Does anyone else want a break from crime?

project90

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does feel like H&A is not H&A any more. If it was still totally H&A it would focus on foster families, with some aspects of crime and vice, a balance. As said, I think that while it has a degree of crime, Neighbours is closer to Home And Away than Home And Away itself. It was very much H&A until 2005 but the show changed completely in 2005. 13 years ago, so the current format is 13 years old and with Louise coming back, I cannot ever see a revert to its roots for a long time. Then again Neighbours feels like Villainsborough at times.

16 hours ago, Skylover said:

I think the show is 80% crap these days, and has been since about 2006. If it was me I’d get rid of 100% of crime storylines. The crime stories aren’t even written well. In EastEnders you have loads of crimes and baddies but the storylines are generally written intelligently and in an engaging way. Characters in H&A Just wave guns around as if that’s exciting. Hell I like the Willow character but she was INTORODUCED to the show working for criminals but being portrayed as a HEROINE??? It’s ridiculous. Justin didn’t even bat an eyelid. The writers have got their heads so high in the clouds they’ve lost a sense of realism altogether and it shows.

I wish i could like this a million times, so true.

Villainsborough!:lol:

Tbf, No-one's a saint on that show.Paul's a convicted Fraudster, Karl, Steph, Toadie and Susan have vehicular convictions, Shane as we know has priors for burglary, Gary's done a stretch, Terese has been done for Perverting the course of justice, etc

8 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Villainsborough!:lol:

Tbf, No-one's a saint on that show.Paul's a convicted Fraudster, Karl, Steph, Toadie and Susan have vehicular convictions, Shane as we know has priors for burglary, Gary's done a stretch, Terese has been done for Perverting the course of justice, etc

Paige Tyler stolen car ring

Elly ran over an ex

Sonya crash in backpackers

Mark dodgy cop

Leo got a shady past

Interesting that more of Neighbours cast have criminal records than Home and Away but in my option the crime more consistent in Home and Away 

23 minutes ago, harrietjames said:

The police are more competent in Neighbours, the Crims are more competent in H&A?

I don't think the Summer Bay police would have let Paul get away with murder for 13 years! There's even less consequence for wrongdoing on Neighbours than there is on HA!

I actually think Home and Away is getting the balance about right.They do have problems with letting characters who are marked out as irredeemable off the hook too lightly (Hunter being treated as a lovely boy after leaving a trail of death and destruction, Mick being portrayed way too sympathetically for an unrepentant rapist) but they do seem to have toned it down somewhat: Ash has kept his nose mostly clean and Willow is kind of borderline dodgy rather than an out and out criminal.I'm hoping the show finds some way to exonerate Robbo, jury's still out on that one.I think since the middle of 2016 when we lost the Braxtons and Barretts the show has been moving away from criminals as protagonists and characters like the Morgans, while they get involved in a lot of crime storylines, are the victims rather than the perpetrators.It makes it easier to root for who the show wants us to root for.

Paul HAS paid in other ways (Loss of Kate, Convicted Ironically of deaths he didn't cause)

23 hours ago, project90 said:

Paige Tyler stolen car ring

Elly ran over an ex

Sonya crash in backpackers

Mark dodgy cop

Leo got a shady past

Interesting that more of Neighbours cast have criminal records than Home and Away but in my option the crime more consistent in Home and Away 

Forgot about Sonya's past for a sec (Her attack on Jade which resulted in a broken arm when she couldn't get money for a fix and probably few drink/drug charges and possibly went on the rob to feed her habit)

Archived