What can we expect from the 30th anniversary?

adam436

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

Maybe Leah can have her 40th in the 30th anniversary.  Sally and others can return for it as Leah has met most of the characters who have ever been on the show!. 

My guess is they have popular past stars drop in and if they smart do a special to celebrate. Kate would be the most logical choice.

1 hour ago, samdanfan said:

My guess is they have popular past stars drop in and if they smart do a special to celebrate. Kate would be the most logical choice.

Was this for the actual show or a separate spin off celebration? 
As in Kate would host it? Or Sally should have a birthday where the cast come back and celebrate with her?

14 minutes ago, joany208121 said:

As in Kate would host it? Or Sally should have a birthday where the cast come back and celebrate with her?

Maybe Leah and Sally could have there 40th birthday together or Irene have her 65th birthday or Alf have his 75 birthday.

4 hours ago, joany208121 said:

Yes if they had a big TV event maybe 1-2 hour  Im sure they could get Ray and Sally to host

Alf will not be 75 until 2020.

Floss could return for her 90th for the 30th anniversary. According to 1988 scripts she wed Nev in 1949 but she looked like she was 5 in 1949. Floss looked 45 in 1988 but must have been at least 55.

Although if Alf turns 75 in Jan 2018 it will tie in with his original DOB of 19 Jan 1943 until TPTB changed to July 1945 it for the 4000th in July 2005.

20 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Although if Alf turns 75 in Jan 2018 it will tie in with his original DOB of 19 Jan 1943 until TPTB changed to July 1945 it for the 4000th in July 2005.

His original DOB was actually 7th November 1946.

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:33 PM, adam436 said:

Does anyone remember Neighbours' 20th anniversary? Annalise (Kimberley Davies) filmed a documentary and it featured cameos from many past characters.

What if a past character returned to do something along the lines of "Summer Bay Success stories", featuring the foster kids that have appeared over the years - not just Pippa's foster children, but also Fisher's, Alf and Ailsa's, Sally's, Irene's etc - and what they are doing today as a result of their time in Summer Bay. All of the foster kids came from broken homes and/or were on the verge of getting into trouble (not sure how to explain the latter, but use Frank as an example). I'd love to see a shapshot of what the following characters are up to in 2018: Carly, Steven, Frank, Lynn (though I doubt they'd get her back), Sally, Joey, Casey Mitchell, Justine, Liam, Curtis, Tug, Selina, Shannon, Jack, Peta (sadly, I think Edward would have died) and Jai. Though I liked them all, I don't think some of those like Liam and Casey probably would be at the top of any returnee wishlist. The "senior" cast like Donald, Travis, Joel and Natalie and Pippa could appear in the documentary too, as it is also about them and their influence.

Many other potential/likely returnees are connected to the current cast (e.g. Celia, Morag, Colleen, Finn and Damien) and could believably return in person. Many of the "one time" characters (see above for most of them), I'd be happy to see a cameo from, but the more iconic ones, like Fisher, Pippa and Sally, I'd like to have a bigger role.

I'd also like to see those iconic dead characters mentioned too: Bobby, Ailsa, Tom and Chloe (which if Olivia is still around, would be easy to do).

That sounds like a great idea.

Archived