Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

Although while Summer Bay was a slightly run down cut off coastal backwater in 1988, the school was very modern, and the shop had facilities for younger people (pin ball machine, seating areas, milkshakes etc), and the beach was full of surfers. Also as H&A started out as a show with a lot of youngsters, Summer Bay did have plenty of teens and early 20s something's as well as older people.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's seems in the old days the locations were much more spread around the northern beaches and filmed so well to make it like one place. It was a case of what they kept out of shot that made it alll look so good. Buildings like Alf bait shop and the beachside diner at fishermas had that great run down feel. I agree that now they seem less concerned about making it look like a place where ordinary people can afford to live. It also seems since the diner has been in palm beach to they seem to film there even more. 

Something that came to my mind. Are Frank and Roo really divorced?

When Frank left New York, he pretty much left quickly and would not have had time to file divorce papers .  Do we know if he went back to New York or stayed in Australia to do that? From what we know, he only sent Bobby the  divorce papers because he was leaving and had intentions of marry Roo. how would Roo know where he was to serve the papers?

4 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Something that came to my mind. Are Frank and Roo really divorced?

When Frank left New York, he pretty much left quickly and would not have had time to file divorce papers .  Do we know if he went back to New York or stayed in Australia to do that? From what we know, he only sent Bobby the  divorce papers because he was leaving and had intentions of marry Roo. how would Roo know where he was to serve the papers?

Presumably  they spoke through Lawyers. He probably went back to NYC in Early 1992 and sorted it out (He was referred to as still living there in 2000 when he came back for Sal's Non-Wedding week).  I'm guessing that divorce was final otherwise Roo would have been arrested in 2012 for Bigamy on the day she married Harvey Ryan, Hubby #3. Also Alf more than likely would have said something about him being in the bay. 

"I knew it, I'll wring his flamin' New York Neck!" was one of Alf's best reactions, when he found out about Frank trying to get back with Bobby?? 

52 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Presumably  they spoke through Lawyers. He probably went back to NYC in Early 1992 and sorted it out (He was referred to as still living there in 2000 when he came back for Sal's Non-Wedding week).  I'm guessing that divorce was final otherwise Roo would have been arrested in 2012 for Bigamy on the day she married Harvey Ryan, Hubby #3. Also Alf more than likely would have said something about him being in the bay. 

"I knew it, I'll wring his flamin' New York Neck!" was one of Alf's best reactions, when he found out about Frank trying to get back with Bobby?? 

I’m confused by this. When Frank left Summer Bay after Bobby made the wrong choice, do we know where he went? He didn’t like New York so I’m baffled why he would he gone back. I’m sure I read somewhere that Steve said Frank was working in the Gold Coast.

What was his relationship like with Alf and Donald or did they not have any screen time?

2 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

I’m confused by this. When Frank left Summer Bay after Bobby made the wrong choice, do we know where he went? He didn’t like New York so I’m baffled why he would he gone back. I’m sure I read somewhere that Steve said Frank was working in the Gold Coast.

What was his relationship like with Alf and Donald or did they not have any screen time?

I always found it strange when Frank had scenes with Debra's Pippa in his return as it really seemed like Debra's Pippa was a stranger to Frank. 

Alf and Frank bumped heads in 1991-92 when Frank arrived minus Roo and he told them that things had gone sour and Alf had a right go about him abandoning her over there with the "murderers and the druggies!" ? Also Alf threatened to tear him apart if he laid one more finger on Bobby. 

Naturally, He and Greg clashed leading to a shove-off at Summer Bay House which Pip quickly broke up. Even Sam took a piece out of him when he reluctantly babysat him for Greg (who had to attend to an engine repair elsewhere) while looking after the boatshed for Michael who was chasing around Sydney with Pip looking for Soph.  Sam basically went into one about him causing grief and making Greg and Bobby unhappy and actively said he hated Frank for what he did.

(Almost like Sal having a go at Roo three years earlier)

Don was REALLY against this too  and didn't really cross paths with him until about a week or two into his stay and did the whole dad thing telling Frank to go back to the states as it was full of Conmen and he "would be at home there"

Ailsa came down on Frank too but sympathized and told him he had to  move on and he took stock of that after some flashbacks, following the chewing out by Sam.

19 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Alf and Frank bumped heads in 1991-92 when Frank arrived minus Roo and he told them that things had gone sour and Alf had a right go about him abandoning her over there with the "murderers and the druggies!" ? Also Alf threatened to tear him apart if he laid one more finger on Bobby. 

Naturally, He and Greg clashed leading to a shove-off at Summer Bay House which Pip quickly broke up. Even Sam took a piece out of him when he reluctantly babysat him for Greg (who had to attend to an engine repair elsewhere) while looking after the boatshed for Michael who was chasing around Sydney with Pip looking for Soph.  Sam basically went into one about him causing grief and making Greg and Bobby unhappy and actively said he hated Frank for what he did.

(Almost like Sal having a go at Roo three years earlier)

Don was REALLY against this too  and didn't really cross paths with him until about a week or two into his stay and did the whole dad thing telling Frank to go back to the states as it was full of Conmen and he "would be at home there"

Ailsa came down on Frank too but sympathized and told him he had to  move on and he took stock of that after some flashbacks, following the chewing out by Sam.

I remember this but what about when Frank returned for his two stints, did he have much screen time with Alf and Donald?

I never understood why Alf blamed Frank for the break up with Roo but then again Roo was always a saint in his eyes. 

6 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

I remember this but what about when Frank returned for his two stints, did he have much screen time with Alf and Donald?

I never understood why Alf blamed Frank for the break up with Roo but then again Roo was always a saint in his eyes. 

They didn't have much.Donald handed Sally over to Frank and Steven to give away at her aborted wedding in 2000 and that was the closest he came to interacting with either of them.There might have been a bit in 2002 but nothing springs to mind as stand-out and I don't think there was any reference to their history.

To be fair, Alf did ring Roo after finding out about the split and she explained it had been basically mutual, after which he calmed down a bit.

Archived