Jump to content

Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)


Summer's Bay
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 06/06/2021 at 07:36, nenehcherry2 said:

As much as I'm not keen on Bobby with Greg, I'm also not keen on her with Frank. Perhaps that stems looking at it many times plus living in a different world. Whilst Nicolle and Alex have chemistry, I now find their relationship and marriage boring (subjective view, granted). 

I actually prefer the Bobby on her own (both in 88 and then the bit between Frank and Greg where she really gets better and better and had BOBBY-led stories). Of all of her romantic conquests, the one that I still consistently like watching the most is with her and Danny; there is definitely something interesting about that chemistry (and Geoff/Bobby definitely the most painful, as it always was). 

Some strong female characters work better just on their own and that's part of what gives them their identity. And that's why I love Bobby the most in those periods. Yes, they break hearts along the way but they are not part of sickly "supercouples". Alas Shannon, Irene, the real Michelle Fowler in EastEndsers etc. Soaps have a consistent habit of making most of their young characters relationship dependent- if anything, that trend has worsened whilst (quite rightly) it is the opposite way now in in real life with young, Western women being far more self-assured and less "man-dependent". 

In general, I find all those "romance" led stories boring (another subjective view, I know!). That view has got stronger with time and no doubt diluted by rewatching!

Aesthetically they looked well suited, and I definitely would’ve imagined Bobby being with someone like Danny if her and Frank never happened.

I could be wrong, but I’m sure the actor who played Danny, played a different character the year before. I think he was one of the techs who was in the studio when Lance/Martin/Alison went to record the demo.


My heart broke for Bobby in that one scene where she walked into Fishers house claiming she was “so in love” referring to Danny even though we all knew she was forcing herself to get over Frank. That other scene when he left and she was sitting in the caravan with Ailsa was also a very good scene, In my opinion Nicole did great acting in this whole storyline. 
 

Regarding Frank/Bobby, I think if they were given a second chance they would’ve made it work. In my opinion Nicolle loves that man that’s why her emotional acting with him always looked so real.
 

What I find interesting is that Deb-Pippa was against Bobby getting with Frank, but convinced Bobby to go back to Greg who had an affair. That will always be odd to me. Anyway, I’ve always felt that the Bobby character was never really meant to have a happy ending. She just settled for the family package deal.


 

 

 

Am I the only one who noticed the photo of Frank on Morag’s desk when she was living at the caravan park house?

 

Was it ever explained why Alan never left his sister anything in his will? I assume Rebecca wasn’t initially expected to be a character. 

Edited by Summer's Bay
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/07/2021 at 18:51, Summer's Bay said:

Aesthetically they looked well suited, and I definitely would’ve imagined Bobby being with someone like Danny if her and Frank never happened.

I could be wrong, but I’m sure the actor who played Danny, played a different character the year before. I think he was one of the techs who was in the studio when Lance/Martin/Alison went to record the demo.


My heart broke for Bobby in that one scene where she walked into Fishers house claiming she was “so in love” referring to Danny even though we all knew she was forcing herself to get over Frank. That other scene when he left and she was sitting in the caravan with Ailsa was also a very good scene, In my opinion Nicole did great acting in this whole storyline. 
 

Regarding Frank/Bobby, I think if they were given a second chance they would’ve made it work. In my opinion Nicolle loves that man that’s why her emotional acting with him always looked so real.
 

What I find interesting is that Deb-Pippa was against Bobby getting with Frank, but convinced Bobby to go back to Greg who had an affair. That will always be odd to me. Anyway, I’ve always felt that the Bobby character was never really meant to have a happy ending. She just settled for the family package deal.


 

 

 

Am I the only one who noticed the photo of Frank on Morag’s desk when she was living at the caravan park house?

 

Was it ever explained why Alan never left his sister anything in his will? I assume Rebecca wasn’t initially expected to be a character. 

I always enjoy your posts!

While it doesn't necessarily prove a love for Alex, I think Nicolle's comment (along with the facial reactions) at just after 9:00 makes clear her feelings performing "love scenes" with Ross... 🤪

I love how Nicolle dressed offscreen in the early / mid 90s versus Bobby's wardrobe.

She (like Ray, Bruce and occasionally Debra) would annually "disappear" from the screen for two weeks to appear in Panto here in the UK. On this particular occasion (between eps 1181 - 1190), they didn't even give an explanation for Bobby not being around (whilst with Alf, he was going to see Roo in NYC), talked as though she was still there, and then she comes "back" with longer, wavier, even blonder hair and looking like she'd put on a couple of pounds (and a birthday which had suddenly moved to March)!

Edited by nenehcherry2
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Trudy Heine said:

If Bobby never died, would she have returned for big events, like the Mirgini cruise or Alf's 60th? I remember Sam was there for both events. 

I think it's highly likely: I remember hearing that when most of the other original foster children came back for Sally's non-wedding in 2000, Nicolle came down and saw them all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 05/07/2021 at 07:02, nenehcherry2 said:

I always enjoy your posts!

While it doesn't necessarily prove a love for Alex, I think Nicolle's comment (along with the facial reactions) at just after 9:00 makes clear her feelings performing "love scenes" with Ross... 🤪

I love how Nicolle dressed offscreen in the early / mid 90s versus Bobby's wardrobe.

She (like Ray, Bruce and occasionally Debra) would annually "disappear" from the screen for two weeks to appear in Panto here in the UK. On this particular occasion (between eps 1181 - 1190), they didn't even give an explanation for Bobby not being around (whilst with Alf, he was going to see Roo in NYC), talked as though she was still there, and then she comes "back" with longer, wavier, even blonder hair and looking like she'd put on a couple of pounds (and a birthday which had suddenly moved to March)!

Haha! Good find! Now compare that to interviews where she talks about Alex...😉

Even in the photo shoot below  Bobby/Greg’s body language was very awkward.

2d13fc842e77433b8d26bc5bc5271259

However....

 

th?id=OIP.yyurTplDTOQzQ6KqyDCjSQHaK5&pid

 

It’s interesting that Nicolles husband in my opinion looks like Greg lol

Would be nice to see Alex/Nicolle act again. I feel like their characters on Home and Away still have unfinished business. In one episode where Deb-Pip was talking to Bobby after Greg confessed his affair, Bobby was still reacting funny when she heard Frank’s name.

4 hours ago, Trudy Heine said:

If Bobby never died, would she have returned for big events, like the Mirgini cruise or Alf's 60th? I remember Sam was there for both events. 

I get that Nicolle wanted to leave, but they never should’ve killed her character off. She could’ve left with Greg (since they got rid of him anyway)and Sam. 
In my opinion it was probably out of spite since they kept the other foster children alive.

 

 

 

Another relationship that flies under the radar is Frank/Carly. I wouldve liked their storyline line to have been developed a bit more. Out of the foster kids they knew each other the longest. If anything Frank should've walked her down the aisle, not Alf.

 

 

Does anyone know where this photo is from?

 

1522027328844_NicolleDicksonHomeAndAway.

Edited by Summer's Bay
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Haha! Good find! Now compare that to interviews where she talks about Alex...😉

Even in the photo shoot below  Bobby/Greg’s body language was very awkward.

2d13fc842e77433b8d26bc5bc5271259

However....

 

th?id=OIP.yyurTplDTOQzQ6KqyDCjSQHaK5&pid

 

It’s interesting that Nicolles husband in my opinion looks like Greg lol

Would be nice to see Alex/Nicolle act again. I feel like their characters on Home and Away still have unfinished business. In one episode where Deb-Pip was talking to Bobby after Greg confessed his affair, Bobby was still reacting funny when she heard Frank’s name.

I get that Nicolle wanted to leave, but they never should’ve killed her character off. She could’ve left with Greg (since they got rid of him anyway)and Sam. 
In my opinion it was probably out of spite since they kept the other foster children alive.

 

 

 

Another relationship that flies under the radar is Frank/Carly. I wouldve liked their storyline line to have been developed a bit more. Out of the foster kids they knew each other the longest. If anything Frank should've walked her down the aisle, not Alf.

 

 

Does anyone know where this photo is from?

 

1522027328844_NicolleDicksonHomeAndAway.

 

Maybe a promo appearance? Or Nicolle may have been in something else 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Haha! Good find! Now compare that to interviews where she talks about Alex...😉

Even in the photo shoot below  Bobby/Greg’s body language was very awkward.

2d13fc842e77433b8d26bc5bc5271259

However....

 

th?id=OIP.yyurTplDTOQzQ6KqyDCjSQHaK5&pid

 

It’s interesting that Nicolles husband in my opinion looks like Greg lol

Would be nice to see Alex/Nicolle act again. I feel like their characters on Home and Away still have unfinished business. In one episode where Deb-Pip was talking to Bobby after Greg confessed his affair, Bobby was still reacting funny when she heard Frank’s name.

I get that Nicolle wanted to leave, but they never should’ve killed her character off. She could’ve left with Greg (since they got rid of him anyway)and Sam. 
In my opinion it was probably out of spite since they kept the other foster children alive.

 

 

 

Another relationship that flies under the radar is Frank/Carly. I wouldve liked their storyline line to have been developed a bit more. Out of the foster kids they knew each other the longest. If anything Frank should've walked her down the aisle, not Alf.

 

 

Does anyone know where this photo is from?

 

1522027328844_NicolleDicksonHomeAndAway.

Yes, I do know where that gorgeously grungy, auburn haired photo of Nicolle is from! It was just ahead of her guest appearance in "GP" in mid 1994 (apparently some Aussie medical drama, I'm sure some Aussie in the house will have more info)! Nicolle grew her hair very long in 94 / 5 and it really suited her (plus the riddance of that awful blonde do she had in 93). She had shorter hair again by the time she played ghostly Bobby - though, I'm convinced that that was a wig! 

Very bizarrely, this pic (or one from the same photo series) was recycled as a H&A prop when Sam and Sally were looking at old family photos in 1998, not long after Pip left. Odd as it was a pic of auburn Nicolle taken the year after Bobby died with shorter blonde hair 🤣

40 minutes ago, nenehcherry2 said:

Yes, I do know where that gorgeously grungy, auburn haired photo of Nicolle is from! It was just ahead of her guest appearance in "GP" in mid 1994 (apparently some Aussie medical drama, I'm sure some Aussie in the house will have more info)! Nicolle grew her hair very long in 94 / 5 and it really suited her (plus the riddance of that awful blonde do she had in 93). She had shorter hair again by the time of her ghost appearance (though I am convinced that that was a wig). 

Very bizarrely, this pic (or one from the same series) was recycled as a H&A prop when Sam and Sally were looking at old family photos in 1998, not long after Pip left. Odd as it was a pic of auburn Nicolle taken the year after Bobby died with shorter blonde hair 🤣

 

19 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Haha! Good find! Now compare that to interviews where she talks about Alex...😉

Even in the photo shoot below  Bobby/Greg’s body language was very awkward.

2d13fc842e77433b8d26bc5bc5271259

However....

 

th?id=OIP.yyurTplDTOQzQ6KqyDCjSQHaK5&pid

 

It’s interesting that Nicolles husband in my opinion looks like Greg lol

Would be nice to see Alex/Nicolle act again. I feel like their characters on Home and Away still have unfinished business. In one episode where Deb-Pip was talking to Bobby after Greg confessed his affair, Bobby was still reacting funny when she heard Frank’s name.

I get that Nicolle wanted to leave, but they never should’ve killed her character off. She could’ve left with Greg (since they got rid of him anyway)and Sam. 
In my opinion it was probably out of spite since they kept the other foster children alive.

 

 

 

Another relationship that flies under the radar is Frank/Carly. I wouldve liked their storyline line to have been developed a bit more. Out of the foster kids they knew each other the longest. If anything Frank should've walked her down the aisle, not Alf.

 

 

Does anyone know where this photo is from?

 

1522027328844_NicolleDicksonHomeAndAway.

You're welcome! I miss The Big Breakfast in general, even now! 

You're so right RE the 2014 pic of Ross and Nicolle. Someone (and it was possibly you, forgive me if that was the case) was rather villified by the "woke" brigade on here when they suggested that the chemistry awkwardness on Ross' part could've been, at least in part, driven by his sexual orientation. As a gay man myself, I don't find anything offensive about that analogy whatsoever. It's a perfectly valid comment and could easily have been the case with Ross' physical awkwardness with Nicole (though, a great actor would bypass that); I am a terrible actor and being forced to hug, snog / pash with a woman, however friendly we were in reality, would definitely be met with visible awkwardness from this side! 😜

DebPip's attitude to Frank and Bobby in that return story is thoroughly strange (and nothing to do with Debra playing scenes which require 1989 actor memory that she didn't have; the strangeness is in the script itself). Firstly, she says that "You and Frank have a very strong PHYSICAL attraction which isn't the basis for a relationship" (a far cry from Pippa's attitude to them at the time of their marriage). Is she saying that she now thinks it was just all about sex? Bobby / Frank never seemed to be just about sex to the 88/9 viewers, quite the opposite given the silly "I don't want to throw my viriginity away" nonsense on their wedding night (two unconventional Gen X teens in 88 waited until their their wedding night to get jiggy with it?! Whatever!). My bet is the "it was only really ever lust" retcon was an embarrassingly ineffective tactic of the writers, trying to convince the viewers that that was the case to validate Greg as being the "one true love after all". Talking of episode 911, I further cringe at the screen every time she then shouts at Bobby "I'm the closest thing to a real mother that you and Frank will ever have"; whilst she is technically right, I find that very arrogant for Pippa, not her usual style - I put it down to her being pissed off about Sophie's pregnancy reveal. 

Edited by nenehcherry2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, nenehcherry2 said:

Yes, I do know where that gorgeously grungy, auburn haired photo of Nicolle is from! It was just ahead of her guest appearance in "GP" in mid 1994 (apparently some Aussie medical drama, I'm sure some Aussie in the house will have more info)! Nicolle grew her hair very long in 94 / 5 and it really suited her (plus the riddance of that awful blonde do she had in 93). She had shorter hair again by the time she played ghostly Bobby - though, I'm convinced that that was a wig! 

Very bizarrely, this pic (or one from the same photo series) was recycled as a H&A prop when Sam and Sally were looking at old family photos in 1998, not long after Pip left. Odd as it was a pic of auburn Nicolle taken the year after Bobby died with shorter blonde hair 🤣

 

You're welcome! I miss The Big Breakfast in general, even now! 

You're so right RE the 2014 pic of Ross and Nicolle. Someone (and it was possibly you, forgive me if that was the case) was rather villified by the "woke" brigade on here when they suggested that the chemistry awkwardness on Ross' part could've been, at least in part, driven by his sexual orientation. As a gay man myself, I don't find anything offensive about that analogy whatsoever. It's a perfectly valid comment and could easily have been the case with Ross' physical awkwardness with Nicole (though, a great actor would bypass that); I am a terrible actor and being forced to hug, snog / pash with a woman, however friendly we were in reality, would definitely be met with visible awkwardness from this side! 😜

DebPip's attitude to Frank and Bobby in that return story is thoroughly strange (and nothing to do with Debra playing scenes which require 1989 actor memory that she didn't have; the strangeness is in the script itself). Firstly, she says that "You and Frank have a very strong PHYSICAL attraction which isn't the basis for a relationship" (a far cry from Pippa's attitude to them at the time of their marriage). Is she saying that she now thinks it was just all about sex? Bobby / Frank never seemed to be just about sex to the 88/9 viewers, quite the opposite given the silly "I don't want to throw my viriginity away" nonsense on their wedding night (two unconventional Gen X teens in 88 waited until their their wedding night to get jiggy with it?! Whatever!). My bet is the "it was only really ever lust" retcon was an embarrassingly ineffective tactic of the writers, trying to convince the viewers that that was the case to validate Greg as being the "one true love after all". Talking of episode 911, I further cringe at the screen every time she then shouts at Bobby "I'm the closest thing to a real mother that you and Frank will ever have"; whilst she is technically right, I find that very arrogant for Pippa, not her usual style - I put it down to her being pissed off about Sophie's pregnancy reveal. 

Yes I recall that conversation. In my opinion there are two other male actors in Home and Away who I believe are either gay/bisexual, but they are very convincing on screen with females. I have not seen Ross act opposite other women romantically to determine if it was just his on screen chemistry with Nicolle, however in his non romantic scenes he was pretty good. 

 

 

Bobby / Frank never seemed to be just about sex to the 88/9 viewers, quite the opposite given the silly "I don't want to throw my viriginity away" nonsense on their wedding night (two unconventional Gen X teens in 88 waited until their their wedding night to get jiggy with it?! Whatever!).

Frank lost his virginity to Roo, and I think what Bobby meant by that line was she wished she never slept with other guys before Frank. In the official books that accompanied Home and Away, Bobby slept with a few guys, mostly a few years older because she was looking for love and affection due to the way her father treated her (All while pining for the tall dark and handsome guy she would dream about- yes this was in the book). In one of the earlier episodes she did mention along the lines of the kids at school used to call her "easy" or something to that effect

 

My bet is the "it was only really ever lust" retcon was an embarrassingly ineffective tactic of the writers, trying to convince the viewers that that was the case to validate Greg as being the "one true love after all".

Yes i agree with this. Frank and Bobby was downplayed as a mistake that they both made, and its a shame because had Alex Papps decided to extend his appearance, they could've had their happy ending. However, for some reason I just don't think the Bobby character was ever meant to have a happy ending. 

 

 

Talking of episode 911, I further cringe at the screen every time she then shouts at Bobby "I'm the closest thing to a real mother that you and Frank will ever have"; whilst she is technically right, I find that very arrogant for Pippa, not her usual style - I put it down to her being pissed off about Sophie's pregnancy reveal. 

She was also very short with Frank as well in the kitchen scene. Deb-Pip had no on screen chemistry with Frank either. That conversation they had in the kitchen where frank said he could never see himself happy without Bobby is a contrast from the one that Van-Pip and Frank had in the Macklin office when she encouraged Frank to tell Bobby about his past. 

 

Where the producers working towards this coupling?

tvweek_140410%5B5%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

 

 

Nicolle and the two loves of her life 😉

tvweek_230690%5B5%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

 

Justine Clark up to the time Martha was adopted was phenomenal. in my opinion had her trajectory stayed the same I can see her morphing into a Morag-esque character. If Justine stayed would we still be seeing the old Roo, or would she have morphed into this new Roo?

Edited by Summer's Bay
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Deb-Pip had no on screen chemistry with Frank either.

I don't know. Admittedly I think they only had one proper conversation together because he was only there two episodes, but I think they worked well together in 2000, so it's probably just the scripts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.