Summer's Bay

Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Hey Everybody! 

I'm a new member and first of all want to say thank you to the Owner/Admin/Moderators of this site who keep us updated and dedicate time to write up the episode summaries. I recently discovered this site and have spent a lot of time reminiscing and watching old episodes of Home and Away while catching up on what the cast members are doing now. 

I'm assuming like most people, I was hoping that Frank and Bobby would make it. I felt their storyline was rushed and regardless, in my opinion, Bobby was Frank's true love.

I haven't caught up on all the episodes however, I was hoping the lovely forum members here would possibly have the answers to some questions I have.

1- When exactly did Roo and Frank get married in New York? Was this mentioned and did Alf/Pippa attend the wedding?

2- When Frank returned to Summer Bay to walk Sally down the aisle, did he acknowledge Bobby's passing?

3- Did Frank remarry?

4- When Frank returned for the sesquicentennial celebrations, what had he been doing for the past few years?  

5- Was it ever explained why Frank never pursued Narelle even though he was attracted to her and claimed he never had feelings for Bobby?

6- Since Roo returned, has she mentioned Bobby or Frank?

7- Am I the only one who noticed that Frank ate a lot? 

8- Was it ever explained why the writers were always quick to pair Pippa off to get married? 

Sorry for all the questions and I hope this isn't posted in the wrong section but I'm excited to find a place to talk about a great show! 

2- When Frank returned to Summer Bay to walk Sally down the aisle, did he acknowledge Bobby's passing?

No, the only the reference to Bobby was from Carly to Pippa.

Carly: I was such a cow to Bobby

Pippa: That’s not how I remember it.

She’s mentioned both Frank & Bobby, however I think the only time she mentioned Bobby was to Morag when Morag was passing judgement on her recent pregnancy, using Bobby as a comeback to one of Morag’s comments.

Edited by c120701
  • Like 1

1-It was all a bit vague.I seem to remember Bobby getting her divorce papers somewhere around 1990, and Frank and Roo sent a telegram to Michael and Pippa's wedding, but I don't think we were actually told they were married until he turned up without her and announced they'd split up!

3-Possibly not.I've heard some people say that he claimed in 2000 that he'd been divorced three times, but BTTB summary puts it as two.

4-I'm not sure if it was stated.I seem to remember Steven mentioning in the 90s that he was living up the Gold Coast somewhere now but I may be misremembering that.

5-I should probably look this up but I've got a vague memory that they kissed at one point and then decided they were better off as friends.

7-Possibly.

8-I'm not sure if we've ever heard anything official, I guess they just thought Pippa on her own with the foster family wasn't working that well.She did seem to be single for a fair while after Michael died, and even when Ian came in he was only an occasional visitor.

• Like 1

I don't know the answers to your questions sorry but I would like to say hello to you so helloooooooooo :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, c120701 said:

No, the only the reference to Bobby was from Carly to Pippa.

Carly: I was such a cow to Bobby

Pippa: That’s not how I remember it.

She’s mentioned both Frank & Bobby, however I think the only time she mentioned Bobby was to Morag when Morag was passing judgement on her recent pregnancy, using Bobby as a comeback to one of Morag’s comments.

Hey C120701!

Thank you for responding!. As i mentioned in my initial post, in my opinion, the Frank and Bobby story line was rushed. It really is a shame that Frank didn't acknowledge Bobby in some way when he returned for his guest spots. If I was a writer for the show, I wouldve had Frank go to her grave and say goodbye to her.

If you dont mind me asking, why did Roo mention Frank?

I appreciate that there are mixed feeling but Morag is a great character and Cornelia Frances is a phenomenal actress!

6 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

1-It was all a bit vague.I seem to remember Bobby getting her divorce papers somewhere around 1990, and Frank and Roo sent a telegram to Michael and Pippa's wedding, but I don't think we were actually told they were married until he turned up without her and announced they'd split up!

3-Possibly not.I've heard some people say that he claimed in 2000 that he'd been divorced three times, but BTTB summary puts it as two.

4-I'm not sure if it was stated.I seem to remember Steven mentioning in the 90s that he was living up the Gold Coast somewhere now but I may be misremembering that.

5-I should probably look this up but I've got a vague memory that they kissed at one point and then decided they were better off as friends.

7-Possibly.

8-I'm not sure if we've ever heard anything official, I guess they just thought Pippa on her own with the foster family wasn't working that well.She did seem to be single for a fair while after Michael died, and even when Ian came in he was only an occasional visitor.

Hey Red Ranger1!

Thank you for responding!

5- I do recall that Frank was interested in Narelle up until the time that Narelle told him that Bobby was next in line. I do also remember the kiss (only because I am currently watching old episodes!) but that was because Frank was sick of Narelle going on about marking guys out of 10 

7- Haha! For some reason I only noticed it this time around while watching old episodes that Frank spent a lot of time(more than the others) eating and drinking 

I do recall Bobby and Carly going to see Narelle in the city the night before Bobby's wedding, do we now what happened to Narelle after that?

4 hours ago, pembie said:

I don't know the answers to your questions sorry but I would like to say hello to you so helloooooooooo :D

Haha! Hello Pembie! :D

1 hour ago, pembie said:

Hope you enjoy the forum 

Thank you! I am. 

I am probably the last to know but I just found out that Pippa and Michael are married in real life!

If I recall correctly, Narelle and Matt were a couple in real life at the time. Anybody else? 

You are going far far back now I have been to bed a few times since those times I don't remember

• Like 1
  • Haha 1