What can we expect from the 30th anniversary?

adam436

Just now, marcosb said:

A Geoff Campbell return, I don't know if they would bring back Lincoln Lewis, remember in 2009 he was axed shortly after the sex tape he filmed.

He wasn't axed, the rumour that was started was completely untrue and we confirmed that at the time.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, marcosb said:

A Geoff Campbell return, I don't know if they would bring back Lincoln Lewis, remember in 2009 he was axed shortly after the sex tape he filmed.

I think he actually left because he was offered a role in Tomorrow When the War Began and wanted to go down the film pathway in the future

• 2 weeks later...

I think Kate Ritchie returning is almost a given - she's expressed interest in returning and she is one of the show's most iconic characters (I'm not a fan, but I am aware she is very popular!). I also note that Dan Bennett was/is keen to get Fisher back for a storyline. Norman is 80 this year, so he probably wouldn't be up for a long-term stint, but they might be able to lure him back for a brief appearance and undo some of the damage of his 2007 stint.

I also think Morag will be back, though she's appeared sporadically for the last 15 years, so her return would most likely not feel that celebratory (for lack of a better word) that some of the others would.

I also would love to see Judy Nunn back, but I know really unlikely to happen. Neighbours brought back Madge for their 30th anniversary, so I still have my fingers crossed, I just can't see it happening.

10 minutes ago, adam436 said:

I think Kate Ritchie returning is almost a given - she's expressed interest in returning and she is one of the show's most iconic characters (I'm not a fan, but I am aware she is very popular!). I also note that Dan Bennett was/is keen to get Fisher back for a storyline. Norman is 80 this year, so he probably wouldn't be up for a long-term stint, but they might be able to lure him back for a brief appearance and undo some of the damage of his 2007 stint.

I also think Morag will be back, though she's appeared sporadically for the last 15 years, so her return would most likely not feel that celebratory (for lack of a better word) that some of the others would.

I also would love to see Judy Nunn back, but I know really unlikely to happen. Neighbours brought back Madge for their 30th anniversary, so I still have my fingers crossed, I just can't see it happening.

I've said it before but the only time I'd like to see Judy Nunn back is ever Ray Meagher decided to leave the show, Alf would pass away, we'd see people return to the bay for his funeral and the final shot of the episode would be Sally (or at least she was my thought when she was still in the show) walking along the beach at sunset & seeing Alf & Ailsa in silhouette fishing on the beach. She'd head up towards to surf club, look back/do a double take then smile and walk out of shot. Leaving us with the sun setting over the ocean.

Fisher last appeared almost 10 years ago, if he did return for the 30th it would be the longest gap between appearances for him. Norman Coburn is 80 next week I think, 6th March. I hope Kate Ritchie does return to the show.

Bring back a recast Alison Patterson for the 30th as well. Kathryn Ridley I think has quit acting. Alison can lock horns with Kat Chapman the local cop.

15 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Bring back a recast Alison Patterson for the 30th as well. Kathryn Ridley I think has quit acting. Alison can lock horns with Kat Chapman the local cop.

I could see her locking horn with Leah's too. She is VJ's second cousin (I think!) :)

Archived