2020 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I saw Dean and Willow gave up trying to wrap up Jai's bike, the paper have been off in two seconds flat anyway. ? 

To be kind of fair to Francesca she has been in Jai's life since in her words 'before he was born' and helped raised him.  Didn't like Fran's jibe when she added that she was there when Dean wasn't.  Excuse me but wasn't it Amber's decision not to tell Dean? Karen, through no fault of her own, hasn't.  She was a psycho when Amber first knew her, but her plain stubbornness not to even talk to her is wearing thin. 

We don't know what kind of life Francesca herself has had but I imagine it may have a tough one, she did lose her son in a tragic accident, her daughter fell pregnant and in her eyes the dad did a bunk, she had a swipe at Willow about that, blaming her for the fact Dean had slept with Amber after being dumped by her.  Amber had said before she had been a rebound resulting in Jai. The way she was talking about it it did seem she blamed Dean, but he didn't get off lightly, he was badly injured wrecking his football career and ended up in prison.  Amber knows Colby was involved, has she not told her mum? Willow, Colby, Dean were all part of the same 'gang' so maybe Jai and Amber were too but not as close. John who quite innocently mentioned threw the other adults into quickly changing the subject. It seemed, to me,  Francesca is losing her power over Amber and not liking it, Amber overruled her in taking Jai for his cake at the Diner. Despite all the adults sniping at each other Jai had a lovely time.  

Justin, Leah and Christian did do a good job in keeping Tori  out of the way, mainly thanks to Leah and nearly worked.  It would have been good for us to know that Justin and Leah did know about not all the tumour had been removed.  I was surprised Tori  demanded Christian tell her about Justin's results,  as a doctor she'd know he couldn't without Justin's OK, she's been in that position herself.  Just do as Christian said and ask Justin. 

That 'advice' is rather odd. 

1 hour ago, H&Alover said:

I saw Dean and Willow gave up trying to wrap up Jai's bike, the paper have been off in two seconds flat anyway. ? 

To be kind of fair to Francesca she has been in Jai's life since in her words 'before he was born' and helped raised him.  Didn't like Fran's jibe when she added that she was there when Dean wasn't.  Excuse me but wasn't it Amber's decision not to tell Dean? Karen, through no fault of her own, hasn't.  She was a psycho when Amber first knew her, but her plain stubbornness not to even talk to her is wearing thin. 

We don't know what kind of life Francesca herself has had but I imagine it may have a tough one, she did lose her son in a tragic accident, her daughter fell pregnant and in her eyes the dad did a bunk, she had a swipe at Willow about that, blaming her for the fact Dean had slept with Amber after being dumped by her.  Amber had said before she had been a rebound resulting in Jai. The way she was talking about it it did seem she blamed Dean, but he didn't get off lightly, he was badly injured wrecking his football career and ended up in prison.  Amber knows Colby was involved, has she not told her mum? Willow, Colby, Dean were all part of the same 'gang' so maybe Jai and Amber were too but not as close. John who quite innocently mentioned threw the other adults into quickly changing the subject. It seemed, to me,  Francesca is losing her power over Amber and not liking it, Amber overruled her in taking Jai for his cake at the Diner. Despite all the adults sniping at each other Jai had a lovely time.  

Amber and her mom are the type of people you DONT want to deal with in a co parenting situation. They can use Jai to justify themselves all they want, but Not only are they bitter, theyre so self involved they cant even try to keep peace with Dean for Jai's sake.

Also Dean had a football career?

• Like 1

The highlights this week have been Ziggy putting on a really brave face, even when she was told the bad news from Justin and when Marilyn was poking into her life. She's dealing with a lot and yet she's just doing what she can to keep busy as well as being supportive to Mac and Tane and everyone else, and I really admire that, though I do raise questions about Justin saying he thought her and Dean were "rock-solid", as if she wasn't married to his brother not long ago. Justin and Leah's scenes also continue to be very lovely to watch (I especially laughed when Justin spilt on what was going on with Tori to Jasmine), though poor Justin's still not out of the woods yet. I do get why he would want to keep Tori out of it (and I did find Justin and Leah edging around her kind of funny if not tragic), but I also do understand why she would be upset not to know, even if she was rather harsh towards Justin after their talk at the diner.

I'm also beginning to see why so many people are liking Tori and Christian. They actually work off each other well once Tori dealt with her suspicions and we see more of Christian's sincere side, espeially considering Justin's condition. I'm glad that it showed she wasn't as confrontational towards Jasmine than I once thought she was, though we could have done without that extremely awkward conversation, when it's clear she still thought something was going on between Jasmine and Christian. Jasmine teasing the pair was also pretty good, a indication she's making great progress on the path to recovery. Christian behaved rather well when talking to Tori about Justin, and I'm glad they were able to sort out that tension before focusing on their job. 

Okay, now everything else:

I can understand why Owen still wouldn't be feeling at that better, but even I was as surprised as Roo at his abrupt decision to leave. I do understand why he would want some time away to figure things out, but I would have thought he would have gotten straight away how Roo could have gotten the wrong picture without Alf having to point it out to him. So both of them have left and hopefully Owen will feel more adjusted when he comes back, and now Alf's left to see Martha. Ryder proved himself the most helpful with Roo, his advice I felt was better than Irene's, and he also proved a good listener for Nikau and Mac too. 

I can see both sides on the whole Dean-Amber situation even if Amber was at times flippant regarding her issues to Dean and there's so many times she can threaten to keep Jai away from him. I do feel sorry for Dean having to choose between his son and his mother. I mean, I get why Amber would be uncomfortable about letting Karen near her son, though it wouldn't be that bad if she actually met her just to get a glimpse, so she could have a better idea of what Karen was like now. Amber's attitude doesn't help her case whatsoever. Jai continues to be adorable, and I really liked Bella's scenes with him. Unfortunately speaking of..

I don't know what else I can say about the murder storyline, other than Colby continues to be an arrogant pr*** who doesn't let anyone have their say while he insists, no, demand that they listen to what he has to say. He so delusional that he believes Angelo's in the wrong for doing his job and openly smirks at the idea of ruining a man's reputation and exploiting the woman he's sleeping with. Bella (Along with everyone else) really should just give up on Colby at this point, it's clear from her talk with Taylor and Nikau that she's still determined to save Colby, which is a shame because I was hoping that she just let Colby dig himself deeper into his hole. While I do feel some sympathy for Taylor, I also do wish she would wake up instead of walking right into her 'Saint Colby' attitude, when he's clearly using her. I don't believe for a minute we're suppose to believe that Colby actually cares for Taylor, not really. I give her some points that at least she wants to believe that Colby isn't a murderer, though that interrogation wasn't much, unlike everyone else who knows and is just going along with it, but when she asked Colby if she was just collateral in his campaign against Angelo, it's then I wish Taylor broke it off with him without Bella trying to pester her into doing so. Meanwhile, Angelo remains confident that Colby's the man he's looking for, and I would like to see why he thinks so other than just a feeling. I mean, I applauded him when he criticised Colby for thinking he can get away with murder, but what does he have? Speaking of Angelo, kind of confused to his timeline here. He was removed from the force back in 2009/10 (or at least I think that was it), he left the Bay in 2011. That's 9 years, so is that enough for him to not only apply back into the force, but to reach the rank of detective. I would also appreciate more mentions of what Angelo back in the day, such as more mention of Jack or the Hugo/Martha situation. 

I think the problem is that a part of Dean agrees with Amber: Even Colby pretty much agrees with her. He knows that Karen isn't the same person that she was when Amber knew her, but he knows that she could be. I actually quite liked Dean and Amber's scenes here.She did backtrack a bit on her threat (although she shouldn't have made it in the first place) and let him know how much Jai liked his present.And her reminiscing about Dean as a little boy coming round for a feed was quite sweet in a tragic sort of way.

Tori didn't listen to Christian's advice about respecting Justin's privacy, but at least they had a talk and made their peace so...that's all right? Apart from the whole "tumour coming back" thing, of course.Leah saying it was really nice catching up when Tori rumbled her decoy was slightly amusing.

I'm not sure why Colby saw this as a game changer: Surely Angelo's already told Dean that he "knows" Colby killed Ross, and Dean's told Colby? Also, I don't recall Colby giving Taylor chapter and verse of his official account of the last time he saw Ross, although I guess his mentioning of not seeing Ross since he shot Willow here could have been enough for her to fill in a few blanks. "Detective" isn't exactly a rank, by the way, it's more of a department or position: Angelo could probably have retrained as soon as he joined the force. Either way, I did quite like him freaking Colby out with his "I know what you did and I'm going to prove it" glare at the end. Thorne finally worked out that he'd be better off being friendly towards Angelo rather than making trouble for him, but it's far too late...

• Like 1

Dean nearly had a football career, he suffered a knee injury in the crash which put paid to it. Of course back then he didn't know who his dad was and he  had been a big footie star. 

Amber did calm down enough for her and Dean to have a civilised talk about Karen where he had to admit he couldn't guarantee she'd always be OK if she and Jai did meet.  It would put pressure on her even if she was taking her meds. the last time we saw her she was struggling to cope which is why she later checked herself back into hospital.  She did give Ben some good advice, this was when he was struggling with his depression.  Colby echoed what Willow said about Amber not knowing  the new Karen, but could also see where Amber was coming from.  There will, of course, come a time when Jai will want to meet his other nan and Amber won't be able to fob him off.   I'm guessing Amber hasn't told Francesca that not only is Colby in the bay but a cop to boot.  

I think, maybe Tori wouldn't have said anything to Justin, but she caught him rubbing his hand when he was sitting in the Diner and decided to grab the bull by it's horns and ask straight out why he was at the hospital.  At least now it is out there  so no more keeping secrets or playing hide and seek.  Justin was able to reassure Tori he didn't blame her for her decision to leave some of the tumour which as he rightly guessed she would do. She would know better than Christian how to handle her brother, the direct route being the best option. It does seem, like Justin said that it's returned very quickly.  Now as well Tori and Christian can work at finding a solution together even if she can't get too directly involved.   Also it seems a date is on the menu. 

Angelo 'knowing' Colby did it is one thing, but he needs proof, especially after his last **** up and that was an innocent man.  Hearsay isn't enough.  Didn't Taylor say she read about the other witnesses in the paper which would be true, more so as two cops were involved and we may not have seen Colby tell her the whole story.  Angelo and Colby just seem to enjoy pushing the other's buttons. When they first met Angelo didn't have any reason to suspect Colby, his and Bella's reaction to the fact they had found Ross' body was as it should be.  But suddenly Colby was on the top of his list, excluding anyone else and there were plenty.  Colby was only being 'friendly' as he had just spent the night with Taylor and was secretly gloating. 

Tane seems to be mainly pronounced as Tarnay. ?  

Edited by H&Alover

I think it's mostly between Tanay and Tahnay.

Well, I loved that for once when Colby tried to read Bella the riot act, she managed to turn it back on him and point out that this isn't going to end well.While she's not been the most rational in all this, Bella made some pertinent points to Taylor when asking whether she intends to end her marriage.I was also glad to see Ryder and Bella having a bit of a scene together (his list of volunteer jobs was bizarre!) and Jasmine being a supportive friend.Not really bothered about Bella sending Nikau away, so shame that seems to be the main focus tomorrow.

Not quite sure why Tane's being so short, hopefully they can all smooth things over.

4 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Dean nearly had a football career, he suffered a knee injury in the crash which put paid to it. Of course back then he didn't know who his dad was and he had  had been a big footie star. 

Amber did calm down enough for her and Dean to have a civilised talk about Karen where he had to admit he couldn't guarantee she'd always be OK if she and Jai did meet.  It would put pressure on her even if she was taking her meds. the last time we saw her she was struggling to cope which is why she later checked herself back into hospital.  She did give Ben some good advice, this was when he was struggling with his depression.  Colby echoed what Willow said about Amber not knowing  the new Karen, but could also see where Amber was coming from.  There will, of course, come a time when Jai will want to meet his other nan and Amber won't be able to fob him off.   I'm guessing Amber hasn't told Francesca that not only is Colby in the bay but a cop to boot.  

1. WOW! Den has really lost a LOT by trying to always back up Colby.

2. I still dont see why they cant just limit it to long distance contact then and have her come over on special occasions. Or at the very least, just tell her Jai exists and explain to her why they (Amber) dont want him left along with her. From what you said she had enough awareness to realize when she's slipping so its possible shell understand and accept whatever arrangemtn they could make.