2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I must have misremembered I thought he'd said that before. 

John gave good advice this time about the decision wasn't about what made him, John, happy or what made Bella happy but what was going to make Nik happy and Nik took it, he really thought about it.  He certainly had a busy shift and that smile said it all, he was happy. That was funny when John was first rambling on about all the tasks he wanted Nik to take on then him assuming Nik was going with Bella and remembering his days with the navy.  He was so pleased when Nik said he was staying. 

I think there is something deeper with Roo not wanting to leave Martha in the hospital, she looked really panicky, memories of the last time Martha had left her? Did she finish her counselling? 

Bloody Hell Leah really - I get you don't want to get Theo hurt but Chloe didn't deserve that verbal assault, Theo looked absolutely horrified.  What was with the implication she'd be playing away with another guy? Chloe had two choices just walk out or give Leah a piece of her mind and then walk out. Nik & Tane would give Theo a grilling but at least they'd be upfront about it.   The usual "hurt Chloe or muck her about and you'll have us to answer to" 'threat'. 

Looked bad for Logan with the news he'd been charged with dangerous driving causing the death of another person. Unless TPTB decide not to show it in today's  episode we'll see Xander go to the cops - and we saw another cop apart from Rose & Cash - to tell them what Millie had told him despite her threat to expose him.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alf's episode count this week:Three. Mackenzie was in four. (Which was downright weird: The last two scenes of Friday's episode, where a bunch of new characters suddenly appeared, were obviously moved from the next episode, but for once, instead of leaving them uncredited, the closing titles had an extra caption slide slotted in with them all, listed out of the usual billing order and with regulars and guest cast mixed in together.)

Well, Leah's interrogation wasn't really appreciated by anyone, although Justin was a bit more understanding.Theo was being typically "My life is over" melodramatic, although Chloe ended up responding well to it all. It was a bit odd that the sequence of Justin and Leah walking in on Theo and Chloe...didn't actually feature Chloe. (And did Theo come from the direction of Leah and Justin's room? Need to watch that again...)

Logan's life is kind of collapsing despite Jasmine's attempt to pick him up and he seems to have got on Alf's bad side. Any attempts to reason with Millie seem to have failed and Xander did a rather poor job of looking innocent in front of Roo. But hey, at least Xander's doing the right thing and talking to the police.Here goes nothing...

Logan doesn’t play a very good drunk it has to be said 

It would be interesting if Xander had a split personality and didn’t realise it and was really a creepy stalker of women just saying 

Leah did indeed need to apologise to Chloe, she may have been a touch flaky lately but she didn't deserved that interrogation, it wouldn't have made it easy for them working together either. Glad she was made to see sense pretty quick. Maz having not really known what had happened was as is her nature was trying to play it down saying Chloe may have overread the situation.  OK Theo isn't a teenager with his "My life is ruined" speech but he was hoping to get serious with Chloe but felt Leah ruined it. In fact in a way she was acting like Dimitri interfering in his life.  I'm glad Chloe and Theo met up and the decision was made she was going to be his girlfriend and I loved the appearance of the seagull!  It did look like Theo had come from the direction of Leah & Justin's bedroom but he could have come out of the bathroom and as he wasn't expecting them was just wearing his underpants, but Chloe was there. ?

Logan has been hit hard by the cops decision to charge him,  and not easy for Jas as she knows the other side of it but can't say anything.  Xander did try and appeal to Millie's better side but failed and unfortunately it didn't look good with  Roo seeing them, it would look like he was harassing her.  She is very cold hearted  claiming Logan will be OK as he is a respected doctor and got a good rep, so will just get  slap on the wrist.  I doubt if the hospital will see it like that they may take a very dim view of one their top docs being involved in an accident which was caused by his speeding and suspend him.   Btw when did she become a lawyer? 

Alf was just trying to stop Logan causing trouble by preventing him from going up to SALT.  Got him out but then with an inordinate sense of bad timing Mac comes out with Emmett, Logan jumps to completely the wrong conclusion, I do love Emmett's aka JR Reyne's eyes.  Forget to mention when Emmett suggested they go back to Bella's place to talk about what he wanted to talk about she did say she didn't live there anymore.  Does this mean she's given the lease?

Xander finally did the right thing, though he nearly changed his mind, of course no way would Rose be allowed to interview him, although she'll be gagging to get him to not to do it.  He respects Logan too much to let him be hung out to dry.  Do they not do a DBS check or whatever the equivalent is in Aus because Xander got that job very quickly.?   

Oh me again!  

Seems H&A PTB did  allow Rose to interview Xander and  Millie - it goes  across all police procedures even in soap standards. It'd be like Cash being allowed to interview Felicity, when rather than if, she gets arrested for the illegal poker games.  Arguably Xander could have owned up to having a previous AVO but then it didn't need to be brought up at that time.  Not surprisingly Cash took Rosie off the case once he had found out thanks to Millie.  Quite a slanging match between Millie and Rose, very professional - NOT!

Millie is not the little poor little me everyone thinks she is. What was with the "dragged" into the police station comment?, she's ready to put an AVO on Xander, claiming he harassed her in the hospital but didn't say anything because she was 'scared'.  She certainly didn't seem that  at the time, she seemed glad he was there. She does have a witness from the Surf Club as in Roo, but she doesn't know who she is, Roo just heard Millie say rather loudly  to warn Xander off. Methinks she's got form for this, she managed to find out about Xander's AVO, but how  hard would it be to find out if she had placed others on other men she reckoned had harassed her?  Rose won't be  doing much.?

John seems to have Dean's back regarding the altercation between him and PK.  

Nice to see the chat between Logan and Mac agreeing they are both in  a bad place, if the whole poker night fiasco hadn't blown up she would be there supporting him  as a couple.  Alf being surprised at seeing a drunk doctor - not like that ever happens in the bay.?

Nik bit the bullet by telling Bella he wasn't going to New York with her which she wasn't happy about as she thought it'd be a dream trip for him but it wouldn't, OK she'd planned a lot of trips for them or him but it wouldn't be the same as what they had planned before, it would all be so rushed.  She'd be working a lot of the time.  There is still a lot of the lost girl there not  wanting to go alone, even if she isn't as Emmett would be there, but I get what she means.   

I may be going against the grain but I like Bella, she has come a long way since that terrified, semi feral girl Dean & Colby found four years ago.  She was semi illiterate, no social skills.  Ross had told her her mother had left her but it was revealed he'd killed her and buried her in the back garden of the house they were living in.  Ross later found her and then kidnapped her, Willow and Chelsea and asked Colby who  he should kill not the actions of a loving father.  She that stint in the therapy  centre which helped a lot. She's learnt to be  a good friend to others and be there for them.   I know Colby cut off all contact with people when he went inside but will she let him know somehow she's off to New York to do what she always wanted to?  Ryder will be dead chuffed about it. 

OK so I got it wrong about Millie, Rose got through to her by fessing up a big mistake she'd made and got her to  own up to her involvement in the accident.  At least she got another cop to sit in with her when Millie gave her statement.   Does this lessen the charge against Logan? 

It was a good do for Bella's going away.  I did like they mentioned some of the bad things she had done, her hitch hiking in the boot of Ziggy's car,  her and Nik running off to the mountains, trying to burn down SALT.  After all her and Mac didn't get off on the best of terms what with Bella thinking Mac as mucking Colby about. That only changed when Mac protected her during the siege.   Nice mention of Colby and she thanked Dean along with Colby  for saving her from Ross.  Who knows how she would have turned out if they hadn't.  Shame we didn't hear anything from Ryder.  She did have another wobble asking what if she didn't like it - er she can come home. 

Nice touch that Nik made his peace with Emmett and apologised for wrecking his exhibition which Emmett said made him more money than if things had gone normally.   He's given the promise he'll look after Bella which I think he will.  

Credit where credit is due to Mac she could have taken up Emmett's offer of going off the the States to 'escape' all of her problems but she's staying where she is to face any music that could arise. 

The undercurrent during the evening/night of course is these calls Dean was getting from Nugget alerting him of the Nathan situation.  Just as well Bella is out of the country she'd be well against him getting involved.  Dean and Ziggy said they wouldn't have any more secrets but if she doesn't know what he is up to or where he is she can't lie to the cops can she? 

On 01/07/2022 at 14:27, H&Alover said:

Logan as we know is off sick still recovering from the accident and giving Tane a whole arm full of blood - you have to be quite old to get that reference ?? 

I got and RR 1's, my family are Hancock fans, hehe! ?

Right, COVID caught me a couple of weeks ago so I'm catching up...*deep breath*

Tane- Wowee, that was crazily dramatic, heart was in my mouth throughout; Ethan Browne did a fab job, he showed his acting chops there, you felt the pain and fear it really felt as if you were crouching beside him too. I know he was hallucinating but I found it quite heart-wrenchingly poignant when he was calling out for Ari (he's right, Ari would've had kittens and likely as not told him off!) also when he was trying to reassure Nik, a subtle but very sweet scene. Logan was fab, these are the moments of drama that make H&A great!

I could not stop laughing at Ziggy; 'What kind of pain is it?"' 'Painful!', that put me in mind of whenever you go to the docs for pain, they examine you and hit the sore spot and you react they always say, does that hurt? I often feel like saying, no I just fancied screaming! ?

Millie - She is such a spoiled brat but her attitude does seem to be the 'in' one these days; I don't want to take responsibility, especially since I'm a trainee lawyer, I shouldn't have to but everyone can clean up my mess and I can say anything about a guy and they'll believe me', a very dangerous and toxic attitude but I'm glad Rose got her to see sense! I don't overly like Xander, it's partly his fault he got into that mess and he seems generally a bit pathetic but he didn't deserve Millie's idea of 'justice'.

Chloe - Another amoral spoiled brat! Yes, Leah was a tad heavy-handed but she read Chloe like a book, she treats people like toys but then puts on the 'poor me' act when she can't hack the consequences. I think another aspect is the impact on Theo as, through no fault of his own, he's blinded by his crush and also becuase he has spent his life being terribly emotionally manipulated he would mistake Chloe's basic instincts (I'm being polite here!) as genuine affection, Lean can see this and in a way I would probably say you're both too young and damaged to be in a relationship, take time to understand yourself and your issues before jumping in type of thing.

Martha/Roo- It's interesting to watch Roo really because as she said she's run on adrenaline for so long and suddenly it's not needed yet she's almost afraid to believe that it's okay, it's safe now. I knew someone who had back to back to back family traumas and even 1 month after everything was resolved my friend was an utter bag of nerves, jumped every time the phone rang and you seen that in Roo. I think even she doesn't realise quite how damaged she's been through obviously the original trauma with Martha and the transplant struggle yes/no situation, the scars probably run far deeper and her refusal to leave Martha is another indication of the fact that maybe the little girl who lost her mum all those years ago still hasn't been heard fully and she's desperate to feel secure and let go but fears the spectre of what fate could have in store.

Bella & Nikau - I've always liked them as a pair, I think they're only meant to be late teens early 20's right, but they always seemed to have a solidarity instinct that you often see in older couples, to me that was encapsulated during Ari's funeral episodes, just their whole air gave me the married with kids vibe so seeing them split, even though they are both following their dreams is kind of sad. I loved their beach heart to heart , a change of pace for H&A usually that means one of them's about to die, then the candlelit dance was so romantic and simple it felt real and incredibly poignant.

Phew and there we are.

As much as I thought Brax a big twit at least he had presence about him that could threaten and scare these new river boys are laughable and even Dean what did he really do to get Nathan to confess offer him a bottle of beer and chase him around a junkyard haha

Theo and Chloe are in their 20's so not that young.  They both know they've been through a lot so are taking it easy.  Sorry though there was no excuse for the way Leah spoke to Chloe.

Lovely farewell for Bella, lots of hugs and kisses, Nik decided not to go the the airport then, shame Ziggy had to make excuses for Dean's absence.  Shame no mention of Irene was made.  I'm guessing Courtney Miller won't  be back so how will H&A write the reason why, I guess  this also means we won't be seeing Emmett anymore either??

Dean did get it right about not telling Ziggy anything so she could genuinely tell Cash she didn't know where he was.    

RB's like threatening folk and beating them up but as far as I can remember they have never killed anyone.  

Not something we'd thought we'd see Dean bringing in someone to face the cops. 

That was a quick result for the cops for a change, so no-one can complain it's 'dragging on' like they usually do  Fair dues to Nathan  he really didn't want to tell Cash who the staff member at SALT was who introduced him to Mac and that set up the illegal poker nights.  I don't think Nathan was totally  bad, he just finally snapped after all the treatment PK had handed out.  Seemed he didn't want money from him just to do his dirty work.  Nathan did try and warn Mac that PK didn't like people crossing him but she took it as a threat from him. 

Can't really blame Ziggy wanting sometime alone after Dean's latest escapade, thank goodness it worked out this time. She can't see why he relies still on the RB's, they were his family and they rely on each other even after all this time, it's very deep rooted.    Ziggy may have been a troubled teen, a right  moo sometimes,  but she did have Maggie and Ben there for her. 

So OK Cash arrests Felicity but no way after the way he slammed into Rose can he interview her.  It did look like he was sitting by her for some reason at the interview, it's not as if she is a  vulnerable adult.? Going to be repercussions for Mac too. 

Had he not realised Tane and Flick were an item? 

I think re: Tane situation, last time Cash was put in the picture they were *ahem* friends with benefits, nothing serious.

Actually, you make a point about the vulnerable adult thing, because although we've never really delved into Flick's background I always got the impression when Cash first talked about her that her wild personality was more than just a choice, that maybe it ran more along medical lines like Bipolar or similar and it almost sounded like she'd had treatment, been in hospital but he tried to keep it on the DL so it wouldn't affect her chances in future, also given what you saw on her file with previous stalking before Tane but just my opinion!

Archived