Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

7 hours ago, 630si said:

Lunchtime showing on C5 budges upto 1pm from Monday to make way for afternoon festive films. 

Have the Christmas movies started already I remember my old support worker used to laugh about how cheesy they were People falling out but realising the error of their ways because of the magic of Christmas falling in love and kissing underneath a huge Christmas tree while it snows while wearing Christmas jumpers 

Basically every Christmas movie had the same plot haha

Thanks for the info. Not too long ago this would have affected me, but I'm still watching in the evenings on 5Star, which remains unchanged. I was thinking ahead to my week off next month, then I realised that's the week after the show goes off air for Christmas: I didn't realise how close it was!

21 hours ago, pembie said:

Have the Christmas movies started already I remember my old support worker used to laugh about how cheesy they were People falling out but realising the error of their ways because of the magic of Christmas falling in love and kissing underneath a huge Christmas tree while it snows while wearing Christmas jumpers 

Basically every Christmas movie had the same plot haha

TBF, They're generally 2-star crap (some are harmless fluff and you *do* get a bit of a giggle tbf) and the REAL Xmas Blockbusters are on in Prime Time or at least before on better channels.

18 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Thanks for the info. Not too long ago this would have affected me, but I'm still watching in the evenings on 5Star, which remains unchanged. I was thinking ahead to my week off next month, then I realised that's the week after the show goes off air for Christmas: I didn't realise how close it was!

I usually watch the Lunchtime showing (non-linear, alternative method) or if If time isn't on my side, usually leave it to 5.55-6 after my Neighbours viewing (5:30 traditionalist you see)

On 28/10/2023 at 13:35, CaptainHulk said:

TBF, They're generally 2-star crap (some are harmless fluff and you *do* get a bit of a giggle tbf) and the REAL Xmas Blockbusters are on in Prime Time or at least before on better channels.

I usually watch the Lunchtime showing (non-linear, alternative method) or if If time isn't on my side, usually leave it to 5.55-6 after my Neighbours viewing (5:30 traditionalist you see)

Am I right in saying the episodes now go on streaming after the 5 Star showing?

Also, is it still HD if you watch through Virgin (as opposed to the app?)

1 hour ago, James Martin said:

Don't think so. The methods I use for H&A these are... Unofficial. 

Edited by CaptainHulk

2 hours ago, James Martin said:

Yes, Home and Away is available on My5 from 6:30pm as the first Look airs. 

• Like 1