2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Funny others have been saying Dean hasn't had much to do but now it seems he does whinge because it's how he reacts to news like that.  I did notice he'd called the Boys in but they hadn't heard of PK.  It was totally unfair of him to blame Felicity for not being at Salt, Mac was 'asked' not to have her there because PK  would have know she'd know the house doesn't pay, same as Tane. Felicity said a couple of times she wasn't asked to be there. Did Mac sleep with PK, despite her telling Tane, Ziggy and Dean she didn't because it appeared from what she was telling Ziggy in the trailer she did? Problem with his deal not standing up legally the fact the whole set up was illegal means she can't tell anyone in authority. Mac's right in stopping Dean calling in the Boys and wants to play it her way now she knows she's been conned and get her own back in her way.  Yes she is a smart business woman so should have known better but this was  a whole new ball game to her. 

Good be interesting to see if Rose digs something up even if technically what she is doing is against police procedures. 

I'm not sure if Chloe is playing a new game with Theo, she seemed genuine but there is that doubt.   I thought the whole thing was her not wanting to be at home was because Mia was there but she's not now so why, it looks like Tane is on his own, guessing Nik is staying at Bella's.   Nik giving her a hard time and Bella blanking her is nothing new.   I'm guessing Theo and Chloe did just sleep together on the sofa. 

Nice to get  a mention of Ryder - though them having a dig at his cabin wasn't needed, what did they expect he's a mere crew member so would hardly have a en-suite cabin. 

Was odd no mention  of where Leah was, she wasn't working at the Diner.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mackenzie continues to be more than a little frustrating. I get her decision on an emotional level, that she nearly cheated on Logan so doesn't feel like she has the right to ask him for help, but having got in over her head, she just seems to be ploughing on with new real plan and a bunch of delusional pep-talks. Mind you, it looks like Logan might have other things to worry about after Cash's news...

I'm not sure why Leah's so pleased about Theo spending a day cheering Chloe up, given she was still giving her evil just last week. I did like Leah and Justin's chat about romance ("No, really, was that a hint?").

Is it a key part of the audition for the show you must be able to play the guitar? I rolled my eyes that’s how much I cared about Theo haha

Mackenzie is quite attractive but when she cries she kind of loses points with me on that scale I don’t really understand her plan with the money Deans seems the best but we will see

2 departures since I last posted.  Mia who I'm not particularly bothered about (although I would rather Chloe had gone with her) and Ryder.  I do think Ryder deserved the send off he got minus Nikau making it about him.  He wasn't my favourite character and at times I thought he was slightly naive but I do think certainly out of all the younger characters he was the one that seemed to have a moral compass.  Although admittedly participating in the gambling nights was slightly dubious.

I was on Rose's side regarding letting Alf off without a speeding ticket.  Although Cash has always been lenient.  I've starting to quite warm to Rose.  I like the rapport with Cash and I think they are good at keeping each other in check.  She hasn't acted like she fancies him over the last week or so although whether that's just because of the scenes they've been in haven't presented the opportunity or whether Rose is starting to see him a just a colleague/mate, I don't know.  It was mentioned a while back that Leah was like a dog with a bone but Rose is seriously giving her a run for her money given how she was about Felicity and the whole background check thing.

It's too early for me to say whether I like the Felicity/Rose stuff.  I do actually like the fact that at the very least Felicity is getting on with better with some of the female characters.  I've always felt she was pretty much an isolationist and doesn't really do mates.  The one friend she genuinely did have tried to kill her and a lot of her acquaintances seem to have come by default and don't seem like genuine friendships.  And the whole Tane thing was born from lust.  I didn't really like the way Dean was acting towards Felicity and he annoyed me again the way he was acting towards Tane, so I was glad Tane asked him to leave.  However, I do think Dean had a point.  Felicity was definitely going out of her way to help Mackenzie but she did get Mackenzie into the whole poker thing in the first place.

Every time I hear the name PK, I keep thinking of the Spanish center back but regardless I've been very annoyed about the whole Mackenzie situation and I think he's a scumbag.  I am slightly relieved as I veered from thinking she didn't go through with his proposition to seeing the preview yesterday and thinking that he did sleep with her to now realising (whilst it's not good) it wasn't a bad as what I thought.  I still think they should get him because he effectively stole 50 grand from her.  I quite like Ziggy's non judgmental approach with Mackenzie, although I guess she's changed now given how things ended with Tane.

I'm undecided whether Chloe is genuine about Theo or whether she's playing him as well and whilst I can't say I was too keen about her being in the episode, I did find it quite amusing in the Diner how firstly, Justin, Marilyn and Leah were smiling at her interacting with Theo seeing them get closer and secondly Cash's reaction when Chloe was serving him and she barely acknowledged him.

Xander's role as Millie's self-appointed bodyguard is getting irksome, and Jasmine seems to have had a quick turnaround over it. Logan may not have exactly had selfless motives in questioning her but there was no need for Xander to go steamrollering in the way he did.

Well, Leah lost out on her romantic dinner but got a reminder of just why she's with Justin, so that's a decent trade-off. Theo still seems to be being portrayed as suddenly on edge around Justin but hopefully this'll make him relax more.

After telling Roo she was right last week, Alf suddenly snaps back to sniping about "her" plans for Martha, although at least he did it in a lighter manner.

Thank goodness Mac was only worrying about the fact she let PK kiss her and it didn't go any further.  Fine that Mac feels she is an independent  woman not wanting to take money off her man, especially as she now realises she loves him but $50,000 is a heck of a lot of money. Also as you said Red he has got  a lot more to worry about.  Yes it was Felicity's idea of the poker nights but Mac is an adult and it was her that decided to take her up on it, no-one forced her. 

Rather a different outcome on how Cash viewed Alf's speeding to what it appears Logan's was.  I'm kind of guessing if just a mile or two over the official speed limit is OK but it seems Logan was over that and seeing where it was rather a twisty road and with quite a drop on one side a different matter altogether.  You don't always check your speed every couple of minutes.  According to Logan he just remembers Millie's car clipping him, could he have increased speed without realising and if he had been going slower could he have prevented it?   Millie seems to blame herself.  Xander does seem to be wanting to play her knight on  a white horse but no way should he be ordering Logan out of her room, she may not be Logan's patient but it's his Emergency Department and Xander doesn't even work there.  I definitely  don't think Jasmine should have told Xander what Logan told her, it was confidential and it's still an ongoing investigation. 

I'm undecided too about Chloe but she seemed genuine enough when Theo took her for that picnic.  Matt Evans can certainly play that guitar and he's got a  good voice too. I had a random thought at the time it'd be good to hear him and Justin to play and sing together and lo and behold they did in the next episode.  OK it could be said Justin lost it a bit about his guitar going missing and right away thought it was Theo. But that guitar means a lot to him and Theo could have left a note.  Theo did stand up to Justin when he heard him but then he explained what had happened when Dimitri found one he had saved up for, he smashed it and burnt it.  There are still mental scars that Dimitri left. I remember when Dimitri came round and saw the guitar and it looked like he was going to smash it too but Ryder happened to walk in.  That jamming session was a lovely moment and a real bit of bonding there. 

Xander's getting on my nerves re Millie.  He's way too attached.  If this is how he acts towards patients I'm not surprised he didn't get the paramedics job and the cynic in me is wondering whether he fancies her.

Jasmine annoyed me as well although I often find her quite annoying anyway.  She purposely didn't mention the police suspecting Logan causing the accident to Xander initially presumably because she thought it would be problematic but despite the fact Logan confided in her, she decides to tell Xander anyway.

Bella's back to babysitting the annoying manchild she's dating, although at least Nikau did his bit helping Millie. I've heard it said before that "swimmer in distress" is lifeguard code for "suicide attempt". I think I'd kind of assumed Nikau was going to get paid for his shifts now he's qualified, but obviously not. Xander is definitely getting too attached: I can kind of see why he'd want to reassure Millie, but he doesn't have all the fact. Jasmine's attempt to give him a wake-up call didn't really seem to work.

Alf has now snapped back to being in favour of Roo's plans for Martha, but fair play to him for giving credit where it's due. So...happy ending after all then?

How handy Xander and Jasmine happened to be walking by when they saw Nik  resuscitating someone he'd rescued from the sea and of course there had to be an added danger of a rip - Nik was doing a good job, but once it had been explained Xander was a paramedic he had no problem handing over to someone is more qualified.   Nik is still a volunteer then so of course he needs a job to be able to pay his way but had to turn down John's offer of more shifts as they could get in the way of any work hours.  Could he help Alf at the bait shop as Roo will need some convalescence after her op?  Seems neither Chloe and Nik are wanting to go home so they don't bump into each other. ?  

It looks like Millie could now be getting independent on Xander not wanting to go in the ambulance without him and he's told her what Jas told him about Logan. I still have the feeling though there could be faults on both sides.  Is Millie really not being able to remember or is she blocking out what happened?  Sad she feels she can't see her family because of what happened but it is her right to unless there is some other reason?  Pure speculation on my part - I've got it wrong before - but maybe her family thought Jo was a bad influence, she from what Millie has said was a bit of  a wild one.  To try and kill yourself because you were driving the car which caused the death of your friend is out there, but at least psych has been called to see her. 

Some good news for Xander,  Yabby Creek paramedics want to see him again.

Good news on the Martha front too - she's come to the right place in her mind and decided to see the transplant co-ordinator.  Her results look promising but let's not forget Roo has still be healthy enough for it too, will she have a re-run of her tests? 

Looks like Dean has got himself  and Mac in a tight spot.

Archived