1994 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I am not sure where Damian was, but Sam had gone to spend Christmas with Greg somewhere, and returns after new year(which I presume is the first week of episodes in 1995)

I think Pippa and Michael should of discussed Christmas arrangements, and maybe Michael should of joined them for Christmas, which would of eased a lot of problems, or at least maybe Pippa have a meal with them Christmas Day and Michael have them on Boxing Day.

I have really enjoyed the current episodes, they leave the current Home and Away for dead. A nice blend of realistic drama, with lighter moments thrown in.

Susan Bower also wrote and from memory co-produced some later episodes of A Country Practice before Seven pulled the plug on that series, another series I wish could be played on 7Two alongside the Early years episodes.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed Richard Jasek under the directors a few weeks back as well.Guess anyone who's anyone in Neighbours worked on Home and Away in the 90s... Mind you, I still haven't had anything eclipse my astonishment that noted BBC director Viktors Ritelis worked on the show's first year.

Wow go Sal just telling Pippa how she feels. I mean a few weeks ago she was mad at Michael and defending Pippa now it's the other way around. I did feel sorry for Michael when he was on his own in the morning. But it was nice to see the kids open the presents and have fun. 

Poor Irene, I knew something was going to happen but it was great when she was airlifted onto the beach and Rob just got left out there. 

The beach looked fun actually. I wonder what Don did with that turkey. 

Oh Shane just thank Angel for helping to get out of that money situation. Don't yell at her on Christmas Day. 

What do you mean go Sal? She was quite rude to be honest. Why is it, that out of the whole family, she is the one screaming the loudest about Michael and Pippa splitting up? Is it because she still has a dormant hatred of Michael dating back to when he first came to Summer Bay?

38 minutes ago, Old H&A Fan said:

What do you mean go Sal? She was quite rude to be honest. Why is it, that out of the whole family, she is the one screaming the loudest about Michael and Pippa splitting up? Is it because she still has a dormant hatred of Michael dating back to when he first came to Summer Bay?

No it's probably because her entire family was taken away from her when she was a child, that can have a very lasting impact on someone especially at the age of 15.

I think she's lashing out because she's terrified that her security is about to be shattered and she feel's like she's lost her connection to Pippa and Michael/doesn't understand what's happened. Yes, she was rude to shout at Pippa like that but I think it's understandable when you consider that she's a 15 year old girl going through puberty, feeling insecure and now she feels even more insecure. Think back to when you were 15, everything seemed like a big life changing deal, you can't think rationally when you're 15 and you're still young enough that you act like a child and shout out of frustration because you don't know how else to deal with the realities of life.

In reality I would have felt very uncomfortable if I was in that room and I probably would have been angry at Sally if I was one of the other kids because she's just made the day horrible - but as an adult watching it I can see why (and it's great drama - Kate Ritchie was super!).

SO excited that we have reached 1995. I'm so grateful 7TWO continued with the Early Years run and didn't abandon it.

22 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Meh, people get around.

Brian Lenane had a good go on Corrie, Grange Hill and Countless others pre-H&A.

Yeah but this was a guy who a decade or so earlier was directing Blake's 7, Secret Army, Colditz and The Sweeney! Going from that to Australian soap operas seems like quite a genre shift!

Archived