Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

Hey all. I have a question. For those of you in the UK that have Sky Q are you able to watch the Home and Away Classics? So far one episode has dropped, the two hour very first episode ever. It just will not download. Keep getting the failed, technical fault. So frustrating. I want to watch these. 

4 hours ago, Bri1231 said:

Hey all. I have a question. For those of you in the UK that have Sky Q are you able to watch the Home and Away Classics? So far one episode has dropped, the two hour very first episode ever. It just will not download. Keep getting the failed, technical fault. So frustrating. I want to watch these. 

Having the same problem here with Sky Q on both uploaded episodes - at least it's not just me then ?

Edited by Clever Little Bunyip 6547

13 minutes ago, Clever Little Bunyip 6547 said:

Having the same problem here with Sky Q on both uploaded episodes - at least it's not just me then ?

I wonder what the issue is? So frustrating and good to know it's not just me either. I think I will email channel 5. I want to watch these. ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bri1231 said:

I wonder what the issue is? So frustrating and good to know it's not just me either. I think I will email channel 5. I want to watch these. ?

Best of luck with emailing them - I've just done the same. Hopefully the relevant departments will get onto fixing it sooner rather than later ?

I'm on Virgin.  Haven't done the pilot as I've seen that on this site, back in 2012 and more recently on Amazon.  But 1989 is playing fine.

Hope it's OK @Dan F but I felt the series was worthy of its own thread, which I've parked in here instead of the Diner.

EDIT - Virgin 360 users will find the present-day C5/5* run, the 1988/9 episodes on Amazon and the 35th Anniversary My5 classic episodes all aggregated into one grouping.  One thing I've accidentally discovered is that Series 1 and Series 2 are properly split between 1988 and 1989 via Virgin, whereas the "split" is in a random place on Amazon.  Series 35 are obviously the present day episodes, but from Series 3 on you'll find the current classic run.

Edited by James Martin

On 18/11/2022 at 00:10, Red Ranger 1 said:

I got a bit confused over which episodes were shown in 2012 (I got confused with the repeats in, I think, 2014 where an episode just after Michael and Pippa's wedding was shown), but yes, that's three of the five episodes in the first week having been shown then. I don't believe Channel 5 have ever shown the Bobby/Frank or Ben/Carly weddings though.

I'm curious how they're planning it.If it's 35 episodes, and they're releasing them Monday to Friday, that would need a seven-week break, not six. Maybe they're releasing them on Saturdays as well, for five of the weeks?

At least they got the sound level right on Ray Meagher's announcement today!

I believe we have a break for the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham to factor in, for which the Seven Network had Australian rights, so there's a two week break we need to factor in to stop a catchup.  Furthermore, now Seven are actually writing to accommodate the British break it means both networks will have mapped out TX dates well in advance - Five need to guarantee Seven they'll stay a certain distance behind in order for them to be able to write a British cliffhanger into canon.

7 hours ago, James Martin said:

I believe we have a break for the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham to factor in, for which the Seven Network had Australian rights, so there's a two week break we need to factor in to stop a catchup.  Furthermore, now Seven are actually writing to accommodate the British break it means both networks will have mapped out TX dates well in advance - Five need to guarantee Seven they'll stay a certain distance behind in order for them to be able to write a British cliffhanger into canon.

It's now been officially confirmed that the show is returning on Monday 2nd January, so it's definitely a six week break. That still doesn't explain how they're going to get through 35 years in six weeks without either dropping more than five episodes most weeks or leaving some years out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

It's now been officially confirmed that the show is returning on Monday 2nd January, so it's definitely a six week break. That still doesn't explain how they're going to get through 35 years in six weeks without either dropping more than five episodes most weeks or leaving some years out.

I thought it would be 2nd of January and Australia are normally back around end of February I have never actually gone back and watched episodes once seen them my friend is going to try watch all 37 years of neighbours before it returns so I guess I won’t be hearing from them for awhile lol

I was thinking this, theyre going to have to drop episodes on a saturday? Orrr, overlap into the first week after its back front he winter break. Orrrr double up on a Friday or something? All a bit odd! 

I suspect Friday 30th December will be the 5star return. Thanks for the info :)

• Like 1