2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Yes the stuff with Mac is getting boring now but I didn’t like the way Ziggy handled her when she went around to see if she was ok it did seem like to me Ziggy was just pretending to care 

I didn’t really feel sorry for Tori she kind of drove Christian away he suits Rachel much better I think haha

While Ziggy offers to keep the garage open for Justin a much better reaction to a friend in need haha

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think James is playing an in denial drug addict very well, trying all the strategies at trying to get Leah let him have his dose of meds early, asking nicely, getting angry, begging that he needs it as he is in pain and Ada's performance matched it.  I guess when you are in that much pain, if he is, could also be withdrawal, half an hour is a long time. That last scene with him weeping outside the bedroom door was pretty traumatic, you have to be really strong to withstand that, Leah can't  keep  coping alone, it'll make her ill. I think Leah said Tori was working and of course Christian isn't there and nothing to do with you Justin, did that mean, therefore, Grace was asleep  in her bedroom when all that shouting and banging about Justin was doing, poor little mite? When he and Leah came across Alf he seemed to be walking OK, not limping. 

Alf couldn't avoid  knowing about his condition, he was with Leah when she found him, but course Justin was way too far out of it to remember any of it.  Though, yes risky Leah telling Ziggy about it, she did manage to persuade him to take her back so she could open the garage which had been shut again.?  Apart from passing trade Justin's regulars must be very patient.  Oh and he's online again buying more dodgy painkillers $400 this time round, how is he able to afford them, Susie took all their money and he must have a credit limit on his card??

Dean has been a lot more patient than I or I reckon anyone else would have given him credit for, he's still trying to help Mac see the error of her ways, even Ziggy gave it bash, but it went right over her head.   I think as you Red, it's one thing acting up, to put it mildly, as she has as you can't see yourself as others see you, but when you do see it for yourself as she did, it's a different matter, it really brought it home how her behaviour - or misbehaviour - has been. It did seem genuine, but now she's vanished -again.  How does Salt keep going with her there one minute, gone the next?

Odd little slip in of a scene with John texting Susie and Stephen wasn't happy, came in just as John had sent his latest text yet again. John was evasive when Leah asked if he still had feelings for Susie.

I've been suspicious of Stephen from the start and have seen no reason to change my stance.  The one thing I will say is that I would be surprised if the writers had Leah and John duped twice in a row.

Again all for Mackenzie directing her anger towards people like Ari/Mia/Chloe but Ziggy (and Dean) don't deserve the treatment Mac was giving them.  It does say a lot that even after that Ziggy was still prepared to be a friend to Mac.  I did also feel sorry for her with Justin although it seems a bit better now.

Alf's episode count this block:Four.

I can't help feeling that Leah was on the wrong side here. If Stephen does have an agenda, then his sudden insistence that John needs to take the messages from Susie to the police, which he initially discouraged, is extremely suspicious, and Leah may not have helped anyone by helping him badger John into doing what he wanted.Meanwhile, Justin demonstrates that he really hasn't made any progress at all by going straight out to order more pills as soon as he wasn't being watched.He confirms that Grace isn't at home but doesn't really explain why: Tori normally leaves her with someone when she's at work rather than putting her in the hospital creche, but all her usual babysitters (Leah/Justin, Jasmine, Marilyn) were in the episode and Irene's out of town.Could Christian have had her? And that makes me realise I've no idea where he's meant to be living...

I'm not sure how worried about Mackenzie we should be.The most likely explanation is that she's taken herself off somewhere to get her head sorted.I can even understand her leaving her phone behind if she didn't want to be contacted.But...without taking any clothes?

Similarly, Roo may have had a point about Martha, but they can't keep her in hopital indefinitely and she seemed pretty together.Of course, news of Kieran could set her right back...

Like you Red, after all his, to us, odd behaviour re Susie, Stephen's sudden insistence John take all the evidence to the cops is a turn round.  In both Leah and Stephen's case, it wasn't personal, at least that is what Stephen keeps insisting, it was just about the money.  But with John she did get involved to con him better.   Stephen did seem surprised/shocked that John hadn't gone to the cops after his call to make the appointment.  I thought John made an odd comment, asking Stephen was he sure he had nothing else on Susie,  seemed to me he'd found something and wanted clarification.  I love the fact Stephen is keeping us guessing, he's now offered to go to the cops with John.  As before Stephen turns up just as John has sent his latest text to Susie, who suddenly isn't responding? and he wasn't happy.

Susie can't be after any more money as neither Leah or John have any.  John and Leah weren't the only ones to lose money the donors to the Save The Surf Club Fund did, but to a much lesser degree. 

There were some references from John about the bash at Ari and Mia's,  the noise mainly and we mustn't forget about the pink plastic flamingos. ??

I was trying to make out where Grace was supposed to be, would she have been at the creche overnight or at the Caravan Park with Maz? 

Justin did appear very contrite and took his meds, but then we saw him doubled over with back pain/withdrawal pain? He must have had a plan in mind when he said he'd tag along with Leah and Stephen to the Surf Club and while they talked to John, he'd go for some light physio, not I think reckoning on Jasmine keeping an eye on him.  Though she would have been very remiss in her job if she hadn't.  He took his chance to slip away when Jasmine went to help Dean, but why the heck did he go so far, I get he didn't want to be seen, but there must have been easier places to make sneaky online orders?  He did come across as naughty little boy being brought in as he'd been playing out too long when walking back with Jasmine.   Another delivery to the garage, no surprise there, but he'd better get his hands on it before Ziggy. 

Jas is spreading herself a bit thin, helping Leah keep an eye on Justin and helping Dean try and track Mac down.  Was I mistaken in thinking Dean and Mac had spent the night in the flat together but Mac had slipped out either after Dean went to sleep or she'd gone early in the morning?  The first couple/few times Dean and then Jas rang her phone he/they  wasn't in the flat so wouldn't have known her phone was there.  Unless my ears deceived me, didn't he tell Jas her Mac's phone had died so how come it was ringing?   I can get Mac leaving it behind so she got total peace, following her appearance on social media, even John commented, but yes not taking any clothes.  She could have left a message at least telling him not to worry.   As it's now 24 hours he can officially report her missing. 

Good to see Martha back and Roo Marilyn is right, stop overthinking everything,  Martha seemed relaxed enough and yes being back in the 'real' world will take some adjusting to again, but let her know her own limits of what is enough in one go and what isn't.  If I had been 'locked' away, however the nice the place was, I'd relish being back home, having a walk along the beach, having a cup of tea/coffee with my husband, daughter and friend, catching up on all the news.  She sounded delighted about Ryde and Chloe's business venture, but guessing they haven't  told her about the Susie business.  I got the feeling she wasn't all that keen on some of the group activities ? but to refuse was looked on as not cooperating. 

Kieran can't have heard about Martha being  home already can he?  Of course there will be the should we/shouldn't we tell her talk, seeing as has only just got back on an even keel, but we all know what happens when people aren't told something and they find out later or from someone else.  

On a different track, all this talk between Ari and Mia having another baby, they both know the trouble she had with  miscarriages before, so I feel they should seek some medical advice.  Mia is that much older, 40's?, would there be other problems, not just regards her getting pregnant but also keeping the baby full term? It could save them a lot of heartache, but on the other hand medical science has advanced even in the relatively small time scale since they last tried so there may be help out there for them. 

Bella again seemed to be treating Nikau's home like her personal workspace, which he didn't seem to mind although he didn't seem to feel obliged to keep the noise down either. To be fair, Bella did suggest going to hers but Emmett, explicitly now, didn't fancy running into Dean or Mackenzie: See, this is why Dean putting the heavy word on him was a bad idea! Sienna is still disregarding Nikau's request not to spring stuff on him and he seems to have given up objecting. Having used Bella as a bargaining tool up until now, Sienna suddenly seems to want rid of her, having apparently decided Nikau is hooked enough that it won't matter. His behaviour here suggests that's not the case, although his attempt to help Bella backfired. While Sienna's being petty, they probably should have thought of that before getting Nikau to pose for so many pictures...

I'm still not sure how concerned I should be about Mackenzie, it does look as though she left of her own accord so..? At least we got to see Ben Murray again! And I think that's the first time we've got a name for Mackenzie's mother.Apparently Dean's never spoken to her, although I'm not sure how long he plans to keep that up for.Mackenzie handled meeting his mum okay.

Well, I wasn't expecting Kieran to be up for release that quickly.I can understand Alf's stance: He gave Kieran a chance before against his better judgement, albeit grudgingly, and it ended up in a disaster. They do need to talk it over properly though.

That was a good idea of Nik's for Sienna and Emmett to use the photos Bella took as a joint project, both would have won but as you said it backfired, mainly down to Sienna who seems to have  a real grudge against Emmett, she can never resist having a dig, did he  dump her?  She could have  a point though legally Nik is their 'property' so any unauthorised photos of him couldn't be allowed without their OK, it's probably in the small print.   If Bella had been taking the photos for herself and were to be private a different matter.  

Dean seemed surprised when Murray took him seriously, usually when Dean rocks up at the nick, it's complaining about the treatment someone is getting.  When I read Jasmine suggests ringing Mac's mum I had the same thought as him. "Oh hello, I'm Dean, the son of the woman your husband had the fling with while you were pregnant with MacKenzie. "?  To be fair MacKenzie did know what her dad was like regards womanising.  

I know it was meant to be serious, the news that Kieran was due for release, but it was funny when Marilyn was trying to get Roo off the phone and Alf and Martha were approaching.  Didn't he go to prison/hospital or wherever just before Martha went into the retreat, it's been what a couple of months?  ?  His release is dependent on Roo/Alf/Martha agreeing to take him in.   Is it just a coincidence it's happened now?   All well and good the experts saying 'he's in  a much better place' that was said before and looked how that worked out.  He's clever enough to tell people what they want to hear. Didn't Mick manage to persuade people he was OK before his release from a  psychiatric hospital?

I can understand Alf's initial reaction, he's just got Martha 'back' after what Kieran did the last time, but he's going to find it hard to keep it from Martha, she'll know something is up. As we and everyone in soapland knows keeping something from someone is never a good idea. 

John was pretty gutted at prospect at handing details of the texts to the police.  I think in his own mind, communicating with Susie is still maintaining some sort of relationship regardless of the what he claims.

I said this before but I much prefer Nikau in scenes with Sienna and Allegra than scenes with Bella.  Despite the fact that she's sneaky, manipulative and self-serving, I'm actually really enjoying Sienna and also like the banter with Emmett - "Day off at the beach.  It must be nice to have such a relaxed schedule" etc.  Contrary to what Bella said, I actually like this change in Nikau as he seems more positive.  And good to see him starting to enjoy himself which is a refreshing change from the usual doom and gloom.  Bella is seriously starting to get on my nerves, acting like she owned the place in Nikau's house and her general attitude towards his work - I didn't like how dismissive he was of her last week but she's becoming a liability.

I did have a certain level of sympathy for Roo because was in an impossible position.  If Ciaran is making progress then a family, stable home and support would greatly help him.  But even putting aside Alf, it would be a recipe for disaster if he comes back given that Martha is unwell too.

If Dean didn't want Tanya knowing Rick's illegitimate child was calling he could have just pretended to be a friend of Mackenzie's.

I did feel a lot of sympathy for Bella here, and while I'm still not sold on the pairing, I do appreciate Nikau trying to go to bat for her. Emmett gave him some worthwhile advice about Sienna's carrot and stick tactic.I'm not sure if Nikau's ultimatum is likely to work: Sienna doesn't tend to respond well to them, and I imagine she thinks she holds all the cards and Nikau will do what she wants either way.

So Martha found out the truth surprisingly quickly...and then she's off again and taking Alf with her.

I like Rachel but I'm starting to get a bit worried about her.It does seem like she doesn't really have any friends, and being stuck in hospital for weeks can't be fun, but it seems like she's getting a bit too dependant on Christian.I'm almost tempted to suggest she staged that panic attack to get his attention.On one level, taking her out for the day is a good idea, but I can understand why Jasmine would be worried.I'm not too sure that calling Tori is the best way to handle it though, she hasn't exactly been the most stable recently.

Archived