Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

We obviously see it differently, but I just don't think Carly does anything that you'd really think of as "being a cow to Bobby", in the pilot or afterwards.And if there's one thing Bobby was, it was capable of looking after herself.She gave Carly a black eye once, which was something Carly never did to her.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Why am I not surprised?

Martha was a big part of Bobby’s early life, it would be a shame if the writers miss an opportunity to reference this 

Her (fleeting) Lazarus-esque return was only to Iron out the issues between her, Alf and Roo.  I'm still wrapping my head around the story which tbh is leaving me a bit bemused. I dunno, I'm kind over back-from-the-dead stories, especially if they disrupt the prewritten lore.

3 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Her (fleeting) Lazarus-esque return was only to Iron out the issues between her, Alf and Roo.  I'm still wrapping my head around the story which tbh is leaving me a bit bemused. I dunno, I'm kind over back-from-the-dead stories, especially if they disrupt the prewritten lore.

Yes and especially if they are done for completely forgettable reasons with no long term fall out. Even the short-term fallout was flimsy at best. 

The lack of mention of Bobby is not surprising but is despicable nonetheless considering the huge role Martha played in ensuring her welfare.

8 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

The Martha storyline has been handled very badly and does tarnish the history of the show. As much as the Ramsay retcon did in Neighbours in 2009.

That S*** just made Helen seem Hypocritical af in hindsight. She was disgusted with Jim for getting Maureen Donnelly pregnant in 'Nam while she shushed up Anne's affair with Max Ramsay which resulted Jill's conception! All in the name of giving Paul family (Which seems to be a favorite ass pull for the writers over the years, Tanaka Twins being case in point, lucky the fans LIKE them well, David anyway!)

2009-12 Neighbours was... testing, to say the least.

Back to H&A. The Martha storyline would have had a bit more to it if she countered that Alf wasn't the warmest person coming back from 'Nam during an argument, citing the lack of intimacy, etc for realism. But then with this butchered continuity, etc... 

• 2 weeks later...

Do we know when Donald and Barbra divorced?

I ask this because Martin, Matt, Bobby, Allison and Lance all grew up in Summer Bay. Alan obviously remembered Bobby when he returned but I dont recall the others remembering him. From the books, it was mentioned that Bobby knew Martha Stewart Sr so wouldn't she have known Barbra Stewart?

Matt and Alan became sort of close, bonding over surfing yet Matt wasnt at the wake party but the van he brought from Alan was visible at the funeral home before the funeral

Archived