2020 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Well Dean came back, and while I do understand he's got a lot of issues going on, Ziggy and John did not deserve that bellowing match from him, especially John, I mean, how was he suppose to know? Also, I know a lot of people don't like Amber, 

Spoiler

and I feel like I'm going to know why later

but she does raise a very good point concerning Dean and Jai: Dean's got more responsibilities, he can't just run off without telling anyone. I do appreciate him apologising to Ziggy and her, as well as him disapproving of Colby trespassing to threaten Ziggy. I hope he'll confront Colby tomorrow about it, though with Jai in possible trouble, it wouldn't be the best time. I admit, I did smile to see Dean's scenes with Jai, he is trying, but some things were out of his control. I hope Jai will be alright. ? Also, I did find Ziggy calling her parents in Italy rather touching. 

Meanwhile, I enjoyed Ryder and Alf's scenes, they were very nicely done. I also really liked the moment when Ryder was considering picking a good path for his life. I also liked how Tori didn't overreact when she found out about Jasmine. I felt like her removing the AVO was inevitable, but I didn't expect it to be so soon. Then again, as Red said, it was long past time. I hope that they continue with Jasmine's recovery,  she's really improved, but I want to see it continue. I have mixed feelings about Tori and Dr Christian Grey. On one hand, I did find Tori's awkwardness funny and light-hearted compared to the majority of other stories, but I did cringe at a lot of Grey's 'pick-up' lines. I guess I'll have to wait and see what will happen between them. 

Dean couldn't stay away for ever and it's not just his business he deserted it's Ben's which he entrusted to him.  Though the mood he was in when he took off he would have been useless anyway.    Dean can't tell Amber what his problem is, not the real one anyway,  that would definitely put an end to him seeing Jai. I don't know how she would react if she was on her own but she is a mum  and has to think about her son. Jai seemed very lively when Amber dropped him off and I reckon if she thought he was in any way not well she wouldn't have left him.  I'm sure Dean kept him well fed and watered so I hope he doesn't get the blame for whatever is wrong with him. Little kids his age can develop fevers vey quickly. He did the  right thing by getting him into hospital.

Wonder if Maggie or Ben asked after Dean off screen and what if anything Ziggy told them?   

No point  Tori reminding Justin, rather forcefully, that he urged her to get out the AVO, of course he remembered, it was the fact he didn't have a lot of choice but to leave Grace alone with Jasmine.  Did the AVO have a time set on it?  Glad Tori has felt she can now trust Jasmine enough to spend time alone with Grace so has lifted it.  Though as D.B has suggested she should continue with her therapy sessions. 

Had to chuckle when Leah  said she was confused  when she said that in response to Justin saying he wanted to kiss Christian when he got his good news Christian replied that it must run in the family, I think Irene had an idea from the way she looked at Tori.  Christian re-payed the 'favour' when he kissed Tori.  

Going by the trailer it looked like Angelo was questioning Alf and Roo about the relationship between Colby, Dean and Willow - what was that all about and why was her asking them?

They were heart warming scenes between Alf, Ryder and Roo. Hope Ryder finds his answers. 

Alf's episode count this week:Four.

Probably a frightening experience for Dean, and indeed Jai.After Ziggy's discomfort in the previous episode, she, Dean and Jai actually made quite a good quasi-family here.A thawing between them if nothing else, but it might not be as easy to get past as Willow thinks.Nice that John dropped his grumpy old man act around Jai.Amber didn't sound all that sincere when talking to Willow, although she was more reasonable with Dean later. This does again raise the question of where Jai's been all the other times Amber's been out clubbing and having sleepovers.And then that bombshell at the end, as Angelo confirms for the first time that he "knows" Colby killed Ross.Still, it's hard to see Dean agreeing to spill everything.It sounded from Ziggy's side of the phone conversation yesterday as though her parents know she's moved back to the farm.

And Tori still being incredibly awkward about Christian, although she took a moment to open up about Robbo.

It crossed my mind last episode to ponder whether or not Ryder should be 20 by now.But checking, he celebrated his birthday near the end of October and these episodes aired in Australia at the beginning of October, so it's about right.

Edited by Red Ranger 1

On 29/10/2020 at 17:41, D.B said:

Well Dean came back, and while I do understand he's got a lot of issues going on, Ziggy and John did not deserve that bellowing match from him, especially John, I mean, how was he suppose to know? Also, I know a lot of people don't like Amber, 

Reveal hidden contents

and I feel like I'm going to know why later

but she does raise a very good point concerning Dean and Jai: Dean's got more responsibilities, he can't just run off without telling anyone. I do appreciate him apologising to Ziggy and her, as well as him disapproving of Colby trespassing to threaten Ziggy. I hope he'll confront Colby tomorrow about it, though with Jai in possible trouble, it wouldn't be the best time. I admit, I did smile to see Dean's scenes with Jai, he is trying, but some things were out of his control. I hope Jai will be alright. ? Also, I did find Ziggy calling her parents in Italy rather touching. 

On 30/10/2020 at 11:30, H&Alover said:

Dean couldn't stay away for ever and it's not just his business he deserted it's Ben's which he entrusted to him.  Though the mood he was in when he took off he would have been useless anyway.    Dean can't tell Amber what his problem is, not the real one anyway,  that would definitely put an end to him seeing Jai. I don't know how she would react if she was on her own but she is a mum  and has to think about her son. Jai seemed very lively when Amber dropped him off and I reckon if she thought he was in any way not well she wouldn't have left him.  I'm sure Dean kept him well fed and watered so I hope he doesn't get the blame for whatever is wrong with him. Little kids his age can develop fevers vey quickly. He did the  right thing by getting him into hospital.

Wonder if Maggie or Ben asked after Dean off screen and what if anything Ziggy told them?   

Id like to hear how either of you would feel like in Dean's circumstance. As far as im concerned leaving to blow off steam is better than sticking around and possibly lashing out. I didnt like how the first thing they both chose to do was get on his case about how his leaving inconvenienced them. They both should know Dean well enough to know he wouldnt have left like that unless it was for a serious reason and could have at least asked regarding how he was doing emotionally.

Ziggy dumped him. Of course the last thing on his mind would have been watching over HER family's business. And she knows full well why he would be under stress.

Amber needs to just plain pick a lane before getting on him about his responsibility to Jai. She should know Dean couldnt take off unless it was serious, especially since he practically had to fight her to even see whaat Jai looked like. And yeah Im still hanging on to the possibility that Jai isnt his and current storylines now have me HOPING its not the case.

Im not saying they shouldnt have brought up these issues with him, I just wished they had shown a bit more empathy instead of just jumping to calling him a deadbeat.

Yeh,  I know it was Alf and John Angelo quizzed.   That'll teach them to have a conversation  like that in a pubic place, though people will still do it. 

Does Angelo 'know' or is he just fishing hoping someone will slip up?

Although it was because of a scary experience it was nice to see Ziggy be there for Dean.  Amber, after her initial panic,  seemed rather ambivalent about Dean rushing Jai to hospital when it wasn't him anyway it was Tori who decided it was serious enough.  Dean did the right thing in his stopping Amber taking Jai home if she was still smelling of booze.  One thing lying to Dean that Jai is his, but lying to Jai is another thing altogether, unless she really believes Jai is his.  I know Amber has mentioned her mum looking after Jai in the past.  Delicate way of putting it Red - sleepovers. ?

It may have  Ben's business but it's now his. Ben hasn't done anything to him  and I don't believe Dean is that petty.  

Tori and Christian, her revealing to Christian about Robbo was nice without going into too much detail.  She has been out of practice again regards the dating scene. 

:offtopic:Do they not have a GP surgery/medical centre anywhere near the bay, like in Yabby Creek, it's always the hospital people get taken to whatever is wrong with them. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nephlim14 said:

Id like to hear how either of you would feel like in Dean's circumstance. As far as im concerned leaving to blow off steam is better than sticking around and possibly lashing out. I didnt like how the first thing they both chose to do was get on his case about how his leaving inconvenienced them. They both should know Dean well enough to know he wouldnt have left like that unless it was for a serious reason and could have at least asked regarding how he was doing emotionally.

Ziggy dumped him. Of course the last thing on his mind would have been watching over HER family's business. And she knows full well why he would be under stress.

Amber needs to just plain pick a lane before getting on him about his responsibility to Jai. She should know Dean couldnt take off unless it was serious, especially since he practically had to fight her to even see whaat Jai looked like. And yeah Im still hanging on to the possibility that Jai isnt his and current storylines now have me HOPING its not the case.

Im not saying they shouldnt have brought up these issues with him, I just wished they had shown a bit more empathy instead of just jumping to calling him a deadbeat.

I do agree that him going away for a while to cool his head is definitely better than him staying around waiting to explode, especially with Colby breathing down his neck every five minutes, you are right there. I also agree with you concerning Amber, especially concerning Friday's episode, she doesn't really have a high ground anymore about responsibility to her own kid. The main point I was concerned about was that, well again, Ziggy and John didn't deserve that bellowing from him. He's under a lot of pressure, I do understand that (though a lot less if he just talked to Angelo), but John wouldn't have really knew what was actually going on with Dean, though you do make a good point about him doing Dean well enough at this point. Then again, John has kind of always been that way no matter who it is. Ziggy I can also excuse because it's clear she still loves Dean, yet she's still reeling under the revelation, (Also, I thought that maybe they could have talked about the surf shop before Dean left, so I did feel like they needed to talk about it straight away. Well maybe). That's just my opinion anyway. Maybe a little empathy could have made things easier, but I do feel more on Ziggy's side, because she's got her issues going on too. I hope you get it.

Anyway, Friday's episode:

I'm really glad Jai's okay, and again I did find Dean's concern and relief very nice. It was also good of Ziggy being supportive of both Dean and Jai, but I'm not surprised that Ziggy still feels wary about the idea of a relationship with Dean again. I mean, she's still getting her head around what he told her, so naturally she wouldn't be comfortable with the idea with Ross's murder hanging over their heads. I am surprised that Angelo would straight out tell Dean that he knows that Colby killed Ross, like does he have proof to back this up? I mean, I'm glad he found out and that he's on the right track, but I also hope it's revealed how he found out this other than suspicion. Whatever the case, he'll need to do more to get Dean to think about the idea of talking to him. I've already said my piece on Amber above, she's lost the moral high ground about complaining to Dean about looking after Jai. 

Tori and Christian's scenes continue to be awkward, really the only moment I laughed at was when Justin was saying goodbye to the nurses. Tori telling him about Robbo was nice, though a little bit jaded by her not telling the full story about what she did. Though then again, actually, it's not surprising, like how exactly would that come into conversation?

48 minutes ago, H&Alover said:

It may have  Ben's business but it's now his. Ben hasn't done anything to him  and I don't believe Dean is that petty.  

It wasnt really about Dean being petty or punishing Ben. Its just about Dean being in a state where the business was the LAST thing on his mind. Plus, Im still new to Dean's run on the show, so what was the agreement between  Dean and Ben regarding the business? If the place is really signed over to Dean then what he does with it shouldnt affect Ben or anyone else in Ziggy's family. Speaking of which, why couldnt Ziggy run the business? I just want to get the context because Ziggy acted like the situation could have affected her family financially.

39 minutes ago, D.B said:

I do agree that him going away for a while to cool his head is definitely better than him staying around waiting to explode, especially with Colby breathing down his neck every five minutes, you are right there. I also agree with you concerning Amber, especially concerning Friday's episode, she doesn't really have a high ground anymore about responsibility to her own kid. The main point I was concerned about was that, well again, Ziggy and John didn't deserve that bellowing from him. He's under a lot of pressure, I do understand that (though a lot less if he just talked to Angelo), but John wouldn't have really knew what was actually going on with Dean, though you do make a good point about him doing Dean well enough at this point. Then again, John has kind of always been that way no matter who it is. Ziggy I can also excuse because it's clear she still loves Dean, yet she's still reeling under the revelation, (Also, I thought that maybe they could have talked about the surf shop before Dean left, so I did feel like they needed to talk about it straight away. Well maybe). That's just my opinion anyway. Maybe a little empathy could have made things easier, but I do feel more on Ziggy's side, because she's got her issues going on too. I hope you get it.

You do have a point, Ziggy is still anxious after what she learned. It just chafes when I see soap operas show that double standard. But still, when you constantly poke at someone, they snap. Im pretty sure thats just how it is.

John on the other hand.........Like I said, Im still new to the show currently and getting to know the characters. John is new to me, but it seems like he either has some long standing grudge with Dean or he's another cranky/snarky old guy that likes taking jabs at younger people (which unimpresses me the same way Alf does). If that is the case then Ive got zero sympathy for him. I know from certain people in my life that when you spend most your time taking shots at people, you shouldnt be surprised if someone either reaches their breaking point or just doesnt have the mood to put up with it. 

Dean seems pretty convinced that Angelo doesn't have any solid proof, though personally I think that: (WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW)

Spoiler

Angelo has already talked to a certain witness, and is trying to get closer evidence. 

Angelo may already have evidence, he just wanted to mislead Dean just in case he wasn't able to convince him. It was frustrating to see Dean not budging at all (though I guess it was so they could keep the story going, though there was no need for it to go on at this point at all), but it was satisfying to see Dean actually consider it and to see him lash out at Colby. I still wish Dean and Willow had woken up to what Colby is really like before he made the downgrade from an unrepentant murdering jerk to increasingly unhinged, but it was still extremely satisfying to see Dean call Colby out and realising he's not a good friend, no matter how much concern Colby showed towards him. I'm not entirely sure where I stand with Willow at this point, because she's also getting sick of Colby's behaviour but she's also trying to keep peace between them despite the fact that any chance of repairing their """"""family"""""" is long sunk. Meanwhile I was rolling my eyes so hard it hurt when Colby confronted Angelo. The fact that he considers Angelo conducting a complete legal investigation (you know, his job!!) as "harassing", yet he can trespass into other people's homes, threaten and blackmail them, and guilt-tripping a young girl and he'll call it "protecting our family", it would be funny if it wasn't so deranging. I mean, I don't get how the show is expecting us to root for Colby here at all (then again, I'm not sure why they wanted us to root for him at all). At the risk of sounding like a broken record, all I'm hoping for is for Angelo to lock him up soon. And now Colby of all people is trying to get dirt on him. Though then again, I'm actually surprised Angelo's past (which would be very easy to use against him) hasn't been more acknowledged. Colby's wrong in doing this of course (as he's been wrong in everything he's been doing since he found out where Ross was holding Bella. Getting Bella away from Ross is for the best, but Colby's isn't a better alternative either), but Angelo doesn't really have a shining reputation. (I'm firmly on Rosetta's side in this storyline, but I'm still also not a fan of him. Still, prefer him than Colby). 

Justin and Leah continue to be actually funny and nice to watch, while they were teasing Tori about her and Christian. It was good to see the pair working professionally while working on the patient, and to see Christian with a professional side, but I think that Tori was jumping to conclusions regarding him and Jasmine. I mean, wasn't she just talking about her and Robbo being just friends last episode, so she knows that a man and a woman (while rare) can be just friends in the Bay? I felt her passionate aggression was uncalled for towards Jasmine, and unfortunately, the promo suggests Tori's still keeping that frosty attitude towards her. I mean, if she feels as though Christian is acting like a slime, then it's good that she confronts him, but Jasmine hasn't really done anything wrong here. 

Edited by D.B
  • Like 1