2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

People always blow up when others insist they 'need' to see someone, that NEVER works as we have seen plenty of times, you can't force someone to 'talk' to others if they are not ready.  I've not minded Mia. She's a very independent sort and seemed to have been been able to manage what life has thrown at her before and never wanted to rely on others to 'help'  her get through things.

I'm supposing 'Chloe' has done her three days as we haven't seen her.

It did seem a bad slip of continuity when Mia said she'd come to the bay for Ari when it was Chloe, seemingly the writers remembered what actually happened, no idea why they just didn't reshoot that scene.? 

Though Jasmine seemed to 'forget' her memory too, she didn't come to the bay because of Robbo, he was already there, she literally ran into him and Kat let's not forget,  but she didn't get together with him for ages.  They both agreed on the fact everything reminded them of their respective late hubbies and as Jas said she  had to leave for a while.  She also had her problems with her obsession with Grace. 

It is confusing for Xander & Rose, one minute Jas seems OK with them, but then blanks them, then wants them to stay.?   Maybe needed some neutral space for them to have a good chat, common ground for Jas and Xand them being in the medical profession, can talk about things which needn't touch on 'dad'.   Did Xand & Rose have to take another van or were they able to retake the option of the one they were just about to leave??  I'm guessing they have taken leave from their jobs in the city? 

Seems rather serious if Alf has taken Martha into hospital.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I'm not a fan of Chloe, I did appreciate seeing Nikau mending fences with her.Sadly, we're getting classic self-absorbed behaviour from Mia, who's decided what's right for her and expects everyone else to just fall into line.It's a shame Chloe ended up half-overhearing the conversation, if only because it gives Mia an excuse to blame Tane for how she took it.

Xander has a point: Rose is the one that's been pushing things with Jasmine for the last week or two, and now that everyone else is on board, she suddenly decides to bail.Her choice of course, but it's a shame that it seems to have cast a cloud over Jasmine and Xander's attempts to get to know each other.

Seems Martha isn't as much at death's door as was initially implied, although that hasn't put a stop to Roo's plan to charge up there.

I was cheering when Bella told Chloe where to go last week but I'm now at the point where I just think she's being so stupid, she almost deserves everything she gets.  I'm actually hoping Mia is able to change Chloe's mind and they both leave the Bay although we'll see how that works out as they need to address the issue of her acting like the Walking Dead on the occasional night.  I was actually glad she had a go at Dean as he's been getting on my nerves.

I have found the storyline with Jasmine/Xander/Rose quite interesting.  I felt sorry for both of them initially as they were making an effort but Jasmine kept throwing it back in their faces.  When Xander and Rose decided to leave, I wasn't entirely sure as I didn't think there wasn't much point of the writers bringing them in just to have them go quite quickly.  But I was still a little surprised there was a U-turn from Jasmine.  I think Rose was quite hurt when she heard that Cash had to convince Jasmine to respond to her text.  She obviously felt that Jasmine rejected her and perhaps it affected her pride.  I do accept the practical argument that they have lives elsewhere and she's got a job to go to.  I'm not a fan of Jasmine and I haven't like how she's been but I do still think her behaviour has been quite understandable.  Although as usual, it's quite amusing seeing her out of shape, last week during their lunch and then openly admitting to Cash she was jealous and resentful.

That answered my question - Xand asked Ryder - well the grandson of the owner - if they could stay.?

Chloe did seem to see the errors of her ways once Nik got her to talk and she apologised for the way she was stalking them - well Bella.  Shame she misheard and blamed Nik & Bella, just as they had got on an even keel,  as they knew nothing about Mia's plan for not just her leaving but deciding to take Chloe with her like she was some underage teenager.  I can see why Mia is unhappy but she was assuming Chloe is just as unhappy after everything has gone down, she wouldn't like it if someone did that to her, but she isn't thinking logically or reasonably.   

Both Chloe and Mia need professional help, but as any H&A fan knows from previous watching people can't be forced to get help, unless they want it - Justin was a recent one.

Seemed like it was a family orientated episode last night.  Xand, Rose and Jasmine being the next in line.  Jasmine did go overboard with the 'getting to know you' approach with Rose and she did later admit she wasn't still totally sure.  Maybe Rose has issues we - or Xander - doesn't know about.?  Maybe Rose feels a bit pushed out as Xand and Jas are half brother and sister and she  is 'only' a step/adopted sister.  Not that I am saying she is an 'only' I'm adopted so don't mean it in a mean way. I was right that Rose is the eldest of the three, then Jas, then Xander so he has two bigger, bossy sisters. Irene didn't help by her suggestions, rather put in her place.   

Then there is Roo and her parents, wanting to see Martha and Irene offering to drive - doesn't Roo have a car(?) - but wasn't it odd Alf saying Martha wasn't as ill as he said she was  before after Roo said she & Irene were driving  down to see them.   Maybe some instinct that Roo still decided to go. 

1 minute ago, H&Alover said:

I was right that Rose is the eldest of the three, then Jas, then Xander so he has two bigger, bossy sisters.

Not sure what brought you to that conclusion, but it was clear from the outset that Jasmine is the eldest.

Rose's mother was pregnant with her when she met Jasmine's dad (who had already left behind a six-year-old Jasmine).

I pretty much nodded when Chloe said it would be best if she left, although in the end it was Mia that backed down and decided to stay, meaning all that angst was for nothing.Dean means well, but their history means he's one of the last people Tane wants to be getting advice from.Felicity's getting quite good at this supportive girlfriend stuff.

Meanwhile, Mackenzie's lies are getting ever more complicated as she tries to remember who's on what level of truth and now has to rely on Ziggy for help.

Shame Tane didn't decide he wanted to go to Salt before Felicity told Mackenzie she couldn't make it.Mind you, given how suspicious Dean was, he might have decided to gatecrash even if Ziggy wasn't there.A bit worrying that his reaction to the poker night was one of severe concern.Up until now Mackenzie's only viewpoints have been Ryder's rather naive enthusiasm and Felicity showing a typical inability to feel fear.The fact that they've hired a former Neighbours villain as one of the poker players makes it seem a bit less wholesome... The episode ending was so abrupt I wondered if they'd shown the scenes in the wrong order!

I meant to say yesterday: Why was Marilyn so keen to get rid of Chloe? With Irene and Leah out of town, they appear to be the only people working there!

Archived