2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I was on the edge of my seat at the end of today's ep, the camera work was excellent as it actually gave you the feeling of claustrophobia and the maniacal laughter really amped up that disorientation. Eeek for poor Tane, one this EB does very well is subtlety, you don't need great yelps of pain but the fear he 'felt' (as Tane) was obvious, the ending was a knockout!

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alf's episode count this week:Three.

Mackenzie's plan had a slim chance of working but that's about it.PK's plan seemed to be dependent on catching Mackenzie on the hop and keeping her confused: Even though he continues to insist she's in debt, he must know that she'll have spoken to people who know the truth by now, even with Felicity staying out of sight. Dean and Tane finally seem to have found something approaching common ground even if they're not exactly best buds still. Kind of ironic that Dean spent most of the episode looking for someone to hit, and when they finally appeared, he was pretty much outclassed until he had Tane to back him up.The unlikely team-up of Felicity and Rose continues to pay dividends.

John again demonstrates that, if he can stop annoying people, he makes a very good mentor, as he manages to find a way to help Nikau and keep him on as a lifeguard.

Nikau being fickle again and also unreliable like when he worked at the bait shop.

I did enjoy the scenes with Rose and Felicity and think they interact well together.

PK didn't waste much time sending those guys round.  TBH even if Mac had slept with him to clear her 'debt', I still think he would have gone through with forcing her to use Salt to make profits from regular poker nights.

Despite having to accept the agreement of being over 16 on My5, the stabbing was off camera.  Wonder what it was like when they broadcasted it in the afternoon on Channel 5.  I was pretty disgusted after I saw the preview but will reserve judgment until I've seen the actual episode.

No we didn't see the stabbing in the afternoon episode, we didn't even realise Tane had been stabbed until they ran off, unless it was the violence TPTB were worried about?   Nathan turned up earlier and warned - not in a menacing way I thought - Mac about how bad PK is, she did lend him the cash to get PK's guys off his back and maybe wanted to repay the favour.  Dean may be a tough guy but even he knew when he was outnumbered and there was Mac to think about. 

I knew PK had a hold over Nathan which I guess is why Nathan 'proposed' PK for the game against Mac and Felicity's judgement, he's into him for a lot of dosh.  Did PK give him the money to pay Mac back get back on her good side?  PK has been in this game a good while and must have heard proposals like Mac's before, he may be a sleaze but he's a smart one.  Fair enough Felicity couldn't be there but even Tane trying act as a casual customer didn't fool him.  PK doesn't like being crossed does he? 

Rose whilst breaking police protocols has managed to find something, not PK directly but by using Nathan's name  and finding out he was a whizz kid but was made bankrupt so in deep ? yet suddenly he got himself out of it, no surprise who that could be.?  I could  see Rose doing the  ? when Felicity used that well worn phrase "I'm asking for a friend".   

Nik felt he didn't have a choice to give up volunteering in case it got in the way of any full time job he may have to take,  bait shop would be ideal  as a stop gap but  wouldn't bring a lot in and he could fit that in. 

John does have his faults but he does stand by people he thinks deserves a chance and Nik has proved himself as a very decent life guard so worth putting him forward as full time meaning he'd be actually earning.  John seemed rather overwhelmed when Nik hugged him.?

I will just add that there haven't been any cuts made with the stabbing, the afternoon airing on C5 was how it originally aired in Oz.

It's a blink and miss moment but you can see the guy thrusting his fist towards Tane's abdomen just before they stumble to the floor, but yes the point was that the reveal didn't come until afterwards.

Given that there was a bit of furore earlier in the year about an episode of Neighbours where a knife was shown but not used being heavily trimmed in some Channel 5 showings, I suspect just the fact we got a close-up of the knife was enough to warrant a warning without us actually seeing it stuck in someone. (Ahh, remember when the Channel 5 edit of Evelyn finding a knife in Tank's belongings made it look like a penknife..?)

Anyway, moving from the broadcasters to the characters...it feels like they took a hell of a risk for very little reward.It's Dean who first insisted they couldn't call the police, until when Mackenzie seemed perfectly willing to call an ambulance, but she didn't need much to change her mind.Tane agreed, which absolves them of responsibility a bit because what would they have done if he hadn't and was begging them to get him proper help? Maybe I'm naive but it feels like the police would be more interested in someone being stabbed than illegal gambling.In fact, it's even worse than that, since all they needed to say was that two guys tried to rob the place, so basically Tane's life was put in danger just because no-one could think of a decent half-truth.In all, it comes across as a rather flimsy excuse to have Logan act like an underworld doctor.

I should probably watch again because I didn't quite get what Rose found in the database...did Felicity stalk someone?!

I think everyone was pretty stupid there to not take Tane to hospital  surely it’s better than not letting him die 

For once Ziggy was amusing faking that pain didn’t the nurses wonder what happened to her after she left with Dean and I think they should be slightly worried if anyone get hold of drugs that easily 

Archived