1994 Episode Discussion

Dan F

On 17/03/2016 at 0:26 AM, beau_t said:

Wow, Pippa REALLY lost it at Jack. For a second there I thought she was going to hit him.

Debra really knocked it out of the park throughout that episode, it's years since I've seen that ep and that scene in particular really caught me by surprise.

Her understated reaction in the finale when

Sally is having a go at her at the dinner table and she's trying to hold back the tears

is a moment I've always appreciated too.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I have come to realise is that both Pippas can get fiery and short with kids and I don't think Debra is any more mummsy then Vanessa.

Just saying I have come to look at Pippa as the same character, as both Vanessa and Debra play Pippa mummsy at times but also fiery at other times.

I guess Pippa is only human like every mother out there, and with that many kids she just has too much on her plate.....bound to burn out and crack sooner or later!

She is left to deal with all the kids on her own, and Michael walks away to live by himself without any responsibilities?  why isn't he taking his fair share of the childcare duties.  typical chauvinistic attitude of his shining through. 

Starting to dislike Donna, sticking her nose in everywhere its not wanted.  I initially thought mrs James  from the department waiting in Pippas house for her whilst no one is there, was an invasion of privacy, but then again if they receive such a serious allegation as abuse with a child potentially in danger, I suppose they have to act on it.

Bit childish of Irene to be jealous of the singing:lol:

Poor Jack lying there injured when he was trying to help, I wonder how long till he gets found.  He seems to be caught in the viscious cycle of doing things wrong, then making everyone feel sorry for him.

Was Donna mentioned or seen in 1988-1989? They say that she has been gone for five years so not sure whether I missed anything because I don't remember her at all? Or are we expected to just believe that she was there and we never heard or see her?

5 minutes ago, matty said:

Was Donna mentioned or seen in 1988-1989? They say that she has been gone for five years so not sure whether I missed anything because I don't remember her at all? Or are we expected to just believe that she was there and we never heard or see her?

Yeah she was just one of those characters that they introduced as having been an unseen resident of the bay, much like Rob and Travis. The first mention of her came earlier in 1994 (though Pippa actually referred to her as Donna Harrison).

I thought it was quite good to introduce those three in that way, it acknowledges that Summer Bay does actually have more population than the cast of the show.

7 hours ago, Dan F said:

Yeah she was just one of those characters that they introduced as having been an unseen resident of the bay, much like Rob and Travis. The first mention of her came earlier in 1994 (though Pippa actually referred to her as Donna Harrison).

I thought it was quite good to introduce those three in that way, it acknowledges that Summer Bay does actually have more population than the cast of the show.

I think she was an extra during that time so I guess we could believe it was Donna. 

Archived