What can we expect from the 30th anniversary?

adam436

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"YOU ARE NOW LEAVING SUMMER BAY"
An idea would be visiting the characters who left where they moved on to. Flashback to there own exit and then whiz through the years and see how life penned out for them in the city/ perth/ yabbie creek / the UK. Where did they end up? This could essentially be its own 'extra' episode(s).

WHAT IF?
One of the current younger cast has a big decision to make. A long standing actor might try to give advice and tell a story of old (a favourite past storyline) and question what might have happened if that character/himself had taken the other road way back when. 

DREAMS
A full moon is out and the residents of summer bay all have crazy dreams. You could literally do anything. There would be no rules really. A simple structure would be to have a birth, a death and a marriage all in one episode whether summer bay reality / dream (or nightmare as the case may be.)

THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT 
Imagine an alternate Summer Bay where a new 'butterfly effect' is in motion from just a few 'different' past decisions ... 

We could revisit favourite favourites scenes in flashback but also catch up in 2017 with:

- Bobby (who didn't crash in a boating accident ).
- Perhaps Ailsa had less to worry about with Bobby around and never had the heart attack. (Would that have affected how Duncan's life turned out?"
- Maybe Pippa's husband Michael didn't wash down stream. Maybe Sam did? Could he turn up to Bobby through a fridge?? HA! 
- Maybe Sally turned out to be a baddie!! ha. (that would never happen of course)
- Pippa and Michael kept the caravan park on. 
- Irene never beat the bottle. 
- Donald Fisher retired but stayed in the bay.
- Rebecca Nash - is she now a famous pianist and Travis is her roadie (a dedication to Belinda Emmett). Maybe there could be a scene where she is  there with Donald, Bobby and sam watching her playing piano from a distance. Sydney opera house?? 
- Selina married Saul!! and is happily living with him in a commune! 
- Sarah ?? (get Laura Vazquez back for one episode instead of make up)
- Were there any baddies that lost in reality but won he THIS reality? I could go on and on I am sure. 

I am not saying do all of them but once the know the rules the ideas are endless. 

The butterfly effect of years gone by spread evenly over the 3 decades would be a very special episode indeed.  Thoughts? 

CREDITS
I think the return of the famous theme tune and opening and closing credits are important and maybe even bring back a few of the mike perjanik underscoring during certain scenes, could they be re-hashed to bring the show full circle? Could a new kid on the block be fostered and the finish with a family portrait using "the fletcher theme"?? as in the pilot? 

I'm gonna stop now. Hope my idea sparks of other possibilities of "what if" for you all? Would love to hear them.

LASTLY

MY ANNIVERSARY CREDITS
On a personal note I celebrated an anniversary of my own yesterday. In honour of my 2 year marriage ( and 10 years together) I decided to make my husband our own home and away video to celebrate. Just a bit of fun.

Well I can't think of another forum who would appreciate it more so if I am allowed to post it's at the bottom of this message.

I hope you like it and hope I'm not breaking any rules by doing so... 

Matt (the blonde one with sun glasses!)

On 13/08/2017 at 6:44 PM, j.laur5 said:

I am not to sorry if no one returns as I feel past characters are better left in their era. 

So Kirsty or Olivia or even Roo & Marilyn should never have returned?

On 13/08/2017 at 10:00 PM, Homeandawayfan. said:

I have a feeling that they just want the 30th anniversary to pass by and to not celebrate anything.

Reveal hidden contents

It does feel the Dec 2017 Jan 2018 storylines will focus on the characters who have only been in the show 5 minutes as the saying goes.

I agree. And i'm utterly perplexed by this attitude. So few shows reach this milestone the ones that do celebrate the hell out of it. It really does make me think that their egos are so big they can't handle the fact that basically the spotlight falls on things not created by them and in a way they have no control over.

1 hour ago, dee123 said:

So Kirsty or Olivia or even Roo & Marilyn should never have returned?

I agree. And i'm utterly perplexed by this attitude. So few shows reach this milestone the ones that do celebrate the hell out of it. It really does make me think that their egos are so big they can't handle the fact that basically the spotlight falls on things not created by them and in a way they have no control over.

I just don't see point in having 20 or so past characters in one room. 

I used be happy to bring back past characters but now I rather just keep them in there era. 

4 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

I used be happy to bring back past characters but now I rather just keep them in there era. 

That's happened like once, your making a mountain out of a molehill.

4 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

it's comments like this that alienate long term viewers and which turned the show into the drivel it is now

7 minutes ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

it's comments like this that alienate long term viewers and which turned the show into the drivel it is now

I am long term viewer but I have just grow to feel its better to leave characters in there era.

Not saying no one going return but just saying I wont lose any sleep over it if does not happen.

To be honest I haven't really be enjoying H&A lately.  

Archived