2020 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Agree there Red, Colby's banged up for 25 years so to her it seems like Rosetta is her only option, but she would have known that, he's told her to move on, not the right decision really but if if future he can spend time on and with her she won't be tempted to stray again.   Rosetta didn't endear himself to locals this time round, but Alf does owe him for Martha.  Irene does tend to do that be on someone's side one moment then turn on them, then back again, she did that a lot with Robbo.  

Bella was, naturally, going to try and get Colby to appeal but he has accepted his guilt and is wiling to take his punishment, not just the legal one but any other punishment that comes his way.   It was implied no-one knows he was an ex cop, excuse me but don't they get newspapers inside?  Even if they don't they will have family and friends on the outside who would have passed the news on.  May just be me, as I'm not a hater of Colby, but he may be relieved now it is all out there, no more lying or keeping that deep dark secret. Bella very wisely kept quiet about the real reason Nik has gone to see Gemma.  Whatever else he is going through and how he feels about Colby and Willow Dean did say he'd look out for Bella.

I know Bella is 18 so doesn't need babysitting but she shouldn't really be on her own.  The only thing that is ever in that fridge, or  so it seems, is beers, they  are always going to the Diner or getting takeaways.  Has Bella got any money coming in?

Alf's ultimatum did bring Martha home, guess she didn't want Alf running into Kieran without prior warning.  He'd definitely be younger than Roo who is in her early/mid 50's?  I'd guess him as late 20's/early 30's?? The beard may be making him look older.  I can't see her having leapt into a relationship straight away.  Martha 'died' in 1985, so give her until 1990 until she got involved with Kieran's dad - I am wildly guessing here.  He, from what she said, was a drunk and a waster and it seems Kieran has inherited those traits  and has other problems.  Shall we take it as read, for now,  that Kieran was given Martha's maiden name as that is what she may have wanted to be known by.   Didn't take him long to track Martha down and you have to give Marilyn credit she played it well but not telling Kieran where Martha lived, saying she'd pass a message on, then giving Roo the heads up. Did I hear right or did Martha say to Alf, Kieran doesn't know she'd remarried? ?

Btw,  Rick Donald - Kieran - was in H&A back in 2011 as Dean O'Mara,  the one who raped Bianca at the B&S Ball which we've never had a mention of since. 

2 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Bella was, naturally, going to try and get Colby to appeal but he has accepted his guilt and is wiling to take his punishment, not just the legal one but any other punishment that comes his way.   It was implied no-one knows he was an ex cop, excuse me but don't they get newspapers inside?  Even if they don't they will have family and friends on the outside who would have passed the news on.  May just be me, as I'm not a hater of Colby, but he may be relieved now it is all out there, no more lying or keeping that deep dark secret. Bella very wisely kept quiet about the real reason Nik has gone to see Gemma.  Whatever else he is going through and how he feels about Colby and Willow Dean did say he'd look out for Bella.

I know Bella is 18 so doesn't need babysitting but she shouldn't really be on her own.  The only thing that is ever in that fridge, or  so it seems, is beers, they  are always going to the Diner or getting takeaways.  Has Bella got any money coming in?

I agree that Bella shouldnt be alone, but I have to say.

1. She couldve easily stayed with Mac and Ari for a while until Dean came home. They definitely have a spare bedroom with Nikau gone. For all her talk about not wanting to be treated like a kid, she was awfully quick to act like an entitled bratty one instead of maybe understanding Dean's feeling to the situation. Which brings me to 

2. From what I recall, when a situation has done a number on his emotional state, Dean has always left the bay to cool off somewhere. Bella shouldve known this by now and respected that he needed some space.

3. From what I know so far, Dean and Bella have never had the same kind of bond Colby and Willow have had with her. He always seemed to be the one who just called her out when she's acting like a petulant fool and not much else. Its naive to think theyre gonna be an instant family.

Tori was really getting on my nerves re the whole Jasmine thing when she argued with Christian and Justin (You could tell even Leah didn't entirely agree with her).  Once again coming across as high maintenance.

Wasn't expecting to see Angelo/Taylor and am surprised they are still showing Colby as his storyline is pretty much over.  I quite like Taylor and enjoy the scenes with Jasmine and hope she sticks around although I think it would be difficult for her to remain in the bay as apart from Jasmine she's barely interacted with anybody unless it's Colby related.

I am in agreement that Angelo should not be taking her back because it does seem like she's only going with him because Colby's unavailable (kind of like Shane and Dipi from Neighbours).  I think a fresh start is the best for both of them as presumably anytime they have an argument in the future, this case is always going to come up.

Quite intrigued by this storyline of Martha's son.  It's pretty major getting married and not telling your husband.  I will say though, the reaction and the sheer look of disbelief on Roo's face when Martha told her was absolutely wonderful.?  Just priceless.  It was worth Martha telling her just to see that.

I get the impression Martha didn't actually marry Kieran's father, although I could be wrong.She didn't tell Kieran about remarrying at the time since they'd lost touch, but she told him when she was in Merimbula so he knows now.

Today!

Dean was pretty rubbish as a guardian for Bella the last time Colby was unavailable, constantly yelling at her unnecessarily and kicking Nikau and Ryder out of the flat for no good reason, but she doesn't really need someone to parent her, she just needs company.It would have been awkward to have her staying with Ari and Tane without Nik, and she'd already pushed Ziggy away, but Mackenzie's convinced her to go back to the farm now and it's probably the best place for her.She did seem to give Dean a bit too much credit, saying he wouldn't bail on her without a good reason or go back to Mangrove River.Ari seemed to understand Dean better, but then he's perhaps seen a side of Dean that no-one else did.(Not even Colby, who'd cleared off at the time.)

Martha spilled the beans just in time with Kieran turning up.He seems pleasant on the surface but it feels like he's having to make a constant effort to keep the other side of him under control.But hey, at least he's trying, so points for that.Alf's perhaps being a bit too dictatorial but time will tell.Roo's certainly right about the family tree being complicated: That's four half-siblings she's had now, none of whom were full siblings to each other!

Well, Taylor might be spending time with Angelo by default with Thorne no longer an option, but at least they both seem to be making an effort and I guess there must have been something between them once.

Hopefully Kieran will be the villan I want the show to have a proper baddie 

So Dean gets with a River girl we have never heard of Shame she wasn't around when the Braxtons were 

But Dean and now that Colby is in prison I'm losing interest 

Angelo don't take Taylor back

Edited by pembie

11 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Dean was pretty rubbish as a guardian for Bella the last time Colby was unavailable, constantly yelling at her unnecessarily and kicking Nikau and Ryder out of the flat for no good reason, but she doesn't really need someone to parent her, she just needs company.It would have been awkward to have her staying with Ari and Tane without Nik, and she'd already pushed Ziggy away, but Mackenzie's convinced her to go back to the farm now and it's probably the best place for her.She did seem to give Dean a bit too much credit, saying he wouldn't bail on her without a good reason or go back to Mangrove River.Ari seemed to understand Dean better, but then he's perhaps seen a side of Dean that no-one else did.(Not even Colby, who'd cleared off at the time.)

Im gonna need context for the yelling and kicking out stuff. When did he do that to her and why. From what Im seeing of her now, Im not going to fault Dean for getting pushed to his breaking point.

Though it does confirm my point that they never had that type of relationship and Colby being in jail shouldnt instantly change that.

Nephlim14 -It wouldn't be  a good idea for Bella to stay at the Parata's with all that is going on with Leon and Paul, that is why Ari and Tane sent Nik to stay with Gemma after all.  But at least Mac has now persuaded her to stay at the farm.  I'd say Bella has a right to act 'bratty', she's lost her only blood family for 25 years and both the others have gone AWOL.  The other times Dean has cleared off Bella has had Colby or Willow for company so it's not been as important he stick around  as whatever it was didn't immediately affect her. 

Dean may not have been as close to Bella as Colby and Willow but he did put up the money for her TAF course so does care about her. 

Ari has seen a side of Dean none of the others have as they weren't inside with him, inmates do tell each other things they wouldn't tell  family and friends, so good guess by him to seek him out in Mangrove River.  Two random ladies for Dean, wow doesn't hang about does he? Was it just me or did random lady no.1 resemble Willow both in looks and attitude??

Rosetta and Taylor did have a long, meaningful talk and he, if I'm not mistaken, admitted he was partly to blame for her being susceptible to Colby's seduction.  He's even gone as far as taking time off work so must be wanting it to work.  I may not be  a fan of his, but I hope it works as they are going.  They obviously did have a good marriage once until the job got in the way, maybe starting with Rosetta getting the wrong man put away so he's been having to prove himself since. 

Maz may be ditzy at times but this time she was very cool the way she handled this complete stranger who was asking lots of questions about a friend of hers and claiming he knew her very well, he was coming over a bit pushy but she didn't waver. She certainly got a shock when she told Martha about him and Martha revealed who he was, Martha was still being a bit cagey as to Kieran's other 'issues'  before he got into drink.  Had to smile when Marilyn reappeared and Kieran discovered she lived in the house, is he going to be staying there too or in a van?

Alf was being Alf, but more so because it is Martha who is involved. By the look on Kieran's face when she introduced herself it seemed - to me - Martha hadn't told him about Roo.  If he is a fairly new recovering alcoholic he would be tense and being on his best behaviour.  

It does seem to have echoes of  Sons & Daughters doesn't it?? Roo now has three, although one is dead,  half brothers and one half sister so  unless Alf has any other children he didn't know about that should be it.   Oh and Ryder has another half uncle.  

Dean getting about, eh?

I wouldn't be surprised if Northern District CSA begins breathing down his neck for unpaid maintenence in the near future, maybe Jai ain't the only kid? :

Kieran is Ryder's Step-Uncle, if we're to get technical. Maybe he needs to talk someone , notably Irene who's walked that rope with the demon drink and had at least 3-4 relapses, no less.