2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Slade - maybe then  it's because Mac is his sister that Dean was upset/worried.  Guys do get like that over their sisters.  Mind you from what we saw in the trailer, it wasn't a one off and this time it's Emmett, though can't blame the girl there. ?

Nik was more than willing to help Alf out but was railroaded by Sienna and there is the obligation of his contract - she 'owns' him - remember.  

We may not like her for numerous reasons, but she read Alf right when he rightly took umbrage of her takeover of the Surf Club by offering to donate money to anything he liked.  I would have loved to have seen John involved and what his take on it would have been. 

She - Sienna - is very cunning - she saw the way Nik was uncomfortable posing with Allegra with Bella there so turns her into a gopher and gets her to go and get the drinks/lunch - so he wasn't distracted.   It is interfering with what she is meant to be learning from Emmett, though Sienna isn't concerned about that.   I think Emmett is on a looser leash than  Allegra is, as in he may be freelance so could if he wanted to walk. 

It's plain Allegra isn't totally on board with Sienna's scheming - she is just interested in furthering her  - sorry Nik's career and using them both to her advantage.  The shoot with Nik and Allegra doing the classic shots of running along the beach, him swinging her up in his arms did look very professional.  Allegra is a stunning  looking woman and her and Nik make a very photographic couple, her blondeness and him being dark is a very good contrast.  That last shoot was very well set up by her, sending Bella off to get coffees again so Nik wouldn't resist being kissed by Allegra, she just got closer and closer, then moved in and of course that had to be when Bella returned. 

Didn't take as long as I thought it would - the threat by Sienna to Nik, he can quit -fine - but Bella loses her internship, making him look the bad guy and Bella would feel guilty for putting Nik's future in the balance.

Seriously Leah hiring  a PI? - to echo Justin's question - where is the money coming to come from??  He's only going to be going over the ground she and Stephen have  already been over.  Justin did seem OK in the gym, doing his exercises - gently, but then going home to top up his meds OK, but then having to take his regular dose under Leah's supervision.  Maybe he didn't have any ill effects because his body is getting used to it. 

Ryder and Chloe were lucky there, but they didn't ask Roo, Marilyn and Alf for any money, just maybe some advice.  It's a shame that such enthusiasm had to be crushed by the banks but  to be fair to them they would be taking a huge risk on two young people with no business experience  and who could down the line be laden down by huge debts.  It would have taken forever to save up $10,000 and Ryder did offer to sell his car, though he wouldn't have got anything near what he - or rather Alf - paid for it.  It is going to take a lot more than enthusiasm, it'll be hard work, patience, stamina and that's before they even start selling food. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

H&Alover - Yes, it was mentioned in the post I quoted about Mac being Dean's sister.  I don't believe Dean had an issue with Mac's one night stand because she was female.

I loved the way Allegra was sitting there smiling when Alf bit Sienna's head off.  Nikau's a lucky boy and even Ryder acknowledges Allegra's beauty.  Nikau's seriously into Bella as it's hard to imagine someone in his position doing those photo shoots without getting a hard-on.

Sienna's quite ruthless.  Even Allegra felt bad about kissing Nikau.

Good to see Leah at the gym.  I did find Justin's facial expression quite amusing when he took the pain killers from his own stash and Leah immediately gave him some right after.

Discussion of today's episode follows:

Well, when I said I wanted some interaction between Bella and Mackenzie, that wasn't quite what I had in mind, but it's better than nothing! I hope that Mackenzie self-destructing comes to an end soon, but it's almost worth it for seeing Dean's unconditioned brotherly love towards her, getting the mix right between letting her do what she needs to and calling her out when she goes too far. His insistence that he's never going to turn his back on her did seem to create a little bit of a chink in her armour. And it was amusing too to see him really wishing he was somewhere else when Bella poured out her relationship drama to him.

At this point, it isn't clear which out of Bella and Nikau is going along with this fashion thing for the sake of the other.It's hard to shake the feeling this could be resolved if they both went "You know, I'm not really that into all this." Emmett's advice to Bella was well-meant but possibly a bit patronising. Very awkward for him having to do the walk of shame past her, although Bella accusing Mackenzie of ruining things was a tad melodramatic.

I was slightly annoyed at Chloe stopping Ryder checking on Bella. Ah, so now Chloe's in one of the bedrooms that actually has a set built for it, we finally get to see them in there!

Seems from what she was saying/hinting at there have been other guys since James or was that just to wind up Dean?  

Alf could say things to Sienna Allegra wouldn't dare to, he's not under her thumb.

That was some real full on flirting between Mac and Emmett.

Was very bad timing that meeting with Bella and Mac, especially with Bella in her dressing gown 'bumping' into Emmett, she works with the guy after all not surprising she let fly at Mac, but while they were getting into it, both Dean and Emmett were left just standing there looking embarrassed.  Emmett had absolutely no idea of the connection - however tenuous  - between Bella and Mac so his surprise/shock was totally understandable.  Although Mac has been back working and around people I'm not sure if she knew exactly who Sienna, Emmett and Allegra were, Nikau wasn't with them so that  chance for her to make the link was lost. 

I loved that speech when Dean told Mac she may try and do all she can to  push him away but he wasn't going to give up on her, I got quite teary?.   She did look that way herself and I thought she was going to crumble, but she just pushed by him.  That's what I love about Dean, he may give the ones he cares about a hard time sometimes, but he is always there for them.  Seems she has taken herself off for a few days, leaving her staff to do all the work again. 

He did ask Bella what was going on with Nik so he had to listen, albeit through gritted teeth.   I liked how he left her and Nik to it when Nik came round trusting her to be able to manage it. 

Bella doesn't know about the 'condition' of his contract that Sienna reminded Nik about and he put it very well, that they will have to put up with it.  I suppose they could quit, but would of course be slapped with a breaking of contract suit, huge fine which Sienna knows full well they can't afford. 

I saw it differently Red with regards to Emmett's advice to Bella.  He may be free lance - he is isn't he - but as he intimated he had sold his soul to the Devil - not a very nice thing to call Sienna btw- but he feels worried for Bella getting sucked in.  Not just Sienna but people like her which the industry must be full of.

It looks like Dean will be needing his friends now that little nugget of information has been dropped as in Tane has moved in with Ziggy. Before you say it I know she is under no obligation to tell him anything that is going on in her life as they are no longer an item, but she does know he is still in love her so maybe a heads up should have been on the cards. 

Come on tipo and chicas any ideas of what to call Chloe and Ryder's food truck bearing in mind it's Mexican.  I did like the fact Ryder was thinking of veggie snacks they could put on their menu to thank Marilyn for her investment. 

Talking of Dean is it weird I dreamt of him last night and he was in character??   He turned up at mine in the middle of the night having imbibed a bottle or six. 

The scene where Emmett emerged from Mackenzie's bedroom, Mackenzie came out right afterwards and started gloating about their night together was hilarious.  I was in absolute stitches.  I loved the awkwardness when Emmett realised Bella lived there and Dean with his (now normal) not too impressed expression.  Whilst it's sad Mackenzie is acting like this, it was worth her sleeping with Emmett if only to wind Bella up.  I can see things from Bella's point of view but regardless she's been acting like a brat and getting on my nerves.  I'm presuming Mackenzie sleeping with Emmett is going to get back to Ari.  When Dean said he wasn't giving up on her it clearly had an impact as she was holding back tears.  I think her getting away for a bit would be a good idea as much as I'm enjoying some of her scenes at the moment.

Going against the grain, I kinda like Sienna.

Discussion of today's episode follows:

Bella and Nikau try quitting, but it turns out Sienna had a second carrot to dangle in front of Nik.At least he's doing it for his family.Dean once again looked as though he'd rather someone else was there but ultimately he gave Bella some good advice.Sienna might not care about her work but Emmett does and working with him is going to be good for her.

So Alf and Nikau part company amicably after all that, although it leaves Alf short-handed.The way Mia dropped that bombshell on Dean was a bit contrived (do they really know each other well enough for her to invite him to dinner?) and looks like he's taking a break from the Bay as well.By this point, I'm not sure Ari would remotely care who Mackenzie sleeps with.(As long as it's not Tane.)

Sienna has both Nik and Bella by the short and curlies, she's had years of doing this to people so has got it down pat.  The Agency may have agreed  to give  Bella an internship to get Nik on their books, but if she was really rubbish at her job Emmett would soon suss that out, he recognises  Bella does have talent and he does know what he is talking about.  Emmett and Bella had another chat after his argument with Sienna was witnessed  by Nik and Bella.  He laid it on the line for her so now it is her choice whether to carry on and put up with whatever Sienna has in store for them. I'm wondering if Sienna had an inkling what Nik was going to say which is why she brought that cheque along with her, which from the look on his face was a hefty sum.  He certainly was ready to say he and Bella were quitting and although Bella was gob smacked when he agreed to the next shoot, she wisely kept quite, then she saw the cheque and understood why.  

Him giving a nice wad of it to Ari was a lovely thing to do and I'm glad Ari didn't let his pride stop him from accepting it. and that hug was beautiful. Another pair who have come a long way since we first saw them, Nik absolutely hated Ari and barely gave him a civil word, but he's grown up and realised how much he had done for him and his mum. 

Roo was right Alf can't do three jobs and still find time to visit Martha, not being ageist but he's not as young as he used to be, couldn't John take on more responsibilities at The Surf Club? 

Without realising it Dean gave Bella good advice, you can overthink these things after all, so he spoke from his heart.

I agree Red who Mac is 'seeing' won't affect Ari, I'm not saying he won't care, but she is now a free agent.  True Mia doesn't know Dean that well but he's a good mate of Ari's and Dean was going to be on his own that night so I just saw it  as a nice gesture. Btw where were 'the kids'? Then she told him 'the news'.  No reason for her to  think he didn't already know so it was innocently done.  Knowing Dean the way we do, it was inevitable he'd take off, how long before Bella realises  he's gone, I didn't see him leave a note? 

Well, after it initially looked as though Dean and Mackenzie have gone on separate self-destructive benders, it turns out he's just gone on the much-mentioned trip to Movie World! Given the abrupt nature of his departure, I'm guessing it was less a pre-arranged trip and more a case of him turning up on Jai and Amber's doorstep and saying "Let's go now." Still, it's a healthier way of dealing with it, and nice they get their family holiday, even if we don't get to see it.

Still not fond of Mia, so really didn't mind Ziggy blowing up at her, even if it wasn't deserved, and was a bit annoyed at Ari playing the protective boyfriend.Those scenes between Ari and Tane really underlined how far they've come: A year ago, if Ari had given Tane that speech about the trouble he caused at work, it would have been done aggressively, but here it was done fondly. Assuming he's not exaggerating, sounds like there's about ten years between them, which is quite a gap, especially when Ari was the middle one of the three brothers!

Justin is now falling to pieces if he hasn't got a supply of pills on hand.It was hard to tell what exactly he smashed at the end: The subtitles claimed it was his phone, even though a phone wouldn't shatter like that. I thought it was something glass at first, but on rewatch he seemed to be holding a white mug.

A relief to know Dean is OK, though he didn't pack a lot for his holiday, I thought I heard Ari say he was staying with  Amber & Jai, just stuffed a few things in his bag and is Movie World in Aus because it didn't seem he packed his passport. Wonder what Dean told Amber when he suddenly showed up at hers?  I can see why Tane was uneasy about why Ziggy was so concerned about Dean when they are over, but they were a couple for over a year and had been friends before that so not that easy just to let go. I don't think Mia, who I do like,  deserved that blow up from Ziggy either, it was a honest mistake and Ziggy did realise it later, even if she didn't get to apologise in person like she wanted to. 

Liked that bantering between Ari and Tane, seemed Tane had made himself popular at the site even with the pranks he pulled.  Typical big bro thing Ari not wanting Tane to know the boss said he'd done a good job.   Didn't catch all of their conversation so missed the comments about their ages. 

Just an an idea, Tane needs a job, Alf needs help at the bait shop and the caravan park -  join the dots anyone?  Wouldn't be a huge wage but he'd be doing his bit  re rent/food/bills wise at Ziggy's. Fridge definitely needs stocking up.?

Now we know Dean is OK, Justin is the one to be worried about, he went into real panic mode when Leah remined him about making sure he had enough pain meds for their trip to Brody's for the wedding.  He's using up his secret supply and can't  get hold of a repeat scrip without making an appointment to see the doctor - any doctor.  Ziggy got the full brunt of his mood when she asked a very reasonable question and  just needed his opinion.  He didn't look good either, Ziggy looked horrified seeing him ranting at whoever was - a poor receptionist I guess - at the other end of the phone.  Leah, who is suddenly worried about him,  couldn't get hold of him as he was on his phone.  I wish Ziggy had phoned Leah there and then because it looked like Justin is swearing her to secrecy about it all. 

Something else not helping is him 'biting his tongue' over Leah and  her Susie crusade, he's bottling it all up and he's is in danger of blowing soon.    She was getting carried away, nearly,  again checking how much was being donated to the Crowd Fund - Fund Me(?) campaign. 

Archived