What can we expect from the 30th anniversary?

adam436

It could be hard to resist bringing back a few iconic characters and killing them off in a big disaster :(

I would be surprised if they don't do something, but perhaps just a few returnees throughout the year linked to mainly Alf, Marilyn or Irene. Or they might bring back "fan favourites" Brax & co. I suppose the best thing they could do is bring back several of the most iconic characters they can get from each decade for credible short visits.

H&A's past is very different from its present, but thankfully the show does still have several characters with long histories.It will be interesting to see what they do. I can't see them letting the 30th go by without a mention, but I'm not getting too excited about what they might have in store. But I would be very surprised if Sally doesn't make a reappearance.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Gerard said:

It could be hard to resist bringing back a few iconic characters and killing them off in a big disaster :(

I would be surprised if they don't do something, but perhaps just a few returnees throughout the year linked to mainly Alf, Marilyn or Irene. Or they might bring back "fan favourites" Brax & co. I suppose the best thing they could do is bring back several of the most iconic characters they can get from each decade for credible short visits.

H&A's past is very different from its present, but thankfully the show does still have several characters with long histories.It will be interesting to see what they do. I can't see them letting the 30th go by without a mention, but I'm not getting too excited about what they might have in store. But I would be very surprised if Sally doesn't make a reappearance.

Sad to say that it is a very different show now. Very little of original H&A is left, only Summer Bay House and Alf. Also the ethos has changed from family drama to crime/medical drama. The show has improved a bit but the original ethos still feels totally lost. So the 30th anniversary may get a mention but the current storylines and characters will probably take centre stage.

10 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Sad to say that it is a very different show now. Very little of original H&A is left, only Summer Bay House and Alf. Also the ethos has changed from family drama to crime/medical drama.

I would say compared to what Neighbours did for their 30th, I suspect that many of us have lowered our expectations for H&A. Surely the milestone will be acknowledged in some way, but when we're not even certain it's going to be mentioned, it's a big stretch to hope for a nostalgia-filled extravaganza :)

Probably the most interesting thing about the 30th anniversary will be to see how TPTB mark the occasion. H&A has done very well with previous milestones, but as you say, it's a different show these days. If there is some big "event" storyline being planned, it's hard to imagine it won't be overshadowed by a huge and expensive disaster storyline. I'm awaiting to hear of "The biggest episode in 30 years".

On 19/08/2017 at 11:22 PM, j.laur5 said:

Don't forget that didn't really do anything for the 20th or 10th.

Other than Pippa/Carly and Steve coming back and they were only brought back for Sally's departure. 

They did pay homage to the pilot have the year put up in the same font in an episode. Also opening the season with a Birthday and cake. And was amazing we got to see the fletchers city house. So lots of subtle nods. And of course seeing Tom. And later in year Kane and Kirsty

Its been said many time but 2008 especially the first half was wonderful. Characters that had been brought in two or three years previous that I never like I all of a sudden did, loved the new characters, and regained love for the old. It was like the last swan song before the very quick descent. Sorry I've slightly gone off topic. 

My biggest wish other than returning characters would be a return of Bevan Lee as a writer.. He'd know how to celebrate the 30th. Always so good at celebrating the past but moving forward at the same time

I would guess that TPTB have storylined the first few months of 2018, and perhaps even the first episodes are being filmed now? So if they're planning anything, it should be decided by now.

However, lack of news could be deliberate, and maybe those in the know, have been sworn to secrecy so far? I'd be surprised if we hear much officially before November, just because it could be hard to sustain the excitement for 5 months. But a few hints that at least something is in the works at this stage would put some of our minds at rest :) Would they really let the anniversary pass without a mention? It's a golden opportunity for some good publicity across the wider media.

Archived