2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

20 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Whilst Mackenzie calling the police was a bit extreme, I can see why she felt backed into a corner. I wasn't entirely on board with Ziggy having a go, and Mackenzie had a point about Ziggy fighting Dean's battles for him, but Ziggy did make some valid points, and it seemed to result in Mackenzie and Dean having an honest chat, so not all bad news.

On 28/07/2021 at 11:24, H&Alover said:

I thought Mac was very ungrateful towards Ryder, downright rude in fact.  Would she rather have come back to having the place devoid of staff and no customers? It was Dean's idea and as he said you don't say no to Dean.  I don't personally think she hooked up with anyone the night before but would it kill her just to tell Dean where she had been? It'd stop him nagging her which is what she wants.  

I did chuckle at the three "WHAT"s from Bella, Dean and Ryder.?  She does need the business, though I hope it isn't some sort of ploy to get her hooks back into Emmett.  Who, talking about hooks, is going to be the first lady - or gent even -  to take an interest in Cash and start flirting with him??  Mac was all business yesterday with him though it was overkill calling him in to remove Dean. He's going to wondering just what kind of place he's been assigned to. 

On 28/07/2021 at 10:28, Slade said:

Dean was getting on my nerves the way he kept hanging around Salt.  Not sure I personally would have called the cops on him though.

6 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Ziggy really let Mac have it with both barrels, Mac had a point that Dean and her aren't a couple anymore but Dean is still her friend and she cares about him and doesn't like see him so upset. She did get through to her though as Mac later apologised to Dean and explained calmly why she needs to be on her own for now, staying at a local hotel apparently, and she'll be staying there so he can stop worrying as she is getting there. 

I still get ticked off about what Mac did. There was NO excuse for what Mac did to Dean and he should have been a LOT more angrier with her. Not only cuz this is the SECOND time someone he calls family threw him to the wolves, but there was aso the very real possibility that if Cash had actually booked Dean, he would have dealt with legal ramifications that could have cost him everything, including his access to Jai.

THIS is what Mac nearly did to him, all because she was annoyed with him not letting her out of his sight after she took off and left him to think the worst had happened to her, something she's had no problem bashing him for in the past.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am loving Home and Away at the minute. It's brilliant and while she isn't everyone's cup of tea, I feel that Tori is playing a blinder. I love how she rowed in behind Leah against Justin and made sure Justin stayed the night in the cell. Hopefully the viewing figures are looking good. 

Christian and his new outlook on life is fascinating as well. I am looking forward to seeing how it plays out with Rachel and Tori. I hope he will be in the show for a good while yet to really tease this out. 

Loving Sienna too..for more reasons than one :D

Edit: I was reading up about the gorgeous Emily Weir and IRL she had alcohol problems so this current storyline must be bringing back bad memories for her but it's why she is playing it so well IMO. 

I know Justin's thought processes aren't the clearest at the moment, but may he be closer to the mark about Stephen than he first appeared? It doesn't feel like a coincidence that Stephen's twice noted that he doesn't understand why Leah's with Justin.Leah's finally reached the end of her tether, but I wasn't entirely sold on Tori's actions.She just seemed to make the decision on the spot when she'd been trying to talk Leah into staying moments before.Maybe she suddenly realised that she and Grace (and Buddy!) would be left alone with Justin.

Wow, is the show seriously under-budget or something? Apparently they can't afford any doctors to talk to Ari and Mia, so they're left wandering around repeating things the doctors told them. Chloe appears in one scene near the end and isn't credited, so I'm guessing that was meant to be in the next episode.

It’s really going to annoy me if Stephen turns out to be chasing Leah (or to have killed Susie) and Justin gets to play the “ I told you so” card. He’s never been a favourite character of mine anyway but right now I can barely watch his scenes. Surely they should be doing more to get him into re-hab? 

It doesn't work like that Little bean - a person has to first admit they have a problem and then that they need help, they can't be forced into it. We've seen it plenty of times and Justin had been there with Brody.  Who we got a mention of, albeit  a brief one, when Tori said his name when she was talking to him on the phone.   

Although Stephen was coming across as really creepy about Leah, asking why she is with Justin, he, as a few of the locals have pointed out, doesn't know the real Justin.  He can be hot headed but mostly was a good, decent, loving, hard working guy. Susie duping him (and Leah) took the stuffing out of him. Plus his getting addicted to pain killers hasn't helped his mood at all.  I have noted that only a select few know about his addiction  - not even Ari - but Stephen was certainly fishing for all he was worth with Ziggy to get info as to why Justin was so aggressive, and why everyone keeps sticking up for him, but kept coming up with an empty hook.  

According to Justin Leah was 'dragging' Tori into it and turning her against him, eh no bro you're doing a perfectly good job of doing that yourself.  Plus she does live in the same house so has noticed things weren't at all right.  Plus he is still in the denial phase.  I've probably said this before - so sorry to repeat it -? but he doesn't equate his taking prescribed pain killers with Brody's using hard drugs because they are totally different situations.  

I had the same thought Red, we must stop doing that, people will talk,?.  It did seem like a sudden change of plan on Tori's side, but made a lot more sense that is should be Justin that left rather than Leah.  I saw it as she had been for Leah leaving,  then suddenly realised what it would that she, Grace and - Buddy good mention - like it? would be alone with him.  Not for a moment do I think he'd hurt Grace, but the rows aren't helping and although she's only young, she would have picked up on the atmosphere which isn't healthy. Funny comment when he left - is it still his house(?) and  he got it wrong Tori didn't kick Christian out - it was his decision to leave.  Will Justin rock up at the caravan park or the motel? I was  wondering about his meds and how will they be controlled but Tori had organised that, he'll have to call into the Hospital Pharmacy, try talking them round into giving you them early. 

Hehe about the docs or lack of, all they could afford was a phone call from one and  a silent one at that. I don't think it sounded that good, wouldn't Ari and Mia seen the ultrasound themselves?  I'm not totally sure how old Mia is, late 30's maybe,  is but is there  the possibility the baby could have Downs? 

I must have missed hearing the fact that Tane is going to Tafe, guessing it's to do with the gym. I do remember Ari teasing him about something but didn't hear what.

6 hours ago, Little bean said:

It’s really going to annoy me if Stephen turns out to be chasing Leah (or to have killed Susie) and Justin gets to play the “ I told you so” card.

There's also the fact that they are talking about what a guy Stephen is, which in addition to everything else does wonder whether they are setting him up to be the bad guy after all.  If that is going to be the case, I would rather they had just got Justin to bash someone else.

So Justin thinks a poxy Coffee will square things after putting Stephen in hospital.  I haven't been happy with how this has progressed but I'm glad at least Leah and Stephen are recognising Justin's apology is meaningless because he doesn't actually think he was in the wrong.

I'm not sure how far things would have gone with Stephen when Justin fronted up to 'apologise' if Ziggy hadn't stepped in but I agreed with Stephen that Ziggy was making excuses for him.  Even during the attempted apology, Justin just couldn't grasp why Stephen doesn't want to be anywhere near him (I have to admit though I did quite enjoy it when Tori was trying to reason with Justin and he blamed her failing relationship with Christian as her main motivation for getting involved).  He's becoming increasingly paranoid and aggressive.

Well, it looks like the end of Lustin for now.  Tori presumably can't be ar*ed dealing with him atm which is understandable although the cynic in me wonders if the remark Justin made about her relationship was another reason.  Not sure if she asked him to move out for Leah as well or she was just saying that.

I thought Ziggy was right when she gave Mackenzie a serve re the way she was acting towards Dean but I also think Mackenzie was correct re Ziggy fighting Dean's corner.

Oh and let's not forget, this week's instalment of the Ari and Mia show.

On 29/07/2021 at 21:31, Nephlim14 said:

there was aso the very real possibility that if Cash had actually booked Dean, he would have dealt with legal ramifications that could have cost him everything, including his access to Jai.

I would like to think that if it had gone than far then Mackenzie would have withdrawn the complaint.

A lot going on in that episode, to the point that Kieran's return, which you'd think would be a major development, was virtually a footnote. It's hard to know which way to swing with this one. I can understand Roo wanting to think the best of him, although it's a rather abrupt switch after she was very anti-him at the end of his last stint. There's value in giving people second chances, but they gave him a chance before and it all went wrong.

I think that was the first we heard of Tane going to TAFE, but I guess it solves the question of how he's running the gym with no qualifications. I get that Jasmine is Tori's friend but I wasn't entirely keen on her giving Christian and Rachel the cold shoulder, although fair play to her, she kept it civil.

Loving the team-up of Ryder and Bella again, and also Jasmine and Tori's reactions to being invited to the show, and the interplay between Bella and Emmett... So, we never got a direct follow-up to Nikau's ultimatum to Sienna, but presumably she agreed to sign the release forms given the exhibition's going ahead. Of course, Nikau hasn't told Bella about his side of the deal. It seems extremely over the top for Sienna to decide to break Bella and Nikau up just because Bella might object to Nikau going to Japan, and also someone self-defeating to a)say Bella can't visit Nikau there and b)run the risk of Nikau finding out what she's up to, both of which seem likely to make him not want to go.But maybe this is how a sociopathic control freak's mind works.(Allegra should probably have pointed it out though rather than going into just-obeying-orders mode.)I know Emmett told her to put it away, but would Bella really leave her phone lying around? It's usually physically impossible to prise those things out of a teenager's grasp.

I didn’t think much really happened this week none of the stories moved forwards much maybe Mac has taken a step forward but that’s about it oh and Mia should get to have her baby this time seeing as she’s already lost one

Well I say that but I have watched the five star episode and ending there was good

15 hours ago, Little bean said:

It’s really going to annoy me if Stephen turns out to be chasing Leah (or to have killed Susie) and Justin gets to play the “ I told you so” card. He’s never been a favourite character of mine anyway but right now I can barely watch his scenes. Surely they should be doing more to get him into re-hab? 

It’s pretty obvious it is Stephen his trying to set Justin up for the murder I’m bit confused though because Susie must have been killed around the time  Justin punched Stephen so then Stephen could say Justin attacked him but really it was Susie who gave him that beating But Cash said Susie was in the water while John was getting those texts from Stephen the timeline is abit wacky

So Kieran is back! I really enjoyed his first stint in the bay and all the drama he brought the stewarts. First glances look like he's going to use Roo as a shoehorn back into the family. Alf will be inevitably harder to crack when he and Martha return. 

On 29/07/2021 at 21:45, amygeorgia said:

I am loving Home and Away at the minute. It's brilliant and while she isn't everyone's cup of tea, I feel that Tori is playing a blinder. I love how she rowed in behind Leah against Justin and made sure Justin stayed the night in the cell. Hopefully the viewing figures are looking good. 

Christian and his new outlook on life is fascinating as well. I am looking forward to seeing how it plays out with Rachel and Tori. I hope he will be in the show for a good while yet to really tease this out. 

Loving Sienna too..for more reasons than one :D

Edit: I was reading up about the gorgeous Emily Weir and IRL she had alcohol problems so this current storyline must be bringing back bad memories for her but it's why she is playing it so well IMO. 

I have some friends who are casual viewers normally and they've been unable to look away, not missing an episode and not able to wait for the next one. The show is and has been on top of its game a while now IMO. It helps that the characters seem to be sticking around longer now.

I thought Irene handled Cash with a lot of sass during her interview!!!! As she said, he had done his homework and dug up the Tommy saga, but there's a lot more he could've dug up! Including being in the line for other murders!! Her abuse, alcoholism....the list goes on. It's of course not pleasant for irene to be reminded and have all this dragged up but it would be good to see a bit of story there. No matter what Irene does or becomes she will never be able to shake off these things in her life, and she shouldn't! They brought her to where she is today.... A suspect in another murder ?

I'm very interested to find out what actually happened to Susie, how did she get on the water? What was she doing back in the area? How long was she here for? I do hope it gets explained properly

Archived