2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

On 24/05/2022 at 17:03, Dan F said:

Not sure what brought you to that conclusion, but it was clear from the outset that Jasmine is the eldest.

Rose's mother was pregnant with her when she met Jasmine's dad (who had already left behind a six-year-old Jasmine).

Oops quite right. ?

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like the unintentional advice Marilyn gave Chloe was very good advice meaning she should actually 'talk' to Mia and explain why she wanted to stay even if Mia felt she should go which she has changed her mind about, just as well  Tane didn't sign the hand over papers. I hope Chloe made up with Nik and Bella knowing now they didn't know about her wanting to take her away with her.   Did look a little sparse wise in the Diner - though only two customers Bella & Nik.

Wow that dress Flick was wearing was to kill for!?  But I did wonder  how the hell she managed to pay for it, she doesn't earn much and she's always seemed skint.  But then I thought did she hire it overnight like Tane did his suit, that one certainly fitted him better than the one he had before.  She may have had it before she cancelled Mac's night to spend time with Tane which she would never have done in recent months, she would have dropped him like a hot potato.  They were pretty gutsy turning up like that, pity Tane lost this time round to Nathan and Jack, seemed amicable enough.  That was a lovely early morning scene with Tane & Flick I think they could make a good couple.  She is sticking by him with all his family problems which the Flick we first saw wouldn't do. 

Ziggy was the only one Mac could think off to rope in - Dean wasn't happy about it being a Buck's Night so she had to back track and say it was Hen's, then he got anxious about there a possibility there would be a male stripper! ? It was Mac couldn't win then.  Dean did  take a swipe about Ziggy defending her ex when she intervened in their argument, but Ziggy wisely dispelled it and didn't pick a row. 

I knew Ziggy would say to Mac she and Dean never kept secrets from another so she'd have to tell him about the Poker Night once Mac told her what was going on.  Dean & Logan are both suspicious about what Mac is up to, they both know she is hiding something.  Did like their blokes night even if Logan couldn't drink as he was on call just as well maybe he got called in just before.  Now he knows and of course he's concerned because it is illegal, she'd lose her licence, business, possible got to jail as could Ryder, only a brief glimpse of him btw. The guys and gals playing there would keep quiet. Talking of quiet John & Dean said what I was thinking no way would a Hens' or Buck's Night be so silent.??  There did seem to be a code of how the guests,  well male guests, behaved towards the ladies, well Ziggy this time with respect. 

Dimitri has turned up again and not looking a happy bunny. Where had he been hiding out - doesn't he have a business to run? 

John's thoughts on  the way Theo was treated by his dad may have brought back memories of how he treated his stepson Trey back when we first knew him so knows of what he is talking about and how that turned out or could have turned out. He was a bit of a bully towards him, though I don't think it was physical mainly mental bullying. Trey had been an overweight kid and John had got him into a fitness programme and helped him to get fit but John tended to go overboard by wanting to control everything but Trey rebelled against him.  

I haven't liked how pre-poker Mac has acted towards Felicity but I do think Felicity left her in the lurch at the start of the episode when she bailed on the Poker night to be with Tane.  The whole thing is quite dependent on her.  She got most of the poker players in and is acquainted with some of them on a personal level so I didn't think it was fair.  Dean has been getting on my nerves (and part of me wanted Tane to deck him previously) but it was hard to disagree with his reasoning about the types of people Mackenzie could potentially have to deal with eventually and the fallout if someone gets out of shape from losing a lot of cash.  That's of course putting aside the amount of trouble she could land in and the possibility of losing her liqueur license.

Given that the poker tables seem to come with their own dealers, I'm assuming Mackenzie hires them out from someone, probably via Felicity. As to how she gets them in there without anyone noticing...Magic?

I wasn't expecting Tane and Felicity to reappear, but they seem to have formed into a good couple.Felicity, after initially taking an in-the-moment attitude, seems to have turned into a very good supportive girlfriend.

Okay, I wasn't expecting Alf, Martha, Roo and Irene to all be back in Summer Bay so quickly! At first it seemed like it was Alf being Alf, but they seem to have all called a truce by the end.Then we get the reveal that there's something else Martha isn't saying...

Dimitri continues to exist in a world of his own, convinced that if he gets Theo to come back live with him then everyone will just get over it. Ryder shows again what a treasure he is: It's hard to imagine any of the other youngsters doing such a good job of supporting Theo.

Tane and Feilcity I thought were really corny I rolled my eyes I thought they were pointless in that episode

as for the poker night one person I wouldn’t tell would be Ziggy but I guess Dean had to find out 

I don’t really care about Theo but Leah I find some reason annoying 

12 hours ago, pembie said:

Tane and Feilcity I thought were really corny I rolled my eyes I thought they were pointless in that episode

as for the poker night one person I wouldn’t tell would be Ziggy but I guess Dean had to find out 

I don’t really care about Theo but Leah I find some reason annoying 

Leah often seen as polarising. In her early days she got on my nerves as she would yammer incessantly but she's all time H&A legend.

13 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Okay, I wasn't expecting Alf, Martha, Roo and Irene to all be back in Summer Bay so quickly! At first it seemed like it was Alf being Alf, but they seem to have all called a truce by the end.Then we get the reveal that there's something else Martha isn't....

It's not looking too good and with Belinda being an in and out player... What are we to think?

I'm guessing the croupiers bring in the tables maybe when the Surf Club and gym closes, though all these extra people wouldn't be easy to keep under wraps? Cards and chips would be easy to bring in. 

John nearly tripped Dean up when John asked Dean about 'the night'? meaning the 'Buck's/Hen's Night'.  Dean picked the right 'victim' by 'asking' Ryder to spy on Mac for him, he was more scared of Dean than Mac. Then Justin collared him to go and see Theo, they were meant to be be kind of friends which luckily he did. 

I was hoping Tane and Felicity would say the L word to each other, it's the right time and long enough now since their stalking of each other and the trouble that caused at the time. Not something Felicity would say lightly nor him as he got burnt recently.  Rather sweet Tane admitting he was scared of rivers but had no problem with the sea whereas most people would be the opposite.   You do know of course once Cash finds out he'll be warning Tane NOT to hurt his little sister.   Very small niggle though what happened to the basket of goodies Flick brought to Tane did she just leave it there??

Odd how Leah & Theo turned up back in the bay and Dimitri also popped up when people thought he had gone, was he close by and just happened to know when they reappeared?  Theo seemed a lot happier and it appeared from what Leah said the whole family were on Theo's side, it would have helped that his mum backed his story so not having to just take his word for it. Dimitri seemed to have dropped out of the family discussion when he could have defended himself though how that could have been possible.  John did good by  giving  Justin & Leah the heads up by letting them know he was back.  Dimitri really doesn't see that he has done anything wrong, it's black and white to him, he's right, everyone else is wrong. Him telling Justin to back off as he isn't family is fair enough, Justin would have the same reaction if someone else butted in for outside from his family, but Leah is family.  Leah can be very annoying at times but then  so can Roo!

That was scary him going to see Theo on  his own and just shoved his way in so it was fortuitous  Ryder pitched up when he did, would Dimitri have smashed Theo's guitar or hit him with it?  I'm glad Theo told him but Ryder asked the same questions as John did why didn't Theo, when old enough to understand what was happening, didn't he report him to the cops.  The same answer, his word against his dad's plus it would have dragged his mum into it.  Chloe has her own problems, Nik & Bella aren't that close to Theo, but at least he knows someone else is there for him.  Looked a bit sus Theo meeting his dad and Leah is worried. Abusers can be very persuasive. 

It seems you have to wait ages for one resident  to return then you get six in one go!?

Definitely something suss going on that Alf & Martha are keeping from Roo, me thinks his getting Roo 'thrown out' of the hospital was to keep her finding out what is really going on.  Alf fussing around Martha would drive me to hit him with something, she doesn't need any more stress it seems.  Alf did say one thing though, the longer she/they keep it from her the harder it will be. 

Alf's episode count this week:Two. Tane was in four.

So, it turns out Rose and Xander's mother is still alive (which raises a lot of questions) and Rose outright states she's the middle child, which she's clearly still getting used to.Xander and Jasmine do, after that rocky start, have a very relaxed and natural sibling repartee, to the point that I wonder if Rose might be a bit jealous, although she seems to be more willing to give things a go than she was at the start of the week. Only in soaps do long lost relatives come for a visit and end up moving there! (And why have they suddenly started talking about Cash's touch footy team? We haven't seen them since that first training session! Are Ryder and Chloe still on it?)

That was a pretty sharp u-turn from Martha, but I guess reality has finally set in, several months too late, that dying on her family doesn't help anyone.Of course Roo was going to agree!

Theo and Dimitri's rapprochement doesn't last long as Dimitri can't control the urge to rely on strong-arm tactics.And...they actually showed us the cliffhanger in the promo.Which made it look like Dimitri just charged in and punched Justin without warning, which he kind of did, but only after they'd argued.

Archived