Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

7 hours ago, 630si said:

Theres a rumour that classic episodes are going to be going out on My5 during the winter break. Can anyone Confirm? I cant find anything about it. Would be interesting as theyve not done this for a few years. 

I was just going to say that I'd seen that reported in this week's Inside Soap. Possibly similar to ITV putting a load of old episodes of Emmerdale up on the Hub for the 50th anniversary?

9 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I was just going to say that I'd seen that reported in this week's Inside Soap. Possibly similar to ITV putting a load of old episodes of Emmerdale up on the Hub for the 50th 

5 minutes ago, Bri1231 said:

5 minutes ago, Bri1231 said:

I have emailed C5 and asked about this. I will wait for their answer. It would perfect after the Autumn season finale and to tie us over until the Winter premiere ? 

Edited by Bri1231
Incorrect information

14 minutes ago, 630si said:

Sounds about right then doesnt it! 

Interesting 'My5' strategy and not linear on 5star like in the past. 

I have a sneaky suspicion that the show is going to go to My5 only. No linear broadcasts. Not too sure but it seems to be heading that way. And I hope not, because that's how they would get the show to sneak off into the night like Sam Holden on that boat!! 

Im wondering if we might get weekly episode drops (this could be testing the waters) on my5 and then repeats on 5star. The show props 5star up from ratings point of view so I cant see it moving off there. 

All soaps in general need to adapt to a more streaming friendly format to survive and even have a chance at attracting newer audiences so I wouldnt be against it tbh. 

I think itvx launching and going for a Stream 1st strategy will change the landscape a bit. Other broadcasters will be watching on to see what happens with that. 

Thank you for your e – mail regarding Home and Away.

Channel 5 appreciates all viewer feedback and Home and Away season finale be on Friday 18th November 2022. Home and Away Classics: Celebrating 35 Years of the Legendary Soap

In the lead up to the Aussie soap favourite’s 35th anniversary, My5 are celebrating the milestone with an exclusive six-week event — Home and Away Classics: Celebrating 35 Years of

the Legendary Soap. An iconic episode from each of the years Home and Away has been on air will drop every weekday, starting right back at the beginning with the 1988 pilot. Cast and producers have helped pick the most memorable episodes including weddings, births, deaths and tragedies — such as the great storm and the 2002 epic bus crash.

Yours sincerely

Chris

VIEWER ADVISOR

There you are guys:) 

I can't wait........what a treat for us in the UK. 

• Like 2

On 12/11/2022 at 11:11, 630si said:

Im wondering if we might get weekly episode drops (this could be testing the waters) on my5 and then repeats on 5star. The show props 5star up from ratings point of view so I cant see it moving off there. 

All soaps in general need to adapt to a more streaming friendly format to survive and even have a chance at attracting newer audiences so I wouldnt be against it tbh. 

I think itvx launching and going for a Stream 1st strategy will change the landscape a bit. Other broadcasters will be watching on to see what happens with that. 

I agree. The landscape is changing radically and has been for a long time and shows / broadcasters need to adapt. ITVX will be the one to watch.