2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Surprised Justin didn't turn Green, and Gorilla press Christian through that window!

Now I feel like slapping Chloe. Again. And Again. That aside, The Truck take away the "Get Mac's Back Up" factor. I love the idea of an alternative place to grab a bite out of the Diner, Surf Club or Salt.

Alf's not looking too Clever....

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Surprised Justin didn't turn Green, and Gorilla press Christian through that window!

Now I feel like slapping Chloe. Again. And Again. That aside, The Truck take away the "Get Mac's Back Up" factor. I love the idea of an alternative place to grab a bite out of the Diner, Surf Club or Salt.

Alf's not looking too Clever....

Alf is looking Crook isn't he! He definitely needs a hand in that bait shop of his! 

Justin should've absolutely drop kicked Christian, I know I would've if he was being like that with my sister and their impending wedding. Justin is only responding in such a strong way though due to his own self absorption and his addiction is getting the better of him. He needs to get that under control and thanks to Leah's discovery I feel like that MIGHT happen now maybe???? Or is it wishful thinking? Not sure Justin can admit his issues just yet

Ryder at least has the decency to feel things have gone too far, whereas Chloe's attitude didn't make her particularly likable.And I was glad that Alf disapproved after he had seemed to be leaning a bit too far towards Ryder on Monday.The solution, with Ryder and Chloe handing over their takings for Mackenzie's bill, was a decent one: In effect, they both lost an afternoon's trade.Hopefully that's the end of the oneupmanship. (They've had their episodes this block, so there'll be a break at least!)

Tori kind of made things worse by going into denial and insisting they were leaving first thing in the morning, so it was a bigger shock for Leah and Justin that it would have been otherwise.I can sympathise with her, but while Christian's not exactly being rational, he is at least sticking around for a fairly good reason, because he's got a patient in a serious condition.Tori made a comment suggesting something went wrong with Rachel's parachute, although presumably it worked a bit or you'd expect her to be in a worse condition than that.Justin's latest temper tantrum may have had as much to do with frustration at his carefully laid plans being overturned as concern for Tori.And Leah is finally on the right track, but it's frustrating that this happens right after Tori's used up her episode quota, so it'll be next week at least before we see any reaction from her.

My thoughts exactly Red about Justin's (over)reaction to Christian's suggesting cancelling the wedding.  Part was down to Tori being hurt but the main part was all that plotting to get extra painkillers that was all for nought.  Although we - or I couldn't at least - read all that guff about what meds someone could take on a plane, it spooked Justin enough to suggest driving up after all.  Quite rightly meds have to be in their original package and from a legit source but they are strict in Aus aren't they and that was an internal flight.  How many more drugs did Justin need or thought he needed, they were only going for  a few days?  It all become academic anyway when Leah found his - for want of a better word - stash.  No secret as it was in the trailer but Justin's actions were typically an addicts response to being accused of having a problem. 

We probably won't find out for a while but is Justin in real pain or is his mind tricking him into thinking he is? 

Good to hear Buddy is still around, who was going to be looking after him while they were away? 

I caught the comment about the chute, maybe the cords got tangled, or the chute failed or tore (?), Rachel either had some control before she hit the ground or was very lucky.  I know it wasn't  real but that fitting of the halo brace was a bit gruesome, very intricate, it needed a very steady hand.  I guess Ditch had some advice on how to do it right. I shudder to think what could have happened if she'd ? at the wrong moment.    

Good to see Ryder isn't completely under Chloe's spell and reined her in and made the offer to pay for the inspection.  It could be argued it all started with Mac being petty and firing Chloe just because she was Ari's step daughter when her work was fine, but as we've been there I'll say no more.  Now both parties need to get a grip and grow up. I was surprised the Juice Bar didn't have to be inspected, after all the 'rat' didn't shimmy up the drainpipe did it?    

Very sweet that  father and daughter scene with Alf and Roo fixing the nets, that has to be a dying art.  He did look a bit unsteady when he stood up but at least he wasn't too stubborn to have a sit down.  

Ooh, I've read something interesting.????

Putting aside the 'what-if', you don't get to tell people what they can and can't post here.

Whilst Ryder started it, he's by far the better person in all of this.  I was actually pretty disgusted with Chloe.  Not only was she not prepared to come clean.  She's not even the least bit sorry.  I still think she's a bad influence on Ryder as I'm not sure he would have told Mackenzie the truth if Alf hadn't had a word with him whereas if he wasn't dating Chloe then it may have been different.  Coughing up cash for the inspection was a start but as Mackenzie seemed to let go, they should reimburse the potentially lost takings for Mac having to close for the afternoon.

It must be difficult for Rachel to have that procedure fully aware of what was going on.  Given that currently she hasn't mentioned a next of kin, I wonder if that will allow further bonding with Christian.  I did feel a bit sorry for Tori.  I kinda felt like Christian doesn't want to go through with the marriage as he feels he now has a greater purpose and doesn't want to settle down.  If that's the case he should just be honest with Tori and tell her he doesn't want to get married any more rather than postponing it and potentially stringing her along.  Tori was so focused on the fact Christian doesn't want to get married, there was virtually no reaction to Justin completely losing it.  Even Leah was quite scared.

Justin's mix of feeble excuses and defensive outbursts seems to have failed him at last. Leah's got a handle on what's going on but hasn't really told anyone apart from Irene, who knows a thing or two about addiction.He made the big grand gesture to "prove" he wasn't addicted but the real proof is how long it will take for him to go looking for some more.And the answer is not very long at all.That said, I didn't think Ziggy was quite as hard done by as the episode implied because, seriously, how long a break was she taking, if she had time to go back to the farm, have afternoon delight with Tane, come back to town and then go to the gym? Not exactly a quick lunch! Of course, now Justin's seemingly got to run the garage himself, which is going to be a bit of a challenge in his current state.

In other news...well, there's not a lot of other news.John and Leah have hired a PI on Stephen's recommendation, and Tane's started working for Alf.

21 hours ago, Slade said:

Putting aside the 'what-if', you don't get to tell people what they can and can't post here.

Do you mean me?  I  wouldn't tell anyone what they could or couldn't post?  It was a suggestion as we have been there before.

That was one hell of a melt down for Justin complete with denial, though I guess he isn't prepared to admit it to himself yet and the 'grand gesture', but it didn't stop him scrabbling about in the u-bend later trying to retrieve the soggy tablets.  Fine time for Christian and Tori to go ''missing', though I don't know of how much use Christian would be seeing as he is so occupied with Rachel. 

Leah, like I had, questioned how many tabs did Justin need considering they were only going to be away for a few days, as you suggested Red is he now triple dosing? She also called it a stash!?   Now he is going down a dodgy route looking on line for suppliers, God knows what could be in the tablets they are touting. Did smile at one - saying they had been in business for 80 years - not online they hadn't. ?  Won't be cheap either despite their 'special offers'.   

Fair enough comment about Ziggy and her extended lunch break - taking advantage of Justin being away(?) which he wasn't so she got caught out.  She did try to explain she had diverted the garage phone so she could respond to any calls. Though how many times in the  past has the garage seemed to have  been shut for days or weeks on end.  Yep good luck with Justin running the the place on his own, he's got non existent concentration at the moment and could  end up making a mistake on a repair or worse doing himself serious damage in an accident. 

Typical Alf, denying anything is wrong with him. ?  Good on you Tane offering Alf a helping hand, no reflection on Alf or his age, but Tane is younger and a lot stronger, it does give him something to do to pass the day and makes him feel he's being of use.  Now anything he could do at the caravan park? 

Now is it  a coincidence that just as Leah, Stephen and John find a 'cheap' P.I. Susie phones John? ?  I think it was suggested on here that maybe Stephen wasn't the innocent victim  he was coming across as, but it may have been the Aus thread.   Typical John at not only choosing the cheapest guy but still beating him down in price.

Bit of a one in, one out with the way Tane's got a job just as Ziggy's lost one.Or maybe two jobs! He didn't look all that keen to me when Mia offered him the job at the gym.I wonder if he's feeling awkward about letting Alf down when he's only just started there.

Bella is seeming more and more disenchanted with the modelling life at the same time that Nikau seems to be fully embracing it.That said, Emmett still seems like a much better guide for Bella than Sienna and Allegra do for Nikau.I'm not sure I'd really know what to do with an appetite suppressant, I tend to eat my meals on schedule whether I'm hungry or not...

There was a fair bit of speculation at Oz pace about Stephen secretly working for Susie.Some of his actions seem a bit suspicious, notably convincing John not to call the police about Susie's message, but it doesn't quite fit for me.

I'd forgotten all about Tane applying for the managers job at the gym as it appears so did he.  He would be restricted in what he could do now as he isn't qualified.  Tane did warn Alf it would only be temporary, but one day is very temporary!  Could he fit it in around his shifts?  I didn't think he looked that keen either, he was kind of 'bullied' into it.  On that thought, they don't appear have a cleaner in the gym - that post-it-note has to have been there a couple of weeks at the least.? 

Was Ziggy taking an extended break really a valid enough  reason for Justin to sack her on the spot? I understood her getting miffed, to put it mildly, at the suggestion she be in reception instead of working as a mechanic, but no need to get sniffy at making tea, she does it for Justin and he does it for her, not a woman only 'job' anymore. 

I like how Emmett is still supportive of Bella who needs to have more faith in herself, yes she only got the gig because Nik made that a condition of the agency taking him on, but I've said before she would have soon been sussed out by Emmett if she was rubbish. Besides wasn't it her photo of Nikau that brought him to their attention? In that re-run of the argument between Emmett and Sienna she didn't rank his talent very highly, just snapping away being the gist of it.

Absolutely no way does Nik need to start on the appetite suppressants, he is the right weight for his height, not perfect - no-one - is, he looks like he should, the guy next door.  He keeps himself fit, eats mostly the right food, he's got a good bod but then all the Parata men have.? ?  Me neither Red, do you take them at the start of each day?

It was the whole how many 'followers' you have to have got my head in a spin, if 'they' aren't liking every move you make you've failed.?

I can't remember if I said before but Stephen brought it up too about had Susie picked up John when he was on the dating site.  He had already deleted his profile but Susie could have seen his profile but not made a move, unless of course she was that woman who made a date with but who didn't show, her photo on that could have been fake. It did seem odd, unless I'm being overly suspicious, but John got that text from Susie after Stephen walked away from him, but when he  got the second one, he was sitting in the Diner and Stephen was at the counter, could he have texted John without Irene or Marilyn seeing?  From what we knew about Susie it does seem out of character for her, but Mr. President was her 'name' for him and Stephen didn't know that -  or does he? ?  It does make sense not to call the cops as they could lose her again - a real conundrum.❓   

Btw John misremembered when he and Susie first met, it was in Salt when she was meeting Tori and Christian and she made a joke about John having trouble with his sandwich.  There is no way she could have planned that as she couldn't have known he would have been there at that precise moment, but she  may have recognised him from his profile.  He did bump into her outside the Surf Club later which may not have been as casual as it looked. 

On 02/07/2021 at 13:22, H&Alover said:

Do you mean me?  I  wouldn't tell anyone what they could or couldn't post?  It was a suggestion as we have been there before.

Posts often go through stuff that has been covered previously.  I have a suggestion, perhaps don't make any suggestions with regards to what people should or shouldn't post.

I'm still suspicious of Stephen in addition to what happened before now given the way he chose the PI.

So we get an explanation of how Susie preselected John at least.  I can imagine there would have been all sorts of emotions when John received that text message.  I'm not even sure how much he cares about the money at this point but is more hoping that Susie was genuine about him.

Happy for Allegra to keep teaching social media to Nicau, although not so keen on suppressing the hunger.

I'm glad Justin fired Ziggy as I got fed up of the way he was treating her and it felt slightly uncomfortable watching it.

Archived