2020 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

14 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I was also glad to see Ryder and Bella having a bit of a scene together (his list of volunteer jobs was bizarre!)

Ryder himself *is* Bizzare (And that's why I think he's the best character under 30 on this show!)

Reckon he and Miles would have been kindred spirits!?

20 hours ago, c120701 said:

I’ve heard Tahnee, Tahneh, Tahnay, Tanay...

You's pays your money and takes your pick. ?

I did feel sorry for Nik, he was trying to be sympathetic  to Bella - with no strings attached - and one moment she's accepting  of his ready ear, then the next sending  him off with a flea in it. 

Although Bella's tirade at Taylor - not for the first time - about her stopping seeing Colby didn't work Jasmine's calm talk to Colby did appear to bring him to his senses.  She doesn't know he's turned to the dark side and still thinks he's the decent guy she knew when she first came to the bay.  The one who was a good cop and was looking for his sister and mum.  The one she had a brief fling with until she let slip he had been a River Boy. He did send Taylor away and tell her it was over, though whether that is the end we'll have to wait and see.  I love it when Bella fights back, something she wouldn't have been able to do with Ross btw. 

I may be way, way off here but did it look like Tane was having trouble filling in that application form?  I don't see why he was so defensive about telling Ari he had a job at the garage.:unsure:  Interesting talk between Ari and Mac re her reluctance to spend the night at his,  seemed reasonable enough, but is it for her sake or Tane's. 

Orphaned koala's sanctuary or teaching.  What would suit Ryder best?  I liked how he was there for both Nik and Bella. 

Edited by H&Alover

I felt a little bit sorry for Ari when he did seem to be making a genuine effort with Tane and was getting the cold shoulder.  Not sure he deserves sympathy given how he's acted towards Tane previously.  I didn't like the way Mackenzie asked Ari to square things with Tane about him being around her though as it seemed a bit selfish.  She should just give Tane some space.

Have to say crazy Jasmine's looking quite tasty.

Very surprised Angelo hasn't sussed Taylor and Colby yet, given how he seems to turn up everywhere and presumably he's been doing quite a bit of following.  I actually thought he might already have found out about them in yesterday's episode the way he was looking at Taylor when they were at Salt and they were talking about the case.

I am interested in seeing where this storyline with Colby goes.  It's interesting seeing him act less and less rationally given how the net is closing in and being more sociopathic.  Part of me thinks he's going to go further into oblivion although the other part (like other people) thinks the arrogant side will kick in and he will relish not only trying to get away with it but more importantly beat Angelo.

The Bella/Nikau stuff is like watching paint dry.

4 hours ago, H&Alover said:

I may be way, way off here but did it look like Tane was having trouble filling in that application form?  I don't see why he was so defensive about telling Ari he had a job at the garage.:unsure:  Interesting talk between Ari and Mac re her reluctance to spend the night at his,  seemed reasonable enough, but is it for her sake or Tane's. 

I think he was having a hard time filling in that application form because he was having 'identity crisis'. I think he was missing his old life, the one Ari didn't approve off, and wasn't really sure if he wanted to start a new job just to be on Ari's good side. He told Nik before if it wasn't for him he would've left the Bay. Ari decided that he wanted out of criminal world (not that I blame him) and expected everyone else in the family to follow him, when Tane refused Ari cut him off and told him to stay away from Nik.  

The reason why he was so defensive was because he wanted Ari not to assume he would go back doing dodgy deals, but Ari being Ari he brought that up. And on the top of that he was angry at Ari and Mac for blaming him for their problems. Regarding Mac, I still think she's pretty much into Tane and it will be interesting to see the way she handles the situation now that he said he was done. 

Edited by Lila_Q

Alf's episode count this week:Suspended.

It feels as though Ari and Tane's disagreement, which started off being about Mackenzie, has segued back into the old issues they used to have.Ari was well-intentioned here but probably shouldn't have pushed it as far as he did.Ziggy gave good advice in theory, but in practice it's resulted in him going back to his old bad habits in an attempt to prove he's still the same person.Mackenzie's decision to go round Ari's, apparently in response to Ryder's comment about not being kept apart, was kind of interesting.

Ryder and Jasmine: That's not a combination we usually see, but I like seeing characters interact who don't normally. With professional busy bodies Irene and Marilyn uncharacteristically deciding to stay out of things, it's left to them to step up.I wouldn't have been remotely bothered if Bella and Nikau hadn't got back together, but I'll admit that that reunion scene in the gym is possibly the first time they've actually worked for me as a couple.

I suppose from Tane's point of view Ari turning up with the pizzas on his first day it would feel like Ari was checking up on him when it was quite innocent.  Tane was reluctant to go and pick them up as he knew Mac would be on shift so he is doing his best to keep out of her way. Loved it when Ziggy told Tane to SIT. 

Tane was a bit cagey when Ziggy asked about his life before he came to the bay, it did come across that he missed it, being the go to guy, having his mates around him, having money.   Now he's doing regular, legal work. But what on earth was he thinking of,  keeping a van load of stolen goods in the garage overnight, that has so got something going wrong written all over it.  Ziggy, who doesn't know his history, has entrusted him with the keys and  that is the first thing he does??  It hasn't been the first time the garage has been used to do dodgy business though.  

That plan of Jasmine and Ryder's could have gone so wrong, as they don't know why she dumped him, but thankfully it worked and it was fun to see them together, they made a good team.  Bella loves Nik enough not to want him more involved than he already is, but as he told her it is his decision to make.  Irene and Marilyn were making the right noises about how Bella must be feeling about the investigation into her dad's murder, but of course they don't know she already knows who killed him. 

Angelo isn't  as good a detective as he thinks he is then is he? ?  Bella always handles herself a lot better around Angelo than either Colby or Dean does. 

On 13/11/2020 at 18:03, Slade said:

I felt a little bit sorry for Ari when he did seem to be making a genuine effort with Tane and was getting the cold shoulder.  Not sure he deserves sympathy given how he's acted towards Tane previously.  I didn't like the way Mackenzie asked Ari to square things with Tane about him being around her though as it seemed a bit selfish.  She should just give Tane some space.

Have to say crazy Jasmine's looking quite tasty.

Very surprised Angelo hasn't sussed Taylor and Colby yet, given how he seems to turn up everywhere and presumably he's been doing quite a bit of following.  I actually thought he might already have found out about them in yesterday's episode the way he was looking at Taylor when they were at Salt and they were talking about the case.

I am interested in seeing where this storyline with Colby goes.  It's interesting seeing him act less and less rationally given how the net is closing in and being more sociopathic.  Part of me thinks he's going to go further into oblivion although the other part (like other people) thinks the arrogant side will kick in and he will relish not only trying to get away with it but more importantly beat Angelo.

The Bella/Nikau stuff is like watching paint dry.

Jasmine is NOT crazy.   She's slowly getting her life together after still grieving over the loss over Robbo.   Yes her behaviour RE Tori/Grace wasn't right recently and she was in the wrong, but at the same time she was mentally/emotionally in the right place and needed help, which Tori eventually realised and after a time of arguments, frustrations, stubborness on both parts the ice finally thawed and Jasmine agreed to seek help, she lost the future that she wanted with Robbo and her chance to have kids with him, she was feeling hurt and pain over that too.

I'm glad she is in a better place now, but seeing Christian suddenly coming into Tori's life and potentially becoming a potential Dad figure to Baby Grace will certainly make Jasmine feel a bit sad, don't think it's anything personal to them and she'll want them to be happy, but it's more of Jasmine still clinging onto the last bit of Robbo she has and the fact that he's missing out on his child growing up that is probably still most upsetting to her.

• Like 1

Tane's attempt to go back to his bad old ways didn't exactly work out for him. His ego boost seemed to see him back on good terms with Ari and Mackenzie, but now he's left with a van full of stolen goods that he's meant to be looking after indefinitely.Ziggy somehow failed to notice that the van owner went from male to female in between tellings, but then stumbles across Tane with an even more smoking gun.He's at risk of losing everything here just because he wanted to prove something to himself.

Not exactly bad news for Justin but neither of the treatments is exactly what he wanted.Having surgery every few weeks isn't really viable, but radiotherapy isn't going to leave him fit and active either.Nervous Schoolgirl Tori gets another outing and Christian did well defusing the situation.Ari and Mackenzie's little chat about their own "first date" was quite fun as well.

The Paratas need their own drinking game.

Take a shot everytime

- Tane does something stupid

- Ari gets agro

- Nikau does both of the above

- At least one of the above is in the sack with his girl

Cane your drink if;

- Colby or any Cop bowls up on the doorstep 

(Note if you're doing this with Bourbon, don't bother going into work tomorrow! ?)

• Haha 1

I  missed the male to female switch.   Tane was quite cool with Mac having staying over so Mac was panicking about nothing. ?  I like the teasing between Ari and Mac, very light hearted and I think they make a good couple.

Tane fretting about the guy not turning up for the van obviously got him all twitchy again which is why he grumped about it being Ari checking up on him again.  As it turned out it wasn't Ari, he'd just made that up, but it got Ziggy suspicious enough she went back to the garage and bam, Tane is busted.  

Something Justin needs to think about very carefully, neither is absolutely guaranteed to get rid of it completely, it's more of a case of which has the most chance of doing the job better.  It would be quite draining having an op every few weeks or so but radiography isn't a walk in the park either, though some people get through it better than others with less side effects, but that you wouldn't know until you'd started it. Is Justin going to be telling Ava about the latest diagnosis/prognosis?  She'll be expecting him to be getting better and coming to see her.  He can talk it over with Tori and Leah all he likes but ultimately it's his decision.   Which ever choice he makes it looks like Tane, if Ziggy doesn't fire him, will be helping out at the garage for the foreseeable. 

Irene is in on the secret it's come back then - but no-one else?

Once again Tori opens the door to Christian looking a right mess - Tori that is.?  Christian looked his usual hot self. She was a bit taken aback when he told her it was Justin he'd come to see.    Leah chucking them out, sorry, asking them to leave so she and Justin could talk, was a good move, they also got to talk. Christian did make reference it was tricky when he was addressing a fellow medic when his patient was their brother.   Funny how Tori was whinging earlier Christian hadn't followed up on his hint he'd 'see' her when he came back, then she completely missed his actually asking her out. He did have other things on his mind to be fair.   It has been a long while since she went on a date so understandable she was nervous.  Just as well it was white wine she knocked over, the date would have ended right there and then.  He did enjoy winding her up.

I hope Jasmine isn't getting ahead in her thinking when she saw Christian holding Grace, he and Tori have only been on one date and it is up to Tori if she lets him get to know Grace and by how much, Grace must be a year now so will be aware of the people around her. 

Our last week of H&A until January.?:(