2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

That would have been an awkward day for them both sitting in a car on Highway Patrol. Maybe her reaction was down to embarrassment. No way could Irene have known why Cash was so reluctant to ask Rose and Xander round, would have made for an uneasy meal. 

Loved how Irene felt forced to take Marilyn's phone off her, Tex isn't a fool, he'd already opened up the bait shop when she chided him for having his breakfast.  I get sometimes you do need to explain little things that aren't in the book as they are rare occurrences, but no need to hound him.  Btw when he turned round and said "Nice" when he saw Cash & Rose, did he mean Cash or Rose??

Yes OK Chloe was leading Theo astray when he should have been doing his TAFE assignment, but maybe he was after avoiding it as he couldn't get into it. She did acknowledge her fault and  I think Leah got it right when she guessed Chloe was bored as she only has her shifts and when she's not doing those she's rather lost.  She does like to keep busy which she was when she and Ryder were doing their meals.  But then Leah got all Roo by pushing Chloe about doing a course like the one Matthew was arranging for her.  Chloe no longer wanted to do that but they both apologised to each other and she's offered to help with  the job Tane's given her.  Mind you, that is going to raise problems of it's own. ??

Funny isn't it Leah - and Justin - were moaning about the fact they never had any time to themselves when Chloe was staying there, but now Leah is moaning about the fact they never see Theo  as she's spending time at Chloe's.? 

Theo is definitely no academic, seeing how he is struggling with the theory side of his TAFE assignment, practical  side no problem.   Justin said he was no academic either, yet look how Tori and Mason were.  He even struggled with the ratio or whatever it was with different types of fuel and there certainly wasn't any hybrid component when he learnt his stuff.  That would be something he'd learn on the job. 

Of course Tane couldn't get the OK from his 'doctor' to see if he was fit enough to return to full time work, I'd forgotten that, lets' hope he doesn't go too mad and listens  to his body.  Mind you we need at last see him with his shirt off so that was a bonus. ?

Laughed when Nik and Chloe said they both thought Felicity had already moved in. ?    Right move for them  and she didn't just jump in and say yes, but she did look like she was sad about moving out back to her squeaky bed when she was packing up.  Did she and Tane actually have breakfast or did it get delayed??  Making up for lost time as it were.

Must be tough for Nik having two loving couples round him all the time while he's on his own and all he's got are phone calls and video chats with Bella.   It did look like he was seriously thinking of joining her, but then when he was talking to her he got that urgent call and quite rightly dashed off and it did look very dramatic. 

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We saw Chloe at her worst again yesterday, with Theo being the latest victim that she’s clinging to like a limpet. I feel like I should be pleased she’s still affected by what happened with Matthew, but it’s all about her and how she feels rather than about the fact she did something wrong. Leah should have twigged she was triggering her a bit earlier, while Justin helping out Theo just created more work for him. (What happened to Ziggy tutoring him?) To give her credit, Chloe did a better job of focusing him.

Irene taking Marilyn’s phone away from her like a naughty schoolgirl was quite amusing, as was everyone thinking Felicity had moved in already. (Could have saved herself those van fees…) I did like that Nikau was happy for them: Who’d have thought he and Felicity would be here after everything that happened last year? So, after his apparent epiphany that he wanted to stick at his job, Nikau’s decided to move to New York after all, at least until he got the Bat signal. Another dramatic rescue with a happy outcome. Unless Nikau was looking it up again, why was the New York details still up on the computer hours later when John looked at it? They’re getting as bad as Neighbours in treating a computer like it’s a piece of paper!

Mackenzie tries to brazen it out and then, um, tries to brazen it out. Still, at least she’s both being practical and making the most of what she’s got.

It was Rose and Xander that Tex passed, wasn’t it?

Yes it was Xander & Rose - you spotted my deliberate error. 

Chloe admitted herself she was distracting Theo because she needed another distraction, but now she's got one by helping Tane with the books, she's a bright cookie and soon picked it up what Leah was teaching her, unlike Theo who was really struggling.  Justin wasn't helping by taking over Theo's assignment though I had the feeling Theo would have changed the wording around so it felt more like his.  Justin really fancied himself with his output wait until he finds out Theo's going to be putting it in his own way and it was Chloe who gave him the right nudge by asking if his car was green enough and him saying "no but"..... then it clicked for him.  Is this a subtle way of the bay   going to be pushing  environmental issues, there must be a few gas guzzlers there, all the gas cylinders used at the caravan park.

Btw I'd forgotten about Theo's community Service. 

We don't see much of the life guards apart from them putting flags up, nipping around in the buggy, telling folk to get out of the water, so it was good to see them in action, even if fictionally, though obviously it goes on for real.  It seems the volunteer lifeguard extras are part of the  Palm Beach life saving team  so know what they are doing.  I'm not really sure why Nik was calling out that girl's name - Goldie - as it was very unlikely she could  answer him seeing as she was underwater.  Maybe have just been me but I thought Naomi looked like Bella.  Where did Nik get the idea of Naomi wanting to have lunch with him to thank him as a date, it was just a thank you. 

Nik did leave the screen open so not surprising it was showing the same details - is it?? 

OK I get Dean was trying to be supportive but his continued assurance she won't be going to prison isn't guaranteed so of course she wanted to be practical and get things in order, ordering stock, rotas etc.  He has been inside but slightly different reasons why. The fear did show itself in the end and it's good he and Ziggy were both there for her.  Could go any way, it's her first offence, although she didn't fess up immediately, she did, depends what the judge's take on illegal gambling  is, but he/she shouldn't be influenced by that on their sentencing.  

It did come out Dean had sub let the flat which didn't help in his asking the landlord to let Mac off her back rent as he'd breached the terms of contract.  

Alf's episode count:Suspended.

Mackenzie got her possible last day of freedom and crosscut step (?). John blowing his top at her was perhaps inevitable but good on him for wishing her the best when he'd calmed down.After making it through the day, it got on top of Mackenzie a bit at the end and Dean has definitely got his work cut out getting her to court on time and in the right frame of mind.

Nikau's lunch actually worked out well, resolutely not a date despite John telling him to smarten himself up.It brought things into perspective with him remembering there's a reason he didn't accompany Bella to New York.I can't say Naomi reminded me too much of Bella, in fact, now that you've got me thinking about it, doesn't she have a bit of a look of...Simone?

I had the awful feeling Mac was going to do a runner, but it turned she was just at SALT getting plastered, luckily John found her.  Not only that Dean has to get her sober first, how handy she appears to have her sentencing in the afternoon.  Ziggy & Dan had a good day for her and she got on a board!??‍♀️   It took a while for John to get the news about the illegal poker nights. Was it because she handed herself in?  She got off lightly there with John, though how Alf and the rest of the committee will feel about it wasn't said.  Nobody was put into any danger, just folk enjoying themselves. All right, there was Tane's stabbing but that was down to PK muscling in and Nathan and their thugs which no-one knows anything about.  Ditto PK being killed  because of aforesaid muscling in. 

OK, yes she could get sent down, but she may get a suspended sentence, heavy fine, either or both.   No use her asking Dean what it's like inside, he's never been in a woman's prison has he? Sorry, couldn't resist. 

Glad John persuaded Nik to go to lunch with Naomi and tidy himself up beforehand to give a good impression of the Life Guards. It was quite relaxed and he told her about how he was missing Bella and had thought about going but he felt New York wasn't for him and how good it felt saving Goldie and how he got into Life Guarding in the first place. Funny how he thought he was just worth a bowl of chips!? John again reminded him what was making  him happy.  Good job he'd been called away before he told Bella what he was possibly planning.  She seemed really chuffed about his save, though he did play it down.   

Has Mac really put Felicity in charge should she go down? 

Another day, another Summer Bay resident who spends ages agonising over going to jail and then doesn't, but in this case I don't particularly object to Mackenzie being let off with a pretty hefty slap on the wrist: A fine might even be worse in some ways than going to jail.Felicity was a bit up and down with her.She was pretty caustic about Mackenzie passing the buck onto her and I'm surprised Mackenzie took it so well.But at other times, she seemed to take a pretty strong attitude of Mackenzie being her friend and being determined to help her.

So not only did Justin not help Theo at all with his coursework, he's now actually made things worse for him by telling Leah what he thinks happened and leaving her determined to do the right thing.Ironically, he was right for the wrong reasons: If they'd spoken to Theo instead of diving straight into contacting TAFE, they would have got the story of what really happened from him.

Well Mac was never going go to prison would have been good to see her in court though after all the build up

Leah and Ziggy is it me or do characters like her lose their personality after a time and just become moaning drones

Of course after all that build up no way would Mac be going to prison.?? Not just a hefty slap on the wrist, with the Good Behaviour Bond,  but the hefty fine and I thought the same it does seem worse as she not only has to pay that but her debts too.  Is there a time period for paying her fine? I can see why Flick was so up and down,  Mac just threw her in the deep end by just leaving a letter for her asking to run SALT.  Not knocking what she does but she was just a waitress/barmaid and suddenly in charge!  Mac could easily have talked to her before and prepared her, Mac wouldn't have liked it if someone had done that to her.  Be interesting to see what this 'new' idea Felicity has to get SALT out of debt, hope it's legal.   Was it just me or did it seem the preview was all over the place? Did you notice Mac phoned  her mum before her court appearance and her sister after, could she have have been asking sis for help moneywise?  

Great big **** up there with Theo and Justin and could cost Theo a lot. Justin did rather give the game away by jumping up and down like that and shouting "I did it".  No way could Justin could have known Theo did his own assignment with  a little nudge from 'useless/selfish' Chloe, just what others are saying about her,  he still thinks it was 'his work'.  I suppose neither he or Leah would think to talk to Theo first be far too easy.?   It'll be easy to prove though, or easy for us, TPTB though don't always think like us viewers,  the panel/board/whatever will just show both Justin and Theo what coursework they had received from Theo then Justin will know it wasn't his - hope he kept a copy.  How Theo will feel about it is a different matter.  Mixed feeling about Leah's reaction, OK if it had been Justin's work it would be wrong as it wasn't Theo's but she did go OTT about it. 

Marilyn is still checking up on Tex. 

3 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Did you notice Mac phoned  her mum before her court appearance and her sister after, could she have have been asking sis for help moneywise?  

I had to go back and look for that as I had no recollection - it was actually her solicitor she was calling - she just said it in such a way that it could easily have been picked up as "sister" ?

Archived