What can we expect from the 30th anniversary?

adam436

From interviews I have been reading with Kate Ritchie lately it looks almost certain that we won't be seeing Sally again anytime soon (if ever). She has acknowledged that she doesn't feel like she fits there anymore which is very understandable as we can all see that Home & Away isn't the same show it was when she was there. I get the impression that she feels like it isn't good quality viewing anymore either. It's a big shame but I'm sure we can share her sentiment, I know I do.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, -Kevin- said:

From interviews I have been reading with Kate Ritchie lately it looks almost certain that we won't be seeing Sally again anytime soon (if ever). She has acknowledged that she doesn't feel like she fits there anymore which is very understandable as we can all see that Home & Away isn't the same show it was when she was there. I get the impression that she feels like it isn't good quality viewing anymore either. It's a big shame but I'm sure we can share her sentiment, I know I do.

Many stars feel that way now. sadly it their right despite the happiness their return would bring to fans. I have mixed feelings. Yes I love to see people return yet if you going to give them a worthless plot and make them look bad its not worth it.

49 minutes ago, -Kevin- said:

I think Norman Coburn and Debra Lawrence have the same view on the show, that it has gone in a totally different direction and they would not fit in any more. And Kate Ritchie saying she does not fit there sort of confirms she thinks the show has lost its way.

30 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

I think Norman Coburn and Debra Lawrence have the same view on the show, that it has gone in a totally different direction and they would not fit in any more. And Kate Ritchie saying she does not fit there sort of confirms she thinks the show has lost its way.

When you cant get people to come back I think that confirms your view. Sadly I think we get use to hearing "they put their role and the show in their past" even though PR on social media will always hint at a return getting fans hope up! Your right Down Under TV has lost its way and alot of blame to go around,

11 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

I don't remember Norman saying anything about disliking the show now or being interviewed in recent times at all. Norman may not want to return because he is over 80 now and lives in Hobart He may not feel up to travelling to Sydney and doing a small guest role. 

As for Debra and Kate, neither said they disliked the show. They just don't want to return as regulars and I am sure Debra and Kate would still be up for a guest role. 

Debra lives in Melbourne and that's probably the reason why she won't return as a regular. If Debra had stayed in Sydney she might very well have agreed to return as a  regular. Debra may never had left at all if her mum lived in Sydney. She always said the reason why she left H&A was because she wanted to be close to her mum who lives in Melbourne. 

So that pretty much says if her mum lived in Sydney Debra may well have never had left but still may have taken breaks to look after her mother. 

Judy Nunn has always made it clear the only reason she left H&A was because she wanted to devote more time to her novels. If Judy had never become a writer and stayed acting I think there's a very good chance she would never had left either!. 

6 minutes ago, Blaxland 89 said:

I do remember Norman saying a few things about where the show was heading around the time he left. Don't think he was too keen even in 2003

I think that was more he had just had enough!.

He may not like Angie storyline but I wish he stayed to after Angie saga as I think Donald would be TV  gold at giving Angie hdrwalking orders.

11 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

I don't remember Norman saying anything about disliking the show now or being interviewed in recent times at all. Norman may not want to return because he is over 80 now and lives in Hobart He may not feel up to travelling to Sydney and doing a small guest role. 

As for Debra and Kate, neither said they disliked the show. They just don't want to return as regulars and I am sure Debra and Kate would still be up for a guest role. 

Debra lives in Melbourne and that's probably the reason why she won't return as a regular. If Debra had stayed in Sydney she might very well have agreed to return as a  regular. Debra may never had left at all if her mum lived in Sydney. She always said the reason why she left H&A was because she wanted to be close to her mum who lives in Melbourne. 

So that pretty much says if her mum lived in Sydney Debra may well have never had left but still may have taken breaks to look after her mother. 

Judy Nunn has always made it clear the only reason she left H&A was because she wanted to devote more time to her novels. If Judy had never become a writer and stayed acting I think there's a very good chance she would never had left either!. 

I  agree with most of you points. Many actors have move on to other things and being old does not help yet look at Ray.

I once asked someone in Melbourne why certain  actors did NOT work on other shows  as one star mates where doing Sea patrol and other projects in QLD. They replied the distance and one reason as a former Neighbours turned down PACKED TO THE RAFTERS they didnt want to relocate to Sydney. Most of the focus is around melbounre now and tha'ts why they have more opportunities.

Debra story I heard the same from those who met actors family comes 1st and that why some are not active now.

I have to agree with Blaxland one of my former sources was a close friend of Norman. Alot of stars have both fond and negative feelings about the past.

Debra Lawrence did say in a 2016 interview that "Summer Bay is a different town to when I was there. More guns and alcohol". She did express a return to the show if they paid her enough. Read this http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home-and-away/news/a813839/home-and-away-legend-debra-lawrance-id-probably-go-back-as-pippa/

I do seem to recall Norman saying he was not keen on the direction the show was heading. I think in 2003 he left when his dog died and his dog was as old as H&A was back then. Could be he was having reservations about the show but I feel 2003 was a fab year.

7 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Debra Lawrence did say in a 2016 interview that "Summer Bay is a different town to when I was there. More guns and alcohol". She did express a return to the show if they paid her enough. Read this http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home-and-away/news/a813839/home-and-away-legend-debra-lawrance-id-probably-go-back-as-pippa/

I do seem to recall Norman saying he was not keen on the direction the show was heading. I think in 2003 he left when his dog died and his dog was as old as H&A was back then. Could be he was having reservations about the show but I feel 2003 was a fab year.

You know how long ago that was! As fans also tell me Never say never. I guess it depends on what mood actors are in.

Archived