Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/07/2018 at 03:17, jakeyy. said:

Tempany (Selina) is also an author.

I find it Interesting that so many Australian actors either go into children entertainment or theatre. I wonder if that is where the money is 

in one sentence or no more than a paragraph, can someone please tell me who the river boys are 

8 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Thanks, 

My question should've been in two parts. What did they do in Summer Bay, why/when did they come there  and are they still there today?

Attempt at a brief history: The River Boys were originally led by the Braxton brothers, a new family introduced at the beginning of 2011. Why they came to Summer Bay was a bit vague, they turned up at a singles night and never left with the Braxtons eventually moving into town.At first seeming to be nothing more than a bunch of short-tempered surfers, for the first 6-12 months they were a fairly heavy criminal gang into things like drug dealing and smuggling, but got softened considerably and largely turned into comic relief, with all the characters other than the Braxtons eventually fading into the background during 2012 and being reduced to barely seen extras. The last of the Braxtons finally went in 2016 but there was something of a revival at the start of this year which has resulted in one or two of them sticking around.

12 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

deleted

Why are we discussing the River Boys in the Bayside Diner?!

I stopped watching Home and Away regularly when Bobby and Frank split up and stopped keeping up with the show when she died. I do not know who they are or when they turned up, that is why I asked

Friends, If you are a fan of the Home and Away characters in the early years and have some time, please check out my attempt at a fanfiction. My story starts a year after Frank left and a week after Tom dies. :)

I certainly would be interested if Bertram was ever mentioned after his exit. He'd have made a great regular.

Former Emmerdale actor Frazer Hines says "Coronation Street, Emmerdale and Home And Away are the 3 soaps with the richest histories". I am thinking that he has a point there. Those 3 have had plane crashes and tram crashes into a street etc. Also half the original buildings in the 3 shows no longer exist (Mission Hall/Raincoat factory in Corrie, old Woolpack/original farmhouse in Emmerdale and the original shop/original school in H&A). Also the geography of the 3 soap settings has been contradicted more times than you can shake a stick at. Moving buildings etc. lol.

Corrie, Emmerdale and H&A also were once the Big 3 soaps on ITV in the UK. They were very popular during the 1990s.

Archived