2020 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Discussion of today's episode follows:

Well, Tane did well in getting Dean home but otherwise he should have kept his distance, because him acting like Ziggy's bodyguard was just inflaming the situation.That said, Dean needs to wake up to the fact that acting like a stalker is not going to make Ziggy take him back.It's like he's latching onto her because he's got no-one else, but that's too much to put on her.He knew right from the start that there was a possibility of it ending this way, even with Colby taking the blame:He saw it happen with Chelsea, who could never look at Colby in the same way afterwards.Mackenzie briefly did a good job sorting him out, might even have lasted if he hadn't run into Ziggy again so quickly.

And we get the answer to what Martha's hiding rather quickly, although Alf and Roo remain in the dark.Okay, I can understand Martha wanting to get all the details before explaining, but this really is something she should have told Alf before they got married and she's lucky he's willing to give her as much leeway as he is.

26 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Well, Tane did well in getting Dean home but otherwise he should have kept his distance, because him acting like Ziggy's bodyguard was just inflaming the situation.That said, Dean needs to wake up to the fact that acting like a stalker is not going to make Ziggy take him back.It's like he's latching onto her because he's got no-one else, but that's too much to put on her.He knew right from the start that there was a possibility of it ending this way, even with Colby taking the blame:He saw it happen with Chelsea, who could never look at Colby in the same way afterwards.Mackenzie briefly did a good job sorting him out, might even have lasted if he hadn't run into Ziggy again so quickly.

Im with you about Tane. It was nice of him to take Dean home, but lecturing him was out of line, especially since hes literally in no position to be acting like he's more mature given the mess he got his family into cuz he couldnt get with his brothers GF.  

He wasnt exactly stalking Ziggy, he just keeps trying to talk to her, which was after Mac talked to him. Which brings me to my point about Mackenzie who, in my opinion, didnt really help Dean cuz I recall her encouraging him to try talking to Ziggy instead of telling him to make peace with the fact that she doesnt want to get back with him.

The rest is just pointing out the obvious. Dean's pretty much lost all the people he considered family for years and he lost his son. People dont always do smart things during a breakdown and Deans entitled to one right now. Your point about him running into Ziggy again is the core issue. Colby didnt have to deal with seeing Chelsea everyday after she left him. Ziggy lives in the same town and works in the same area as him. In Deans mind, starting over with Ziggy is the only thing he thinks he can change. 

The most intriguing thing is the Martha stuff thus far. I'm guessing it was ex on the other end of the phone (as stated she didn't live as nun in Merimbula (sp?)

"You're the single most important thing to me", what is Jai? Chopped Liver?! Granted, he's not present at but stiiiiiilll...?

• Like 1

Tane and Ziggy had been looking in her car for Dean and it made perfect sense to me for him to be the one to get him home.  Dean couldn't try and sweet talk Tane could he?  Had Bella decamped to the Parata's seeing as she wasn't at the flat?  Ziggy neatly side stepped the reason why Dean was in such a state as he and Ari are one of the 'few' that don't know what happened.   He was overstepping the mark the next day as Ziggy is well able to tell Dean where to go all by herself.  I wondered that about Dean needing Ziggy as everyone else, apart from Bella, has gone from his life. Is he treating her as a crutch to lean on?  I had a 'what' moment when he said Ziggy was the most important person in his life. But then he really does believe he's lost Jai for good.  Good point pembie very hard to avoid someone when you live in such a small town, number of times x has said to y just stay out of my way which is not just possible.  Megan telling Dan to stay his side of town and she'll stay hers for instance.?

Martha's secret did come out quicker than I thought it would - not a secret lover, but a secret son!  She, unwittingly, chose the right person to confide in, but again in  a public place as they always seem to do.? ? Kieran is in his 20's it appears and they haven't had a good relationship  as she dubbed him in to the cops. She also said she had him before she contacted Alf after all the years she'd been gone. Irene can definitely relate to what Martha is going through though she didn't know what had happened to her secret child until much later. Plus all she went through when they did finally meet.  A real dilemma for Martha on when to tell Alf (and Roo), if he is trouble does she want to bring it to Alf's door?  Alf had secret children but that was only because he didn't know about them.   I'm guessing Martha didn't marry Kieran's dad as she knew she was still married.   It will need to be broken to him in just the right way.  As an offshoot has Roo told Martha senior about Martha junior?  

Pity is was an off screen farewell for Ryder. 

The Porsche is still Rick's.  Is that why Bill & Ben - sorry Paul and Leon return? 

If I remember right the lease to the flat is in Colby's name, would his incarceration mean Dean & Bella would have to leave now or when the lease is up? ?

23 hours ago, Nephlim14 said:

He wasnt exactly stalking Ziggy, he just keeps trying to talk to her,

I think turning up at her place of work hours at most after she's said she doesn't want to get back together is crossing some sort of line.

1 hour ago, H&Alover said:

The Porsche is still Rick's. 

I really don't understand that: What happened to Mackenzie saying all her debts to Rick were paid off all those months ago?

Well, Tane interrupted Dean's latest attempt to get Ziggy to talk to him, but in the end it seemed as though Tane was the one most concerned by Dean's grim (or not so grim?) prediction of his future.It does definitely feels like history repeating itself, although at least there's no buried bodies this time.Dean did seem to be wrongfooted for a moment by Bella being nice to him, shame he wasn't in the mood to reciprocate. Of course, now Ari and Tane are back in trouble.I don't suppose there's any chance they could just call Paul's bluff? If he goes to the police, then he's potentially implicating himself (especially if the Paratas still have his messages), along with any other low-levels employees involved.

In the midst of everyone hitting the self-destruct button, John being crazy-prepared for his date does at least offer a bit of light relief. Champagne, but not the really expensive stuff...

11 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I really don't understand that: What happened to Mackenzie saying all her debts to Rick were paid off all those months ago?

Mac said that she paid off the debt for the restaurant, however Rick was still paying for the car. So the car might be rented and Rick was paying for it, or its his car but Mac is driving it. Either way it doesn't legally belong to Paul even though Mac made a deal. 

20 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Well, Tane interrupted Dean's latest attempt to get Ziggy to talk to him, but in the end it seemed as though Tane was the one most concerned by Dean's grim (or not so grim?) prediction of his future.

I think that was the moment Tane realized he was falling for Ziggy. Until then he thought he was helping her because he owed her.

Edited by Lila_Q
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Yeah, he does slur a bit on a Stallone level.

Does James have a stutter or stammer?

Dean needs to get the message, leave Ziggy alone.   You lost her and it's your own fault.   She's trying to move on, so should he (eventually with you know who when she returns with their kid).

A dull episode I thought Tane was very annoying I agree with Dean stop sticking his nose in when it comes to Ziggy but as Dean said it is pretty obvious what is going to happen there 

And of course Leon would have photos of the robbery they did as blackmail it's like why wouldn't he is a gangster and they tend to play dirty 

I hope the stories get better