Does anyone else want a break from crime?

project90

24 minutes ago, c120701 said:

It would help if the same characters weren’t involved in the crime stories all of the time.

This is true. There is almost like a heirarchy of crime, with golden boy Ash at the top, Robbo is up there too (along with the guest criminal of the moment, e.g. Mick) , and Brodie and Justin are down a level or two. Katarina Chapman is always involved too, as the resident cop. Concidentally these characters seem to get most of the airtime.

I guess some people may regard it as "boring" and others might think of it as "continuity and consistency".

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, c120701 said:

I think Home and Away refers to being out of or in prison now.

It would help if the same characters weren’t involved in the crime stories all of the time.

I agree. Since the riverboys came along  and they were always having the crime stories, and the other characters had the so-called "real life" stories, and one rarely affecting the other, the problem with this is that it basically means there are two different shows going on within the same show.

That's not "finding a balance" as the beloved producers love to constantly spout. That's splitting a show into two halves that don't mix, like oil and water.

27 minutes ago, Luke39 said:

OR the show rewards unreedemable characters. And punish the well meaning ones. 

Yes!, Like with Mick, they wanted to portray him as a man who changed, now I'm all for Rehabilitation for less violent and non violent and Drug Crimes, but, the way they portrayed him as changing and acting like he had a mental illness (People who do what he did do) but not saying what mental illness or Special need and acting like he is fine was wrong. I don't get why they portrayed him like that, I would say he may not do it again, but if they don't give us reason to actually think he has changed then what do they expect us to think.

I really dislike Robbo and on Facebook everyone is acting like "I wish that Ash would leave." and "I love Robbo, nothing at all was his fault." and also, "If Ash hadn't of..." What some people seem to forget is that Robbo violently held Kat, that should have raised alarm bells with Kat. I just don't get how people think him doing what he did was ok.

I think Crime should be toned down slightly, but not gone altogether, they just need more average teenage dramas and comedy or whatever like if Maggie said: "Mum went on a date last night, she is so happy."

51 minutes ago, David Deex said:

Yes!, Like with Mick, they wanted to portray him as a man who changed, now I'm all for Rehabilitation for less violent and non violent and Drug Crimes, but, the way they portrayed him as changing and acting like he had a mental illness (People who do what he did do) but not saying what mental illness or Special need and acting like he is fine was wrong. I don't get why they portrayed him like that, I would say he may not do it again, but if they don't give us reason to actually think he has changed then what do they expect us to think.

I really dislike Robbo and on Facebook everyone is acting like "I wish that Ash would leave." and "I love Robbo, nothing at all was his fault." and also, "If Ash hadn't of..." What some people seem to forget is that Robbo violently held Kat, that should have raised alarm bells with Kat. I just don't get how people think him doing what he did was ok.

I think Crime should be toned down slightly, but not gone altogether, they just need more average teenage dramas and comedy or whatever like if Maggie said: "Mum went on a date last night, she is so happy."

I don't think people were condoning what Robbo was doing. He had memory loss. So people had sympathy for him. And liked him. With Ash the show kept portraying him as this saint. Where as I don't think most of the audience see Ash like that. He has a criminal background. 

I think why Kat kept trusting him. Because she had this blind faith in him. 

Archived