2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Justin seemed to manage to restore his calm facade quickly, if not particularly convincingly.To be honest, it's hard to see what use Ziggy telling Leah that Justin broke a mug and asked her not to tell anyone would do: She doesn't know anything about his drug-taking and Justin's shown he can fob Leah off easily.

I loved seeing Jasmine happy again, she was filled with a real joie de vivre throughout the episode, with even Tori's less-than-ecstatic reaction to her news not bringing her down too much.

People contain to tell Alf to slow it down, he continues to not listen.This one could run.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Ziggy explained to Tane, she's seen Justin in all sorts of moods, but nothing like this and that is why she was worried, especially him asking her not to tell Leah. He 'said' it was because of Susie which I think is why she told Leah.  At least, if nothing else, it tore Leah away from her checking  out P.I.'s with John long enough  to go and check on him. I don't know if I'm disappointed or not that John  has been sucked back in again.  How do you pick the right P.I.?  Justin was soon pill popping when her back was turned. 

Apart from being irritated with the  slo-mo when Jasmine was running along the beach, it was great news for her.  Was Tori right to get narked when she heard Jasmine would be leaving ED for ITU?  Of course  as Head of ED as head of ED she would have been told they'd need to be looking for a new nurse. Jasmine was under no obligation to tell her of her plans, but they are friends so maybe a heads up would have been nice and no T, Jasmine didn't need you to write a reference for her.  Christian did well being the voice of reason and Tori did come round.  She could get back to concentrating on Christian and his trousers. 

Red, have you met Alf?? When have you known him to take advice when it's about his health?  I did find it funny with the thought of Roo unblocking the loo and putting  a brave face on it.  Well she offered - so go do it girl!

Looks like it all kicks off next week with the set up of Chloe and Ryder's food truck!  Taco's at dawn????

Sienna definitely had a valid point re Emmett enjoying the perks of being a photographer.  I do have to admit, I am quite enjoying her manipulation.  Can't really blame Nikau for going along with everything now (I loved the part when Bella looked out of turn for Nikau going back on what they agreed but then she understood when she saw how much money he got).  I wonder how much commission Sienna got out of that.  I thought Alf was very good with Nikau when he quit given how Nikau's stuffed him around.

I think it was out of character the way Ziggy shouted at Mia and how she was reacting about Dean given how she kept her composure with Amber.  I do think it's a slight concern about any residual feelings.  I did find it slightly uncomfortable the way Justin was treating her throughout Thursday's episode and it's not a nice environment to be in at work.  I wasn't sure about bribing Ziggy to keep quiet, but I really wasn't sure about Ziggy speaking to Leah behind Justin's back either.

Doesn't feel right Mia wanting to go out of her way to 'know' Dean, especially given the sensitivity regarding Mackenzie.  Similarly I don't like the way most of the characters think the sun shines out of her ar*e and she's automatically the go-to point for people with issues.

Quite enjoyed the scene with Jasmine running on the beach.  You've got to love the way when Jasmine got a promotion, Tori made it all about her.  Although given how annoying Tori's been as of late, it was good to see her out of shape although not as good as Christian telling Tori and Jasmine how it was re their relationship.

Looks as though John wants to believe there's a small part of Susie that was genuine about him.

Alf's episode count this block:Five!

Well, I found that one quite fun in many ways. My inclination is still to be Team Mackenzie, even if that's just my rebellion against the fact that no-one else seems to be. I do hope Ryder and Chloe succeed, but setting up shop outside the surf club seemed like a red rag to a bull and they probably would be better staying at the caravan park, or at least moving a few yards off surf club property. I seem to remember back in the day Bonza Burger had an exclusive contract to sell food at the surf club, and Adam complaining to Alf about Sally and Vinnie giving food away outside: Did Mackenzie not get a good enough contract? Alf seemed to be in full-on town sheriff "I am the law" mode, so I was rather glad Mackenzie answered him back. Alf all-but-states he owns the caravan park, possibly the closest we've got to confirmation that he's not still just managing it for Sally.

Things not so much fun in the other storyline, as everyone remains blind to what the real problem is with Justin.And indeed Christian.I did kind of enjoy the repartee between Tori and Jasmine though.

I have caught up now

While Nik and Bellas story is way unrealistic and probably wouldn’t happen it’s kinda of favourite story of the show I can see where it is heading though

Justin drug storyI find whislt better written than Brodys I find it quite strange they would give the member of same family the same story quite lazy really I did find his and Ziggys scenes at the garage good but I don’t really enjoy that story though Ziggy these days she’s quite annoying and boring annoying when it comes to Dean and Mac boring when it comes to Tane 

Leah hunting for Susie is good 

I was with Mac up to the point where she started bullying Ryder that’s going quite far 

Christain I can understand now after yesterday five star episode before that though I think he has been acting reckless 

im not at all bothered about wheather he gets married to Tori though

Did we all fast forward?  The last time we saw it, last week,  the van was a rust bucket, no equipment, nothing, zilch.  Now it's all done up, fitted out and up and running and Ryder and Chloe have become cooks.  I'm guessing R&C got the OK from someone to use the Surf Club carpark to sell their wares.  Mac doesn't really have an argument, it is a public space, belongs to the Surf Club not her so she can't order them off.  Has she not heard of healthy competition and serves her right anyway for sneering at Ryder when he told her he and Chloe were setting up a business.  She came out all guns blazing, then it started getting personal Alf reminding her Ryder practically run the place in her absence(s) then her but suggesting Ryder was allowed to do business where he had because he was Alf's grandson was below the belt. I did like the fact Ryder decided to back off as he didn't want Alf to get any more flak from her.  Alf is President again, but has the committee been informed?  Solved the problem briefly by going to the caravan park, but as Chloe said it is a truck -  so ergo mobile - not very mobile if it's stuck  there.  

Couple of good lines from John.  First being to Mac and was she sure she still had a business seeing as she was there one day, gone for three or more. The best one though, John asking Chloe and Ryder if they knew what cucaracha was in English.?  Just because it was the truck's music it didn't follow it was a good idea to name the truck after it.  At least Emma in Corrie knew burrito meant donkey in Spanish.   

Although she wasn't chuffed to find Dean had done a flit, which probably didn't help her mood, she found something - or rather someone - to take her mind off it later.  I am really not being sexist but being a woman she is taking great risks by picking up randoms, she has been lucky so far and they've been happy to being bundled out the door the next morning, but it only takes one who won't be. 

I did say it wouldn't work with Justin biting his tongue over the Susie thing and he did finally blow up at Leah, though of course that wasn't the only reason but did contribute to it all.  He was nearly honest with Christian who got it right about the pain Justin must be in and a lovely offer to fly him and Leah up to Victoria to spare his back when driving or just being a passenger in a long car journey.  Tori had been so caught up in her wedding plans she hadn't spotted anything but now she knows and is playing the sister card.  Justin did his best to get Christian to write him a temporary scrip but he was wise to him and just ignored it.  All the time they were sitting in Salt and it was getting darker and darker I was 'screaming' Christian suit, Christian suit!" He was a brave man returning home without it. 

Christian was back in breaking the land speed  record on his way to get his suit, but then stops to go to a sky diving club on a sudden whim?

My biggest complaint was Roo going all woke! ?? Suggesting Chloe and Ryder take off their sombreros as it could be seen as cultural appropriation, by who exactly? They weren't taking the mickey or insulting anyone, it wouldn't occur to them, they were cooking Mexican food so it obviously seemed logical to wear sombreros and ponchos.  If someone wanted to take it further it could be argued as they aren't Mexican they shouldn't be cooking/serving Mexican food. 

I assume we're meant to be on Ryder and Chloe's side but I'm not really. You could argue Mackenzie started this by sacking Chloe (although you could also argue Chloe started this by trying to break up Mackenzie and Ari), but since then all the escalation has come from the other side.There didn't seem to be any reason for them to park outside the surf club other than to rub Mackenzie's face in it: They could have stayed at the caravan park, or set up further along the coast. Them being there still feels dodgy: It's private ground, they don't seem to have asked anyone's permission (neither Alf nor John knew anything about it until they saw them there), and yesterday they even seemed to be parked in that emergency vehicle access path that Mackenzie kept getting tickets for obstructing when she first turned up.When Mackenzie started rooting in the office, I thought she was looking for a contract to prove they were in the wrong but hey, the loudhailer worked. Ryder and Chloe started trying to outdo her with special offers only for her to beat them at their own game, so now Chloe's resorted to outright sabotage and I'm reminded of why I didn't really like her when she first turned up.

Justin is losing it more and more, with his random outburst at Tori, and also getting good at covering it, with a misrepresentation of Christian's words to see Leah, who somehow gets him the prescription he wants despite him seemingly having burned through every doctor in the area. I was amused by Jasmine's little conspiratorial touches to Grace, although I think the repeat of the slo-mo when she turned up at the hospital grinning was unnecessary, if probably there to underline the change of mood when Rachel turned up.That's a pretty high risk situation Christian's found himself in. I'm not quite sure what happened to Rachel: Did she land in the wrong way, or in the wrong place? The arrival of Marny Kennedy as Rachel seemed to get a lot of publicity (as I said in the spoiler section, I remember mostly as the mean girl in the third series of The Saddle Club!), and yet until I saw the cast list, I didn't realise that the guy who reported her accident was played by Evan Evagoria, seen last year in a regular role as a Romulan warrior monk in Star Trek: Picard!

3 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

(2 eps behind due to Euros, H&A has kinda taken a backseat)

Yeah, it's been difficult juggling H & A and the Euros with work, gym, French Open previously and now Wimbledon.  It's calmed down now and will be like that till the end.

I did find this whole Mackenzie vs Ryder/Chloe thing amusing at first but now it's just childish.  I do think Mackenzie was right when she said it was personal but it's on both sides.  Ryder started this initially to make a point to Mackenzie that he didn't need her job.  And it's also personal on their part as they had quite a viable alternative to try (at least initially) i.e. serving customers at the Caravan Park.  They went back to the beach and right outside her restaurant purely to spite Mac.  They were given a lot of money so they should be making sensible decisions.  On the other hand Mackenzie is prepared to lose profits just to spite them in retaliation.  We're now in the situation that neither party wants to back down because....they've lost.  I did think what Chloe did near the end (making everyone think there was a rodent problem) was really low in addition to everything.

Objectively, Justin was out of order the way he spoke to Tori but personally, I thought the "Not everything is about you" scene was sublime.

I quite liked that lady that injured herself parachuting.  She and Christian immediately seemed to hit it off.  I think it's obvious at this point that Christian isn't really into getting married.  I quite like the scenes he has with Jasmine.  Far better than the ones he has with Tori.

Let's not go down the so and so started it route, that would go round and round for ever.  Going down that path it could be argued if Chloe had never come to the bay none of what has happened would have happened and we would be having a completely different storyline. 

The Surf Club car park does have more passing trade  than the caravan park so Chloe and Ryder must have done their homework there, they can still move about if they want, caravan park one day, Surf Club the next up/ down the coast the next.  Are they still giving food away for free or it is buy one, get one free? Is the car park on  private land or does the council own it, it's never been something that's come up before, at least I don't think it has?? Slap my own wrist if it has. 

Whoever's side we are on you have to admire their enthusiasm. 

Good to see Dean is back, he mentioned he'd fallen over random guy's shoes.?  He's found himself right in the middle of food wars though but I did chuckle when Mac emptied the jug of water over his head when she saw him scoffing one of Chloe and Ryder's tacos.?  Mac can afford to make the offer she did, but it can't on for ever  as no-one wins.   Mac rightly stopped them putting fliers up in Salt but she couldn't stop them putting them up in the juice bar if they had John or Alf's OK.  Although it was downright nasty what Chloe did, it was a spur of the moment thing, but does backfire.??

Even allowing for Justin's state of mind, having Tori and Leah banging on in the background about where the heck was Christian  would have made any sane man say 'enough'!    Yes, Christian could have had an accident, but how could Justin and Leah help? Definitely a couple of porkies there that he told Leah, Christian said nothing remotely about Justin's tumour being back, just that he'd have another look when they got back.   Could the scrip Leah managed to get filled be the official one, not one of the secret ones Justin has?   Nice little side touches with Jasmine and Grace. 

The slo-mo again and again WHY??  It grates just as much as the ff when they use it. Well her induction day turned out somewhat different to what she expected. 

It was very fortuitous,   that Christian just happened to be at that airfield when Rachel had her accident.  It appeared she landed wrong, though that may be mentioned again.  The guys there would have first aid knowledge but know nothing about the kind of injury she had and done  completely the wrong thing.  Her injury is very rare, he does seem to believe he 'was meant to be there and is meant to see her treatment through as he is meant to save her.' Guessing the wedding is off then? 

Sorry her name doesn't  mean anything to to me. 

Archived