how Nik & Ari had teased Ryder when he started dating Chloe,  Tane hadn't been 'welcomed' back into the family back then but had heard about it.  One of them on their own wouldn't have been so nerve wracking but the two of them on home turf - well  different ball game.  Theo trying and failing to get Justin to go with him was funny, besides Justin had other things to do, like making up with Leah.?  I thought the pool pushing was hilarious and he got to  tap into his Mr. Darcy side.  He was lucky that was all they did, could have been much worse.  Did lay on quite a spread, enough to feed the whole neighbourhood.   Funny how no-one missed Theo & Chloe when she was drying him off and taking her time about it - cough, cough.

Have you noticed we haven't seen Tane without a shirt on since his stabbing?  Are the wounds that bad the makeup department haven't managed to create a convincing scar for him?  No problem usually, most guys who have been stabbed, shot etc flash their bods with no marks on them at all. 

Bit of a turn around for Cash being cold to Felicity, could it have been the HPPC (?) deciding to drop the charges against her when he had his doubts about her innocence?  He obviously got over it as he and Flick gave each other  a big hug at the Parata's.   Her seeing 'Fun Cash' took her by surprise as she hadn't seen him like that for so long.  I don't think we've ever seen him that relaxed before.  

Felt sorry for Dean sitting at home on his own, has he not even tried to text Ziggy?  What story did she tell Justin, he is her boss, though both her and Justin take time off whenever they like.  OK Jasmine was working which was why she couldn't go to the party but why did he pick on Rose to ask out for  drink? 

Really hard to feel sorry for either Dean or Ziggy here, and more than ever, I have no idea why they're even together. Or perhaps more why she's with him? She went back to him knowing about his unsavoury side, yet here they are again, and her having sex with him and then going back to being moody straight afterwards didn't exactly show her in a good light.

Alf really should stick around and at least do the bait shop orders, since Marilyn is looking a bit out of her depth...

It feels like Cash is making things unnecessarily complicated for himself. I doubt Jasmine would be that bothered that he had too much to drink and slept it off in Rose's car. By keeping it from her, and getting Felicity to do the same, he's making it a bigger deal than it is and looking like he's got something to hide.

Archived