2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mackenzie seems to be spending a lot of time apologising at the moment, often to Felicity! Dean made an insightful comment when he pointed out it's not so much down to Mackenzie not trusting people as her having a hard time accepting help, which is why things ended between her and Logan. Anyway, Felicity got to make her pitch in the end and Mackenzie seems to have gained a new right hand person: I'm certainly enjoying this rather chalk and cheese friendship between the two of them!

To be fair, Justin is mostly to blame for this mess with Theo. This wouldn't have happened if he hadn't muscled in and done the assignment for him, and then bragged about it in public. Leah did jump the gun a bit by getting Justin to call TAFE without speaking to Theo first, but I guess she had no reason to doubt what Justin said. And Theo could have avoided this if he'd just told Justin he wasn't using what he wrote, although I can understand why it was easier not to. (The number of times my mum insisted my dad help me write a letter, then I'd just rewrite it after he was gone...) TAFE seem to be being unnecessarily bloody-minded about this: The only evidence of plagiarism they have is Justin's report, so presumably all that's needed is for him to look at what Theo submitted and go "That's not what I wrote"?

It's been so long since the gym sale that Tane, like the rest of us, didn't consider the implications of Chloe looking at the paperwork. (So, did she not know, then? Was she busy doing all-night burito making at the time?) It's a bit odd to bring this up now when the two people most involved are dead or gone!

20 hours ago, Dan F said:

I had to go back and look for that as I had no recollection - it was actually her solicitor she was calling - she just said it in such a way that it could easily have been picked up as "sister" ?

I did think she said sis but I may have been mistaken. 

It's OK for Mac to wanting to be independent and run the place herself, but as Dean said there is nothing wrong in accepting help, it's not like it's handing over 'power' for heavens sake.  That will be an interesting dynamic with Flick & Mac, is this the ex we have seen before - quite a while back I must admit - or another one?  

Justin is indeed the main culprit, he should have just left it at the 'basics' as he said he was going to and let Theo build on it.  Theo was a bit to blame as he did rewrite it but as he said he didn't want to hurt Justin's feelings by not telling him he'd hadn't used his 'work'.   Justin did what Theo asked him NOT to by ringing TAFE again which seemed to have got him in deeper water.    If Justin has still got 'his' assignment he could prove whose was whose as of course what TAFE have is nothing like his, he hasn't seen Theo's work so hasn't got a clue what he wrote.  Did love how overjoyed Theo was when he found out before the whole debacle and he how  thanked Chloe for her input and her nudging not pushing him into not giving up and giving him the idea.  

:offtopic:Had Matt Evans been away only he looked rather more sun tanned than before we last saw him? 

Things like that do come back and bite you on the bum eventually, though how was it found under the F file? Finances, funding, fiddle, fraud??  I'm  sure it was only Ari, Mia and Tane involved in it, I don't think even Nik knew so definitely not Chloe,  I think the 'adults' decided to keep the 'kids' out of it.  The money had come from the bank raid Ari did time for and supposedly was never found, but we found out Mia had hidden it? .  Chloe as we know isn't stupid and though Tane didn't say anything he did look uncomfortable and she gave him a look.  You can bet she'll do some digging. 

The only ex of Mackenzie I can think of is the one that helped her get the money for Salt, tried to blackmail her and got seen off by Dean and Colby: Since she's still on good terms with this one, I think it's safe to assume it's not him!

Even though Theo produces the alternate assignment, his tutor carried on insisting black was white out of sheer bloody-mindedness. At least he got a chance to resit rather than being failed and kicked off the course, even if he's probably lost his distinction.It's a shame this seems to have ruined his close relationship with Justin.

Chloe really was like a dog with a bone and there was nothing Tane and Mia could do to get her to drop it.With Cash being the last person they wanted her talking to about it, Tane had to resort to the truth, or enough of it so she could guess the rest.One apparent continuity blip when she claims the gym was bought for cash: The whole point was that they couldn't just hand over the cash, which is why Ari and Tane had to meet some dodgy characters to turn it into a cheque.The contract was filed under S by the way, presumably for Sale.

Given that Cash broke Rose's request for space by approaching her, he might at least have passed on Irene's message while he was doing it! I liked Xander's utter bewilderment at the casual way things are organised in Summer Bay. But looks like Rose was really serious about not wanting to live there anymore...

My ears again mistaking S for F!?   I always have to spell my surname as it begins with S and people always repeat F so  I should know better. ?

Told you Chloe isn't stupid but Tane was acting a bit shady so to have bound to have raised her suspicions. Mia, seemingly,  was equally as evasive.  Her 'lucky' guess "did they rob a  bank?"? caught Tane completely on the wrong foot so had to confess.   She didn't mention Nik and if he  knew, I'm guessing he didn't/doesn't.   I read back on what happened and Ari & Mia 'swapped' the money for a cheque, but it was the whole amount which I guess is what Chloe meant and wondered how they could afford it in one lump sum.  Chloe did say Mia had a track record for not telling her things.  Even Tane didn't know at first. 

That was a bit of a trial for Theo to have to go through, thank goodness he did save Justin's work and in no certain terms did he tell Justin to back off when he 'offered' to help. Theo's always going to have that black mark on his record despite him proving he knew what he was 'talking' about.  As he suggested Justin should just teach him the mechanics - pun intended - of the job and leave the written work to him and let him muddle through, he's proved he can do it. Wasn't Ziggy supposed to be his mentor or did that go by the wayside? 

Cash is dong himself no favours by pursuing Rose, but she is being far too uptight and anyway it's seems she already got over him.?  She told Xander she couldn't tell Jasmine what happened or rather didn't  - over the phone but the same goes for Cash, it's not something he could say on the phone, it is a face to face thing.   I don't think Rose was in the mood for listening to Cash to hear what he was trying to say. 

Do we know  who has lived in the Diner flat?  I Obviously recently, it was Mac, Logan, before them, Bella, Dean, before that Dean, Colby and Bella - they had the extra room made for her,  Colby first stayed there on his own didn't he?   Who was before him?  Sorry, just being nosey. 

It is quite casual I guess for a city boy but in a place like the bay I suppose it's the norm? It seems the real estate guy is  looking after it for the new and absent landlord. 

Marilyn is chasing Tex and he's chasing Rose. ?    Marilyn is anxious Tex isn't doing his job, but Alf wasn't on the job 24/7, he used to take time off for going out on the Blaxland, fishing, going to see Martha so what is her problem?

Nik's landed himself in hospital by treading on a sea urchin and got a spine in his foot and by coincidence 'his' nurse is Naomi.  He had left it when it happened as he was getting a swimmer to an ambulance and didn't realise what had happened until John told him. Looked like he was taking  a turn for the worse.  They haven't got a 'go to' doctor at the moment have they?

Marilyn seems to be continuing her quest to be the boss from hell, checking up on Tex all the time and giving him rather strict lists of things to do. Of course, Tex was everywhere, helping out the life savers and giving Rose a reason to live. To be fair, Cash had a fair bit to do with the last one by finally having an honest chat with her. So, no midnight flit for her, and she and Xander finally have somewhere proper to stay! Not sure if her drink with Tex is a good idea, since it seems to be partly to distract herself from Cash, but I can see the appeal of wanting something uncomplicated. Even finding out what Tex was doing didn’t get Marilyn off her high horse but I guess we’ll see whether her humble pie sticks.

In the flat before Colby was…Kat and Robbo, I think? (Huh. That’s not exactly a good omen. I guess everyone that’s lived there since is still okay…)

Nikau does the usual soap thing of dismissing something as just a scratch which turns out to be nothing of the sort. I wondered if I’d missed something with Naomi being a nurse but seems Nikau and John didn’t know either. I like John pointing out to Nikau that he could use a friend, maybe he’s thinking of himself and Irene. The lack of a regular doctor at the moment means a one-off character from last year is next in the pecking order! (And ironically, she was treating Nikau last time too…)

So Felicity and Mackenzie got a bite but Mackenzie quickly decided she wasn’t that keen on Plan A (or whatever letter she’s up to by now). Dean means well but Ziggy needs to keep him on a leash: This is one occasion when him charging in giving Mackenzie advice isn’t going to help. It seems Felicity has a cunning plan though…

Tex did pull his boot straps up the next day by doing what he should and Marilyn was impressed by  his gardening.  Rather sniffy of her that he'd gone off piste to help Nik with the swimmer without asking her!  She did a reversal bemusing Irene in the process.   A sumptuous brekkie she served him, wonder he was able to move after that.

There was Kat & Robbo. 

Naomi seemed very keen on keeping an eye on Nik, copy of Xander and his looking after young ladies in his care, even allowing for him saving Goldie it was a tad OTT.  Did she not have any other patients to look after?  She had just started at ND's as an agency nurse.  Important info Naomi was giving Nik you never know when that info she told him could come in useful, saving time if a swimmer is attacked/hurt.   I know it was only overnight but how come no-one visited him or had Tane and Chloe done their 'time?   Nice of John to come and pick him up.  He did try and poach Tex though.? Did anonymous doc recognise Nik from last time, was it after the accident? 

Mac and Felicity had more than one bite but it was Mac that decided not to take them up on it.  She gets she does need financial help but it seems 'they' wanted to take too much control for their money.  Some of Flick's ideas were a bit odd, she'd have to pay out initially wouldn't she and hope to get back what the cost was.  Brave of her suggesting Mac getting a gambling licence so she could put on poker/roulette nights.  Flick did seem to have had a ? moment which she had to go and see Cash about. 

Looks like Tane was busy nursing his own injury! I can see Mackenzie's point about not wanting to risk Felicity's money, although she probably should have explained that to her instead of abruptly shutting her down.I want to say that Felicity's a big girl and can make her own decisions...except experience suggests that's not really the case! Oh well, Mackenzie decided to accept the offer in the end.

Rose is now even more blatantly using Tex as a distraction from Cash.It seemed like Xander had softened his attitude towards Cash by the end. While Cash caused the awkwardness in the first place by keeping things from Jasmine, he'd like to just drop it and move on, while Rose is making things as difficult as possible.

Archived