Does anyone else want a break from crime?

project90

We know Andy and Josh got collared , offscreen. They obviously didn't get very far. I reckon Andy surrendered and told Josh to run and thought better of it as a cop was about to shoot or Josh having more brains decided "They're gonna get us eventually" and was the one who suggested the surrender.

I have noticed Red does carve Neighbours up just a teeny bit more...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Skylover said:

However, you do seem to be changing events to suit your opinion such as Paul committing statutory rape which never happened and you know that, and he did have a brain tumour when he committed murder. Yes he has committed other crimes since the tumour was removed but there are still plenty of criminals in H&A we’re supposed to see as protagonists, namely all of the Braxtons who I’m sure committed a large amount of crimes. And Mick who is a rapist just flying around town wherever it suits. I’ve noticed you do have a bias towards H&A for whatever reason though.

According to the people who make Neighbours at the moment, Paul is a statutory rapist.And no, he didn't have a brain tumour when he committed murder.He committed murder in 2004 and had the brain tumour in 2007.Yes, the show had a lot of problems when the Braxtons were around but they're gone now and I think things have improved since then.

He did have a brain tumour in 2004, but it wasn’t discovered until 2007. He’s not a statutory rapist, the events have been retconned to make Kim older.

I wouldn’t say the show has improved in terms of crime since the Braxtons left, you have Mick running around town, Brodie’s evil drug dealer, Willow being introduced as a protagonist despite being a criminal, Ash/Kat/Robbo.

the river boys are back

7 hours ago, Skylover said:

He did have a brain tumour in 2004, but it wasn’t discovered until 2007. He’s not a statutory rapist, the events have been retconned to make Kim older.

I wouldn’t say the show has improved in terms of crime since the Braxtons left, you have Mick running around town, Brodie’s evil drug dealer, Willow being introduced as a protagonist despite being a criminal, Ash/Kat/Robbo.

Hide contents

the river boys are back

Some people might tell themselves that but Paul didn't show any symptoms of a brain tumour (black-outs, hallucinations) until 2007.He was completely rational and responsible for his own choices.And no, they didn't retcon Kim's age, Paul got a fifteen-year-old schoolgirl pregnant and then abandoned her.

As mentioned earlier, I think the key difference is that characters like Zannis and (for the most part) Mick are treated as antagonists these days.Home and Away's history is full of characters who were introduced as slightly shady and then turned good, eg Shane was a car thief when he first appeared, but I think they've got better at not having the characters cross too many lies in the early days.We certainly seem to have moved away from having characters on the show committing crimes for years with the audience expected to be on their side.

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Some people might tell themselves that but Paul didn't show any symptoms of a brain tumour (black-outs, hallucinations) until 2007.He was completely rational and responsible for his own choices.And no, they didn't retcon Kim's age, Paul got a fifteen-year-old schoolgirl pregnant and then abandoned her.

As mentioned earlier, I think the key difference is that characters like Zannis and (for the most part) Mick are treated as antagonists these days.Home and Away's history is full of characters who were introduced as slightly shady and then turned good, eg Shane was a car thief when he first appeared, but I think they've got better at not having the characters cross too many lies in the early days.We certainly seem to have moved away from having characters on the show committing crimes for years with the audience expected to be on their side.

No, it’s actually what the writers intended, it was the whole purpose of him having a brain tumour - to effectively wipe out what he had done up until that point. Just because someone doesn’t show any symptoms for years doesn’t mean they don’t have one.

As for Kim, it’s clear the writers intended her to at least be of legal age, perhaps they made a mistake, but they haven’t intended for Paul to be a statutory rapist.

I still think H&A has crossed the line much further throughout its history with criminals than Neighbours has. Neither of them are what they once were, but H&A actively glamorises criminality, this is especially relevant with the way Willow was introduced as a criminal yet the focus was on a relationship story, and there’s also

the re-introduction of the river boys but we’ll see.

1 minute ago, CaptainHulk said:

Kim was confirmed as 15 in episode 3 of Neighbours when she went to visit her family doc to go on the pill. She lied about her age when she met Paul who was all of 22.

Yet there was no reference to the fact she was underage when she was brought back in 2017. This is the show where Angus went from 15 to 17 in a matter of months. Either way the writers didn’t intend to make out that Paul had slept with a girl who was underage.

Archived