2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Tori gets worse by the episode For a doctor she is incredibly dumb to not realise why Christian feels like he has to safe Rachel he has expalned it numerous times to a few people 

As for Tori treating Justin yeah that’s just going to cause him to rebel against her

The show is quite depressing these days 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Elsewhere...not sure what to think of Nikau's behaviour in general. The mentality of trying to entice followers onto social media, and posting photos of your every move for complete strangers to comment on, is something I've never really understood, but he's been told he needs to do it as part of his job. So, yeah, it might seem strange to his friends but at least there's a logic about it. And I can't blame him for bringing Allegra and Sienna back to his house when Bella and Emmett were working there. (Extremely weird that they decamped to Salt rather than her place: If they were trying to avoid Mackenzie, her business seems an odd place to go!) But I really didn't like the way Nikau expected Bella to cancel her planning meeting with Emmett to "support" him whatever that means: Stand around watching while he puts on a show for the cameras, apparently. Chloe's dismissive comment about the exhibition not being tomorrow seemed rather redundant given that Nikau's not doing a photo shoot tomorrow, it's just preparation work which is what Bella needs to do. That said, he is using it to throw some work Ryder and Chloe's way, so he's not completely self-involved. I really didn't like the way Chloe spoke to Bella though, and I wish Ryder had said something at the time rather than just standing there while Chloe was unnecessarily nasty and then questioning it later.

Liike you said..it was Nik's house. Also Bella and Emmett could have moved somewhere else, I dont recall them needing anything at the house for the meeting.  

Well it's a good sign I guess that Sienna was joking around with Nikau.  I actually prefer Nikau in scenes with Sienna and Allegra than I do with Bella.  I'm not really liking Chloe at the moment and when I saw preview I was thinking I'm going to be annoyed with her again but she was mostly right about Bella.  The only thing I disagree with is that if Bella was working on the exhibition I don't think she should have to drop it just to support Nik.  In saying that Chloe's motives were definitely driven by the nepotism displayed by Nikau re the catering.  And how Chloe can call someone 'self-centred' is beyond me.  Wasn't keen on Bella having a go at Nik about his work in general.  If anyone is insecure here it's Bella, not Nikau.

So Tori believes she's losing Christian.  Part of me wonders whether she's already lost him.  I agree both of them seemed to have valid points - Tori about Christian bonding with a woman he's only known for a few weeks and Christian about Tori's attitude towards his near death experience.  I wasn't happy that Christian used the "I'm doing this for you not me" excuse as a get out.  Thought it was quite condescending.  And the cynic in me wonders if this "circuit breaker" is a way to slowly allow Tori to get used to not being with him so he can bide his time and cancel the wedding completely.

Tori is fine as a doctor, it's her personal life that is complicated and can get messy, especially when the two collide.  How many times has she treated Justin or other family member/friends when it's goes right against any hospital protocol but at ND and others I should add it goes right out of the window.  Christian at least stopped treating Justin when they become buddies.  Christian said both he and Rachel had a similar experience of being near death, but as Tori rightly reminded him she was in a coma for three months just after Grace was born.  To be really accurate they were all different, Rachel was near death but awake the whole time whereas Tori wasn't,  but Christian actually died.  I get she doesn't get it, but she is so dismissive and can't seem to even meet him halfway.  I don't think she has any reason to be jealous of Rachel in a romantic way?.  It wasn't an   decision Christian has made lightly, he's very torn by it, but as you say Red and he himself did maybe they do need some space, at least he won't be cross examined every time he comes home.   Good thing Marilyn was there for Tori.  Those little looks Grace kept giving Christian when he was hiding behinds the door were sweet, but she didn't give him away.?

Only  a brief mention, but Justin was still at the hospital, and  had been dissauded from leaving and self medicating at home.

There is still the 'old' Nik and I say that advisedly, about, he's just so wrapped up in his image and getting enough followers he's letting it cloud his judgement at times, it must get addictive.  Of course all that 'publicity' helps his career too which helps pay his wages and natch he has to keep Sienna sweet.  It appears he can't ask advice from Allegra without Sienna sticking her neb in, she is one control freak and bully.  At least this time Sienna and Allegra were invited back to Nik's and she didn't just walk in like she owned the place.  Why shouldn't Bella and Emmett have been there, she practically lives there and Nikau knew they would be using the place.  Sienna is so up herself and was very rude and condescending about Emmett's (and Bella's) exhibition, which she said in such a sneeringly way as if it was so below her business. I so want to smack her her one. ?  It wasn't down to her to ask them to leave, but to keep the peace they did.  I still really like how supportive and encouraging Emmet is of Bella.  Yes of course she's got talent but he does have the experience. 

Bella has been very supportive to Nik since all this began, getting him through his first shoot when he nearly gave up so what's one morning, he'd be on home turf so be a lot more comfortable.  Not surprising Chloe would support him he's her 'cousin'.  Ryder has spotted a change in Nik but maybe wats to remain loyal.?  Allegra and Sienna were at Nik's for quite a while, it was getting dark by the time they left. I don't know how Nik swung it that Chloe and Ryder do the catering but yeh good for him.  It does seem to descend into a bit of a debacle from what we saw in the trailer - nice welcome home for Ari and Mia. The place is a rental and any damage the 'guests' cause will have to be paid for by them. It seems they are kicking up quite a storm and in such a quiet neighbourhood too, well according to John. And why would y-k-w be there?  

Chloe and Ryder shouldn't be that surprised about their business dropping off, it happens, their meals were a change from the usual fare,  including offers, not just at Salt but also the Diner, but people can only stuff their faces full of tacos, nachos and the like for so long before fancying something else.  This time nothing to do with Mac, just the way things go.  They could try a different location.  

I don't know if it's going to be an upcoming storyline but Martha's prospective home coming keeps being mentioned.

22 hours ago, Nephlim14 said:

Liike you said..it was Nik's house. Also Bella and Emmett could have moved somewhere else, I dont recall them needing anything at the house for the meeting.  

Like I said, and like you said I said, I don't have a problem with Nikau wanting his home back. I have a problem with him expecting Bella to abandon her work plans to attend his party.

And as we saw today, he barely spoke to her, even at the start when he was standing around on his own not knowing what to do and she was doing much the same, so I'm really not sure why he was so insistent he needed her there. Her main contribution was providing a bit of crowd control when Mackenzie turned up. At least she and Emmett managed to make a virtue of it and take some shots. That said, I wasn't entirely happy with the way Bella spoke to Allegra, even if it must be difficult to have Nikau ignoring his actual girlfriend while the cameras are on him. Is Allegra gay? It felt like she said Nikau wasn't her type and then immediately started eyeing up Mackenzie.(Of course, this show doesn't have a good track record with that sort of thing, even if it's got a bit better the last few years.)

It did actually feel as though Mackenzie was making an effort, at least on the surface: Being friendly to Dean when he got home and making polite small talk to Ari and co outside the surf club. Of course, she's apparently not up to any meaningful discussion, brushing Dean off as soon as he tried to talk about how things would work. And she's still doing it at the end of the episode.

I think Bella and Emmett chose Nik's house as it was quiet, well was until Nik, Allegra and Sienna turned up. Nik did know about it and was fine with it. 

Seemed, to me too that Nik and Bella were both keeping a distance from each other, her not wanting to interfere with his 'work' and him being under Sienna's thumb, she does keep a close eye on him.  She soon ushered him out when she saw Nik and Bella having a quiet talk later. That was a clever idea of Emmett to use the party/promo or whatever it was to take photos for the exhibition. 

Great minds Red about Allegra though she could have meant Nik isn't her type as she prefers her men tall, blond and blue eyed rather than no man is her type.?  At least Nik cosying up to Allegra and the other young ladies was in sight of Bella and were for photos.  Of course snidey Sienna had to keep having digs at Emmett, she really hates being crossed or people doing their own thing.  Where did all these people come from, were they all 'followers' of Nik's page, carefully chosen by Sienna, couldn't have anyone who isn't  a beautiful person there could we? 

Strange goings on with people buying food from the truck but not eating it, they were paying for it, or perhaps they were being paid to pay for it, so Ryder and Chloe weren't losing moneywise, but wasn't the idea for the food to get good write ups to boost the business?  That isn't going happen if no-one is actually trying it.  

John can't have been at home otherwise he would have been over complaining about the noise disturbing the neighbourhood, you know the one, the cul-de-sac where no-one seems to live. 

Ari and Mia seemed to have had a good time but nearly tmi from him.  His teasing of Tane about enjoying working at the gym was nice to see.  Spotted the  little remark from Tane about Salt being Mac free so they could go there for a coffee.  Was a close call though as they came out just as she turned up.  

I saw that whole Mac running into Ziggy, Tane, Ari and Mia thing as Ziggy saw it rather awkward and strained.  Although glad to see Dean again, she still got uptight when he mentioned he was OK with her bringing blokes back just that he didn't want Jai running across randoms  which is why he went to Amber's, though Jai would have like to come to his dads.  It is, as I have mentioned before, Dean's flat, does she contribute at all?

Ari and Mia took it pretty well  that their home had been invaded when all they probably wanted to was crash after their trip. 

Not really Tane's fault Mac turned up at Nik's, she just happened to be earwigging when Tane was telling Ziggy about it. 

That was a nice dress she was nearly wearing, she has got a good figure and legs that go on forever.  I did feel for  Emmett, Mac made a beeline straight for him and wouldn't leave him alone, leaving him no option but to leave. She had had a lot to drink by the way she was weaving about and I was half expecting her to go toppling into the pool.  Ari did a good job by man handling her out of the party.   Totally agreed with Dean Mac was doing a perfectly good job of embarrassing herself all on her own.  He's still determined not to give up on her though. 

Could we be seeing Tane takin up a new career as a trainer, a proper one once he's done the training?  Actual studying and reading books not being his thing, he's a more hands on type. 

Mackenzie was cringeworthy in that episode.  From the awkward meeting where she tried to be pleasant to Ari/Mia/Ziggy etc to how she got drunk at the party.  I will say though I did kind of like the part when Mia tried to get her inside to talk and and Mackenzie said absolutely not.  I do accept this obviously can't go on for much longer.

Sienna seems to be keeping close tabs on Nik to keep him reigned in.  Given that she overheard Bella's conversation with Nikau where Bella said he was fake, she's going to have to deal with Bella at some point as inevitably, Bella will be quite problematic.

I don't really understand Allegra's reaction to seeing Mackenzie at the party.  When she and Emmett were first at Salt and Mackenzie served them just as Mackenzie was trying to hit on him, Allegra was fairly indifferent to her.  Although now Emmett appears to see Mackenzie as a mild nuisance and is probably thinking he dodged a bullet.

Not sure Ziggy should be having a drink with Dean given that he's told her he's still in love with her and she hasn't told Tane about it.

Pretty much more of the same from Justin, with him still in deep denial about the fact he has a problem other than his pain.Given the way he was unhappy about Alf knowing things, it was very risky for Leah to confide in Ziggy. I seem to remember the two of them were trying to keep an eye on Justin together at one point, but that just kind of got dropped and Ziggy suddenly seemed very clueless, even forgetting Justin promised her a good reference.But while Justin wasn't exactly gracious, he kept his cool, Ziggy's got her job back and he's got someone to run the garage again. Of course, then he loses it with Leah, who is once again left to handle everything on her own because Tori's used up her episodes.

It feels like there have been several times over the last few weeks when Mackenzie's looked like she might turn a corner only to plunge straight back in. I'm surprised Ziggy made an effort with her. Still, maybe this one will actually stick: Her regrets over the video and conversation with Dean seemed genuine. Except then there's a disappearing act to worry about...

I'd almost forgotten John and Stephen were in the episode.They just seem to be having the same conversation with Stephen losing his cool more and more.

Archived