Does anyone else want a break from crime?

project90

Since I started watching we have had

Who killed Charlotte 

Kyle going to jail 

Billie's rape

The Morgan witness protection 

John being in jail

Brodie being on drugs 

Robbo showing up

I'm sure the crime link goes back further but, yeah, I think it's what I'm not liking about the show. As a new viewer again I don't think there would be much time in between the crimes I listed.  Not saying I would never want to see crime storylines again just have a break from it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, project90 said:

Since I started watching we have had

Who killed Charlotte 

Kyle going to jail 

Billie's rape

The Morgan witness protection 

John being in jail

Brodie being on drugs 

Robbo showing up

I'm sure the crime link goes back further but, yeah, I think it's what I'm not liking about the show. As a new viewer again I don't think there would be much time in between the crimes I listed.  Not saying I would never want to see crime storylines again just have a break from it.

No because I like it.  H&A knows how to write storylines in a way that makes it watchable unlike other soaps which went way over the top in 2006 and the  shows never recovered from it. 

8 hours ago, Luke39 said:

Crime is a part of coastal town life. But i feel the overload of the crime elements in the show is becoming a tad unrealistic. I Think more Family Life presented in Family Drama. Well be a welcome return in 2018. 

The ratio of the population of Summer Bay to the amount of crime must be off the chart :lol:

The cime stories can be dramatic and exciting to watch, but they need to balance it out with "normal" storylines too. That way the drama is more effective when it comes.

Constant crime every day would get a bit boring and tiresome, not to mention unrealistic. I think at the moment it is just about balanced OK, in that there is something for the fans of crime and something for those of us who prefer the more traditional family storylines. But it is a very fine balance, and is probably not really keeping any fans completely happy.

Archived