2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

39 minutes ago, H&Alover said:

? that dance with Alf & Martha, him worried about it being too much for her, it wasn't the can-can just a slow waltz. 

To be fair, if Alf's involved he could well be expecting the can-can as a possibility...

Xb4NP2.png

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Mackenzie's desperate to get out of debt but she really needs to stop and think and then pull out. PK is calling all the shots and almost certainly got an agenda: Chances are getting rid of Felicity is less about who her brother is and more about not wanting anyone there who knows what's going on.

Alf and Roo took a long time to cotton on to the fact that Martha didn't want to have the tests done because she's scared it would all be for nothing.I think Roo's being rather premature: They've been doing this for maybe a week, and Alf was still insisting it was all nonsense a day earlier.If the tests show no change, that could be very dispiriting.

Actually it's good that Ryder has gone, he'd only be dragged into the poker night debacle and get himself into something he may be able to get out of.  Mac is just looking at what she wants to see and not wanting to look too deep.  Mac was trying to avoid telling Flick she wasn't welcome on voyage but had to fess up in the end.  Felicity did delve into PK's history but didn't find anything but it could be he's just good at covering his tracks. He did his history and found out she's a cop's sister.  Flick did confront PK and that she had been doing this 'job' a while and it hadn't been a problem before, but then she is now working in the same town as her brother. She does have good instincts though and knows he's not 'right'. 

Are there others pulling PK's strings as he hinted to Felicity? 

Just speculation here - NO SPOILERS - methinks there are others involved and they are wanting to buy into Salt or take over so they can run their little games of poker and not having to pay out for the middle man or woman.  

I did wonder how Mac was going to manage on her own, but it looked like Ziggy had been roped in.

As an aside Felicity obviously was totally unaware Ryder had gone as gone! 

Was she going to spill the beans to Cash when she turned up at Yabby Creek nick?

Mac rebuffed Dean again and she's not making herself popular with John by getting stroppy about throwing another 'Function Night'.  it has to affect her takings and losing future customers by turning them away and regulars. 

Didn't look good for Felicity with Nathan and a heavy turning up.  I hope Tane isn't far away.

Brief mention of Logan that he said he was  fine to Mac but he would say that. 

I didn't cotton on that it was the same day at first because of course Ryder's farewell was in the afternoon and wondered why Roo & Marilyn were sitting outside the Diner then when they went back all the lights were still up.? Yes Martha did seem fine so stop bloody pushing Roo about getting her to go and see the transplant coordinator. Martha just wants to enjoy her 'good' days she is having at the moment and not wanting to go into hospital and being prodded and poked and having needles stuck in her. 

Alf's episode count this week:Four.

Well, I guess it was inevitable that Mackenzie wouldn't just have a few fun poker nights and clear her debts, things had to go badly wrong at some point.She really should have heeded Felicity's warnings about PK and cut him off, rather than dancing to his every wish, ending up with nothing to show for it and getting into even worse trouble.I'm wondering if it was Nathan that sent that text to Tane in order to draw him out of the way, given he'd probably be less likely to swallow PK's tall stories than Mackenzie and Ziggy were.

It's curious, I've seen posts recently from people who don't like the show anymore with the usual arguments that it's nothing but gangs and murders these days...but this is the first time this season when we've actually had a character who I'd consider an out-and-out villain. The odd unlawful killing cover-up aside, I think everything else this year is something you could easily imagine happening in 1988.

1 hour ago, CaptainHulk said:

Anyone else feeling like the Poker story is sucking the soul out of the show rn?

It’s not as good as I thought it was going to be 

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Alf's episode count this week:Four.

Well, I guess it was inevitable that Mackenzie wouldn't just have a few fun poker nights and clear her debts, things had to go badly wrong at some point.She really should have heeded Felicity's warnings about PK and cut him off, rather than dancing to his every wish, ending up with nothing to show for it and getting into even worse trouble.I'm wondering if it was Nathan that sent that text to Tane in order to draw him out of the way, given he'd probably be less likely to swallow PK's tall stories than Mackenzie and Ziggy were.

It's curious, I've seen posts recently from people who don't like the show anymore with the usual arguments that it's nothing but gangs and murders these days...but this is the first time this season when we've actually had a character who I'd consider an out-and-out villain. The odd unlawful killing cover-up aside, I think everything else this year is something you could easily imagine happening in 1988.

I think that Chloe is maybe being moulded into a villain Pk might be one but he isn’t going to around for that long as I’m not a main character 

19 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

They've done gambling before but better (Haydn 1994, Dan 2005) there was even real Menace in that last one (VJ kidnapped). It just feels a bit... draggy.

In 1988, the worst that would have happened is Lance and Martin get a gun pulled on them by a card shark who fires and gets killed himself when the bullet Ricochets!? 

On 15/06/2022 at 02:21, pembie said:

Shame Ryder is going even though I find his exit quite abrupt and quite silly

After 5yrs in Summer Bay, if I had a chance to take off on a cruise ship, I'm running like Nsync in the Bye Bye Bye video!?

Of course Mac would listen to Ziggy telling her not to go to PK's room - NOT! His sleazy suggestion Mac wear something 'special' to the Poker Night was definitely ?.  I know he told Mac why the house lost but I didn't get it, was it something he'd 'forgot' to tell her beforehand?  Good point it may have been Nathan to text Tane but he would have had to take the chance Tane cottoned on something was wrong to go home and right at the time so he didn't hear PK's 'offer'.  He did well not to flatten Nathan or Big Barry.  Ziggy it turned out was asked/begged by Felicity to be her stand in. How handy Dean was away for the evening looking after Jai, he was kept in the loop by what had occurred when Ziggy returned home. No way is he going to leave Mac without back up despite what he said.

Felicity was hoping then to get Cash to do some digging on PK but without telling him why, but of course he can't - don't want him getting into more trouble with Rose.  Interesting discussion/debate/argument between them with him having a go at her' eavesdropping'.  H

Third time of trying to enter this!!!!!!

Obvious Mac was going to ignore Ziggy telling her not to go to PK's hotel room.  Has he booked under that name btw?  We've seen he's been a bit of  a creep but he showed how much of a sleaze he was by 'suggesting' Mac wear something 'special' on the night. ?  We saw that it was Felicity asked/begged Ziggy to step in for her but at least Tane was there as back up.  Good point that Nathan texted Tane to get him out of there at the right time, though he would have taken a chance Tane did feel something was wrong to go home.  Tane did good not to hit Nathan and Big Barry.  Nathan does seem to be under PK's control somewhat. 

Handy of course Dean was away for the evening looking after Jai but of course he get the low down when Ziggy came home in her posh frock.  He, despite what he said before, will have Mac's back.

That was what Felicity wanted with Cash, to look  into PK's history if he has one but of course on the qt.  Which he couldn't not without Rose having another go at him for 'breaking' the rules.   He had a go at her for 'eavesdropping' but hardly that as Felicity wasn't exactly discreet about what she wanted, could have gone into the interview room.   She followed it up the next day by approaching Felicity and offering to do what Cash wouldn't/couldn't, her claim is she is bored and maybe misses the excitement of being in the city.  She may have contacts she can call on. 

A brief if informative note in the progress of the accident, neither car had any mechanical flaw/fault so down to driver error whoever it maybe.  Rose did confide in Cash she was worried about Xander being too concerned about Millie. 

If we didn't have any excitement there would be complaints it was boring.   We did have Susie's murder where a few of the residents were under suspicion.   Everybody wants everything solved/sorted in five minutes these days no staying power with some folk. 

I'd have hoped that Dean and Tane might finally decide to stop acting like they were in the playground but nope. I don't know if it's personal preference or not but I usually find Dean the most annoying in their spats and that was the case here. Yes, Felicity's got some responsibility for what's gone on, but Dean constantly having a go when she did her best to warn Mackenzie she was doing it all wrong just made him look like a pillock.In one sense, it didn't look like PK was going to let Mackenzie go, but in another sense, even without the fact he'd made up the debt, he didn't seem to have much leverage: His "Sleep with me or give me $100,000" deal would hardly stand up legally! That seems a lot of trouble to go to in order to blackmail Mackenzie into bed, although I guess he got some money out of it as well. Felicity and Rose teaming up could be interesting: Felicity's someone who doesn't immediately come across as a "woman's woman" but is actually pretty good with female friendships.

Despite Chloe saying last week that she kept the journal to stop falling into old patterns of behaviour, here she is. At least she has more reason this time, given that Nikau actually is giving her a hard time and Bella's blanking her, but attaching herself to Theo and avoiding her home is definitely ringing alarm bells. It's been noticeable (for those of us who note these things) that since Leah's been back, she's been on reduced episode count, meaning Justin always has one episode a week without her. Sometimes it works, and then sometimes you get an episode like this where he's at home, at night, and no-one even acknowledges Leah exists!

Archived