1994 Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, beau_t said:

That beach party had some of the worst over-acting extras in H&A history.

Oh god yes, that guy over Alf's shoulder when he's telling Rob they'll come back for him next Christmas, he's always bugged me with his "point, gasp and laugh"

Completed 1994.

Sal really chucked a mental in that scene. Can't put ALL the blame on Pip.

I loved that corny breast dialogue at lunch. Typical Jack.:D

I have to go a little controversial, I'm with those Hecklers. Angel was looking tasty in that shoot (albeit being covered for most of it when the other girls, who looked equally nice, weren't) Still she made some tasty money.

Curtis inviting Donna for a swim and her accepting? Boy got some skills! Play on,  Playa. :lol: 

I'm glad they decided to have a nice light finale even though there's some dramatics going on (Ross mess, Roxy in hospital).

No credit for Christopher even though he clearly had dialogue? 

They should have made a bit more of the Jack/Shannon exchanges throughout their time on the show.

The Extras didn't bug me so much.

I'm surprised they didn't shiptease with Don/Ros. Last time Donny got close to a female in a such a manner was Patricia but that got derailed before it could even get going!

TF was Rob meant to be? He's a bit oversized to be an Elf (A concept that would not make it to film for another 9yrs!) or a Leprechaun!

Onto 1995!

Sorry to start my post with something shallow but boy, Dieter Brummer had an incredible body didn't he; I know he's been getting topless since 1992 but he really gets buff in 94, I'm so grateful they always get him topless haha but I wish he had more beach scenes. He must be the hottest guy they've had since the beginning upto 94.

Geoff and Aden eclipse him in 2009 I think haha

Pippa opening her perfume from Jack for Xmas :wub:

I loved seeing the kids exchanging their presents, Alf was hilarious when he started singing a carol :lol: I actually find Shannon to be the weakest teen at the moment, although she does seem to be given some terrible dialogue, saying 'excellent' all the time, I suppose she gets better? It's interesting she probably goes on to be the most recognised

former Home and Away actress

. Having said all that, the current teen group is, well, excellent. Probably the best there has been so far, and I think the bond between the kids in the Fletcher household is the strongest it's been in years. I liked the touch of Sophie and Tamara ringing to say Happy Xmas. Kate Ritchie was brilliant in the scene shouting at Pippa. I don't think Pippa's done anything wrong though, she can hardly force Michael to stay. 

The 1994 season finale is the best one so far IMO out of 88-94. It had a great blend of comedy and drama. I love Jack's dress sense, the necklaces he wears, he has a pretty unusual dress sense though but it's cute, is that how most teenage boys dressed in 94 or did he have quite a quirky dress sense?

From what I've seen in future episodes, his wardrobe isn't always so great

. I never knew much about Jack and didn't think I'd enjoy his character so much, but he's been my favourite thing about this year.

Even though his constant pranks and schemes got repetitive and annoying, I am going to miss happy-go-lucky 1994 Jack. From memory he becomes a lot more down-trodden and miserable, although maybe I'm just remembering individual episodes.

I agree about the current Ross house kids. Probably the best mix they've had since the original Fetchers. It's weird but the separation of Pip and Mike seems to have brought the kids together on-screen.

I also agree about Shannon. She's definitely the weakest teen at the moment, although apart from establishing her rocky relationship with Alf, she hasn't had much of a chance to shine yet compared to the others. I guess Curtis hasn't either but he's much more laid back and likeable at this point. He's actually annoyingly nice natured and good looking  - like Captain Hulk I was probably jealous of him back then too, he seems to have it all going on.

From memory the topless Shane scenes increase further once he and Angel get their own place. I wonder if that bothered Dieter or maybe he didn't mind.

Natasha is right about Pippa and Michael. He moved out so they could sort out their differences but since he moved out they have just avoided each other and have barely said 2 words. No wonder Sal's furious.

Everyone including Pippa seems to be forgetting that Pippa was a single mother before, when Tom died, and managed fine.

5 hours ago, beau_t said:

Even though his constant pranks and schemes got repetitive and annoying, I am going to miss happy-go-lucky 1994 Jack. From memory he becomes a lot more down-trodden and miserable, although maybe I'm just remembering individual episodes.

I agree about the current Ross house kids. Probably the best mix they've had since the original Fetchers. It's weird but the separation of Pip and Mike seems to have brought the kids together on-screen.

I also agree about Shannon. She's definitely the weakest teen at the moment, although apart from establishing her rocky relationship with Alf, she hasn't had much of a chance to shine yet compared to the others. I guess Curtis hasn't either but he's much more laid back and likeable at this point. He's actually annoyingly nice natured and good looking  - like Captain Hulk I was probably jealous of him back then too, he seems to have it all going on.

From memory the topless Shane scenes increase further once he and Angel get their own place. I wonder if that bothered Dieter or maybe he didn't mind.

Natasha is right about Pippa and Michael. He moved out so they could sort out their differences but since he moved out they have just avoided each other and have barely said 2 words. No wonder Sal's furious.

Everyone including Pippa seems to be forgetting that Pippa was a single mother before, when Tom died, and managed fine.

TBF, Sal's the only one of those kids from that time frame left but I understand. Pip would have elaborated at one point or another to the others.

I suspect Michael's 100 Irish favorites he had at the flat was Dennis' own tape as he himself is an Irishman (born over there). 

Also a little bit an offhand reference to Danny, Pip's long forgotten brother albeit not by name nor directly when she talked about childhood christmases,  putting on little concerts in 1605. Might be stretching, though.

Archived