What can we expect from the 30th anniversary?

adam436

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Saying Vinnie isn't dead (again) would just undo everything after Elijah brought Leah and VJ closure.

To be fair, until I read your post I forgot that Vinnie was dead again. They could easily get away with bringing him back as he’s been dying and coming back to life for over 15 years now! 

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2017 at 03:32, CaptainHulk said:

Saying Vinnie isn't dead (again) would just undo everything after Elijah brought Leah and VJ closure.

I don't think the show care about continuity some how haha. Most of the audience probably would of forgotten all about Elijah. Was ten years ago. Would def be an interesting story for Leah/Ada. Let's be honest Leahs love life has been a shambles since Vinnie left. 

28 minutes ago, Luke39 said:

I don't think the show care about continuity some how haha. Most of the audience probably would of forgotten all about Elijah. Was ten years ago. Would def be an interesting story for Leah/Ada. Let's be honest Leahs love life has been a shambles since Vinnie left. 

Leah should’ve left with Vinnie

1 hour ago, Luke39 said:

Erk. Boomph. You're right. Plus Leah's almost died on like 4 occasions In the last 5yrs!

Propably not a popular opinion, but I think (if it was done REALLY well) Leah or Irene should have been written out this year to celebrate the 30th anniversary.... I don’t know but H&A need something like that to kind of shake things up a bit. Both characters have absolutely run their course tenfold. Yes, they have been great characters, yes I do love them, and yes they would carry off a good exit storyline. Looking back, as much as I hated the thought of Sally leaving, I felt like it was a natural end to the character. She left the show when it was the exact right time I would have hated to see her just hang around and doing recycled storylines like they do on the show now , it’s not as noticeable with other characters because they come and stay for 3 years and go. But the long term characters it’s different, it’s more annoying seeing them always doing the same thing. Kate Ritchie left the show at an extremely pivotal time, she got the exit every actor wants. It had everything, the writing, directing everything was so strong it is a credit to the show. I think it was actually the last hurrah for the original fans of the show before it shed a lot of its fanbase and a new fanbase era started to form (Aden/Belle 2009) to the Braxtons 2011- present. 

I actually wouldn’t mind a big return storyline for Vinnie and writing them both out that way (totally jumping the shark) it’s Home & Away after all, it’s no stranger to jumping the shark.  

I just think it’s time to put Leah/Irene to bed really.

My hopes for H&A are that they decide to do one more year, Bevan Lee at the helm to oversee it all. It would garner a lot of interest. “Home & Aways big goodbye” characters old and new , a year long celebration of all the eras included with some very strong storylines of the current characters. I think it would be a good way to go. The show (or what the show used to be) is just a shadow of its former self . There are so many problems and I think it’s just the way things are being run now at Channel 7 and whoever TPTB are. Even Kate Ritchie who has always had a lot of time for the show and what it is, I get the impression that she’s actually getting a little bit embarrassed by it. She’s always expressed interest on returning for a big milestone but I think she’s changed her stance on that now, I just don’t think she gets the show anymore nor recognises it she seems disinterested and I don’t blame her.

8 minutes ago, -Kevin- said:

Propably not a popular opinion, but I think (if it was done REALLY well) Leah or Irene should have been written out this year to celebrate the 30th anniversary.... I don’t know but H&A need something like that to kind of shake things up a bit. Both characters have absolutely run their course tenfold. Yes, they have been great characters, yes I do love them, and yes they would carry off a good exit storyline. Looking back, as much as I hated the thought of Sally leaving, I felt like it was a natural end to the character. She left the show when it was the exact right time I would have hated to see her just hang around and doing recycled storylines like they do on the show now , it’s not as noticeable with other characters because they come and stay for 3 years and go. But the long term characters it’s different, it’s more annoying seeing them always doing the same thing. Kate Ritchie left the show at an extremely pivotal time, she got the exit every actor wants. It had everything, the writing, directing everything was so strong it is a credit to the show. I think it was actually the last hurrah for the original fans of the show before it shed a lot of its fanbase and a new fanbase era started to form (Aden/Belle 2009) to the Braxtons 2011- present. 

I actually wouldn’t mind a big return storyline for Vinnie and writing them both out that way (totally jumping the shark) it’s Home & Away after all, it’s no stranger to jumping the shark.  

I just think it’s time to put Leah/Irene to bed really.

My hopes for H&A are that they decide to do one more year, Bevan Lee at the helm to oversee it all. It would garner a lot of interest. “Home & Aways big goodbye” characters old and new , a year long celebration of all the eras included with some very strong storylines of the current characters. I think it would be a good way to go. The show (or what the show used to be) is just a shadow of its former self . There are so many problems and I think it’s just the way things are being run now at Channel 7 and whoever TPTB are. Even Kate Ritchie who has always had a lot of time for the show and what it is, I get the impression that she’s actually getting a little bit embarrassed by it. She’s always expressed interest on returning for a big milestone but I think she’s changed her stance on that now, I just don’t think she gets the show anymore nor recognises it she seems disinterested and I don’t blame her.

I think i rather it be Irene that left as Irene is is getting to old to be working in Diner and taking in teens.

Also Irene can be mean at times look at way she treated Josie and Colleen.

Leah at right age to take in teens.

Archived