2020 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Tori didn't literally refer to Summer Bay as a village. She was referring to the proverb "It takes a village to raise a child."

Alf's episode count this week:Three.

Go, Willow! Thorne's gone from smug to desperate to defeated, which has probably pricked her conscience a bit but someone needed to stop him.He's right that every decision he made has led him to this.I don't really buy his claim to have fallen in love with Taylor: Did he come to that realisation before or after he ripped her necklace off her? That's just him deluding himself that he's the good guy still.So, he may have had the right motive but the wrong person, as it seems Willow has turned him in to save Dean.Angelo did seem sincere in thanking her, in contrast to his desire to humiliate Taylor: Maybe he's fed up of every woman he's involved with ending up with his sworn enemy (Belle and Aden, Charlie and Brax...it really does make you wonder who Nicole's with now!). Of course it's hard to work out what Plan A was, since Colby probably wouldn't have put the noose round his neck quite as effectively if he was on remand, unless Willow was meant to visit him and coax it out of him.

And goodbye, Owen. Roo's protests were increasingly unconvincing, so he's probably made the right decision, hard as it is on Ryder.Still, Ryder got to cheer himself up reintroducing Marilyn to the world of internet dating...

Edited by Red Ranger 1
  • Like 1

I really hope Martha puts her own stamp on Summer Bay House, the art department have gradually changed the dining table and chairs - they painted the legs of the dining table to match the kitchen cabinets and now have bought chairs to match, that looks great now, although that table is huge.

They really need to replace those awful red walls - even if the living room is quite a close colour to the interior of the real house.

Thanks DanF and Red, I wasn't losing my hearing then. 

Last things first, who approached who and what made Willow decide to turn against Colby and when did it happen?  Rosetta's said for a couple of weeks now he's had a witness, but Willow didn't have anything on Colby only Dean telling her Colby had killed Ross, he was there and helped bury the body and Colby himself telling her - off record. Neither Rosetta or Willow could have known Colby would say those words "I killed Ross" not "I did it" or "I had to do what I did" which isn't the same.  What would their plan have been if he hadn't said that phrase? How long has Willow been wired up anyway? Colby does seem resigned to going down and their last evening was rather touching.  Whatever has happened since Ross was killed Colby'd given Bella a life she wouldn't have had if she was still with Ross.  She's been to school, made friends, fallen in love. Not saying things haven't been bad, but she's had good support  from Colby, Dean, Willow, Ryder and now Nikau.   One thing Colby isn't a serial killer. Jasmine's bail money is safe to. 

Colby had mentioned he'd fallen for Taylor before and that necklace was a listening device and he didn't know at that instance if she was aware of it or not. Has everyone got their hard hat ready for next week when Witness X aka Willow walks into court.  That confession, I'm supposing is admissible, as the buggee knew they were wearing it.  You'd think the bay would be used to shock confessions, verdicts about a fellow resident by now but to most of them Colby has been a good guy/cop. They've known their share of bad ones. 

I was avidly reading who the witnesses for the prosecution were, a couple of cops who were at the crime scene, Kirsty Rendell who I'll make a mad guess at,  was one of the backpackers.  Chelsea wouldn't say anything as she'd drop herself in it. Taylor -  who Colby hadn't admitted anything to but he had asked her how the investigation was going. 

It was sad about Owen and Roo was desperately trying to convince herself she could get past him looking like Evan.  Sad also for Ryder but there is the phone, emails, Facebook. 

Is that the same dating app - Silver Dreams - Ryder has set Marilyn up on as he did John?  May explain the fact Marilyn now has the same ring tone. They both know who they are on the site as no hidden identities but could this see them get back together as they both get jealous of the attention the other is getting??

More conversations with Jasmine and Irene - Yay.  Let's look at Irene's facial expressions - we have understanding, concerned, disapproval, touched, bemused and horrified.

I was half expecting Jasmine to pick up a large object and smack Christian over the head with it at Grace's birthday party.

I laughed when Colby told Taylor he loved her and then I thought she's not going to fall for it again but maybe he does at least think he's in love with her.

Wow, what a traitor Willow is.  I was shocked.  Really wasn't expecting her to be witness x.  It will be interesting to see the fallout with the other members of the inner circle.

Team Willow.     What Colby did had to come out in the end and also the cover up, plus the fact that more people were finding out Ziggy, lies catch up with you in the end and Colby, Dean, Bella and Willow are all facing the consequences for their actions.

Willow isn't a snake or traitor, she can see that it's a vicious circle of destruction, lies and misery that needs to end for everyones sakes if they are to move on with their lives even if it means Colby having to do serious jail time, yes they were once close friends, but as the saying goes... You do the crime, you do the time.

I have no sympathy for Bella or Dean, it's ran out.   I am tired of their constant woe is me, self pitying attitude and the constant destructive behaviour or aggressive attitude to everyone even if someone is trying to be nice to them, it's their own fault why they find themselves in the situation they are in RE Colby and no amount of shifting the blame onto Willow can change that fact.

Willow shouldn't feel guilty, she eventually did the right thing and hopefully can move forward and as for Bella/Dean I hope they continue to get more karma for the vile attitude they have.

Loved Irene giving the truth bombs to Marilyn.

• Like 2

Ay Chihuahua!

Had to laugh at the Phone capers.

"Don't think I wont ban phones from this house"

"More like Silver Flamin' Nightmares!"

It did get annoying with the whistling though... And Phone on Silent IS a thing. 

Alf proving how much of a legend he actually is.

Willow's doing what she has to do and is keeping Dean from being "Big Benny's" new plaything in the Big House!

Dean: You Are a SNAKE!

Me: Hiss!?

• Confused 1

Oh, that was delicious. Watching Colby and Dean completely oblivious of what was about to come, and then the bombshell of that recording and the look of disbelief when Willow appeared in the doorway.Even though it was part of Willow's cover, it's a shame Bella didn't get to see exactly what Colby did to Ross and learn what he really is.My sympathy for Dean and Bella well and truly ran out as they continue to convince themselves that Angelo's the bad guy in this: Nope, the guy that murdered Bella's father is the bad guy, the guy that ruined Bella's chance of a normal life five minutes after getting her away from Ross and replaced it with this one.Hard to tell why Taylor was taken off the list or whose decision it was: Angelo seemed keen for her to be there, but maybe his brief chat with Willow caused him to lose his desire for revenge a bit, and with the recorded confession I guess she wasn't needed.Alf and Irene seemed to be firmly on Colby's side here, but they don't know the truth yet.I'm surprised Jasmine wasn't there to keep an eye on her investment but looks like the news might filter through to her...

That ring tone was very annoying and Marilyn was very childish, so I was punching the air in delight when Irene finally snapped and tore into her.Shame her moment of realisation didn't last for long and she's back giggling like a schoolgirl by the end of the episode.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UK_fan said:

Team Willow.     What Colby did had to come out in the end and also the cover up, plus the fact that more people were finding out Ziggy, lies catch up with you in the end and Colby, Dean, Bella and Willow are all facing the consequences for their actions.

Willow isn't a snake or traitor, she can see that it's a vicious circle of destruction, lies and misery that needs to end for everyones sakes if they are to move on with their lives even if it means Colby having to do serious jail time, yes they were once close friends, but as the saying goes... You do the crime, you do the time.

I have no sympathy for Bella or Dean, it's ran out.   I am tired of their constant woe is me, self pitying attitude and the constant destructive behaviour or aggressive attitude to everyone even if someone is trying to be nice to them, it's their own fault why they find themselves in the situation they are in RE Colby and no amount of shifting the blame onto Willow can change that fact.

Willow shouldn't feel guilty, she eventually did the right thing and hopefully can move forward and as for Bella/Dean I hope they continue to get more karma for the vile attitude they have.

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Oh, that was delicious. Watching Colby and Dean completely oblivious of what was about to come, and then the bombshell of that recording and the look of disbelief when Willow appeared in the doorway.Even though it was part of Willow's cover, it's a shame Bella didn't get to see exactly what Colby did to Ross and learn what he really is.My sympathy for Dean and Bella well and truly ran out as they continue to convince themselves that Angelo's the bad guy in this: Nope, the guy that murdered Bella's father is the bad guy, the guy that ruined Bella's chance of a normal life five minutes after getting her away from Ross and replaced it with this one.Hard to tell why Taylor was taken off the list or whose decision it was: Angelo seemed keen for her to be there, but maybe his brief chat with Willow caused him to lose his desire for revenge a bit, and with the recorded confession I guess she wasn't needed.Alf and Irene seemed to be firmly on Colby's side here, but they don't know the truth yet.I'm surprised Jasmine wasn't there to keep an eye on her investment but looks like the news might filter through to her...

I get that the angst is getting old, but treating Dean and Bella like the bad guy is just a bit narrow minded.

1. From what I understand, Colby decided himself to kill Ross and he did it because he had zero faith that jail wouldve kept him away. If you two saw that arc, can you really say it would have been as simple as just turning him in?

2. As far as covering up for him: Have you ever seen a tv show or soap opera that involved a character killing their abusive anything and their friends either covering up for them or at least wanting to?

If you were in their shoes, would you have been so cavalier about turning them in afterwards?

At the end of the day, they chose Colby over Ross cuz he was family and Ross was a dark chapter that should have been closed for good.