What can we expect from the 30th anniversary?

adam436

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, c120701 said:

I've said it before but the only time I'd like to see Judy Nunn back is ever Ray Meagher decided to leave the show, Alf would pass away, we'd see people return to the bay for his funeral and the final shot of the episode would be Sally (or at least she was my thought when she was still in the show) walking along the beach at sunset & seeing Alf & Ailsa in silhouette fishing on the beach. She'd head up towards to surf club, look back/do a double take then smile and walk out of shot. Leaving us with the sun setting over the ocean.

I really like that idea, and hopefully when Ray does leave it can be handled as well as Sally's exit.

The 30th anniversary has always felt like such a big leap into the future, but now it's less than 12 months away! Here's hoping they have something planned.

Judy Nunn has said she'd be up to returning but not full time.

I think its interetsing how H&A was Judy's last acting role and on interview I saw of her once she was asked if she would act again and she said I don't think I could do H&A full time again. It makes me think that Judy would have stayed on H&A if she had stayed acting.

1 hour ago, adam436 said:

Also, next year marks 25 years that Lynne McGranger has been on Home and Away (though Irene was played by Jacqui Phillips prior to that!), so perhaps Irene could be the focus?

Maybe, they bring back all of Irene's kids who appeared in the earlier episodes and have Mick return so they unexpectedly meet him. Could tie it in with a Will, Nick and Hayley return as they are basically Irene's step-children. 

However I doubt we will ever see any of Irene's original kids again, been years since any of them were in it.

I think we are more likely to see Geoff Campbell return over any of them, but the problem with Geoff (and I guess Annie), is that he is literally such a forgotten character. I honestly can't recall anyone mentioning him at all from after Annie/Aden left the bay. Lincoln Lewis expressed an interest in coming back only recently, however due to his legacy in the bay which really isn't massive compared to other past characters he is so forgotten. I put Annie in brackets as if Geoff was to return it would only seem ideal for Annie to as well, but the last we heard from her was that she was going to stay on the student exchange program for Uni and that was back in 2010. But we never heard from her again.

I do understand that it is the nature of soap operas for past characters to be forgotten about once they leave, however some are not and are mentioned a fair bit after being gone so with this potential Geoff Campbell return, as much as I would like to see it happen I really doubt it will.

18 minutes ago, Luke39 said:

The actors currently portraying Brad Willis in Neighbours. Correct me if Im wrong.

Not for long from the way things are planning out, it seems...

Archived