Kyle Braxton - Nic Westaway

But it is just those few seconds and even then that's only one interpretation of the line.I think it's less a case of not caring about Casey at all and more of a case of not caring about the consequences with Casey and everyone.Up until that point, Kyle had clearly been very torn between the fact he's been in love with Tamara for months and the fact that if he acts on their now mutual feelings it's going to cause a lot of hurt and upset, and that was the moment where he decided "You know what?I don't care.There's a chance we can be happy together and I'm going to take it."

I just thought it was disrespectful that's all.

I hate the way that they have thrown away all the progress and development between Casey & Kyle... for a feckin' girl who has no connection to Summer Bay or the Braxton's <_<. And what is worse is that yet again Kyle becomes the baddie in the situation with just that one line. It would have been better storytelling if Casey had been jealous and suspicious while it became a one-sided connection on Tamara's side. Why they had to bring back Kyle's supposed 'love' for Tamara I will never know.

Shoddy writing for a character who still unknown to us the audience, which means a jackpot for potential. Bah, I wish even more that he has been more involved with Rosie now (because they did have a lot more in common).

Um, what did Kyle and Rosie have in common?That they lived in Summer Bay?Okay, fathers who spend more time with their other families but aside from that one line description it's a vastly different situation.And I'm not sure what connection she's got that Tamara hasn't.And Tamara is a far better match in terms of personality, with Rosie Kyle would just have come across as an older brother.(Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.)

I don't think it's a case of that one line making Kyle the baddie so much as people jumping on it to justify viewing him as the baddie.There's plenty of other lines that make him the goodie.

Edited by Red Ranger 1

A few weeks ago Casey said he'd choose Tamara over his family in a second. Considering Kyle has only known them a few months and none of them have been that warm to him it doesn't seem such a leap in logic that he'd chose a chance at happiness over the chance of being half a Braxton when they feel like allowing him to be one.↲

Casey's statement that he'd chose her too seems more disrespectful to me. He'd pick a girl he's know for 5 minutes over a whole life with his brothers. When you think about it Kyle has known Tamara as long as he's known Casey.

A few weeks ago Casey said he'd choose Tamara over his family in a second. Considering Kyle has only known them a few months and none of them have been that warm to him it doesn't seem such a leap in logic that he'd chose a chance at happiness over the chance of being half a Braxton when they feel like allowing him to be one.↲

Casey's statement that he'd chose her too seems more disrespectful to me. He'd pick a girl he's know for 5 minutes over a whole life with his brothers. When you think about it Kyle has known Tamara as long as he's known Casey.

When did Casey say that?

Um, what did Kyle and Rosie have in common?That they lived in Summer Bay?Okay, fathers who spend more time with their other families but aside from that one line description it's a vastly different situation.And I'm not sure what connection she's got that Tamara hasn't.And Tamara is a far better match in terms of personality, with Rosie Kyle would just have come across as an older brother.(Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.)

I don't think it's a case of that one line making Kyle the baddie so much as people jumping on it to justify viewing him as the baddie.There's plenty of other lines that make him the goodie.

I didn't mean as a couple so I apologise for not saying that :lol:. Perhaps saying they had a lot in common was a bit much but they do have certain things which would have been good to explore. They both seemed like outcasts from the word go and were both unable to fit in. They both had been massively let down by the parents (Rosie abandoned & Kyle manipulated) and both seemed to form unhealthy attachments (Rosie with Sasha, Kyle with Tamara). It is ever so subtle but for me there were more connections between Kyle & Rosie, which is why I was happy then disappointed when the spoiler about Kyle warning Mullen's to leave came out and then scene happened because Tamara was angry.

I am not alone with this, am I? :unsure:

In fact I will go one further and say I wish more than ever that it had been Kyle & Rosie who had been introduced as brother and sister. What have been more interesting than Casey/Tamara/Kyle in my eyes :blush: .

Oh and believe me I don't see Kyle as a baddie. He is officially my favourite male character at the moment and I don't appreciated the blantant attempts manipulation in favour of Casey. There are only so many times I can put up with Casey in a dark place before I just feel like 'whatever'.

So Casey basically did the same... only worse because he has had a family for years but Kyle has had then a few short months. Interesting because I don't remember that. Or perhaps I haven't seen that bit yet ^_^ .

It was when Casey was about to charge over to Leah's (I think) to confront Kyle and Bianca said to him to calm down and think about it, why would Kyle risk what he had with the Braxton's by going after Tamara and Casey said because she was worth it, he'd chose her in a second. I'm sure there was mass swooning in the episode discussion at the time.↲

I'm not trying to excuse Kyle's behaviour. I'm just saying it's interesting that Casey basically said he'd chose Tamara over his family if he had to. Why it would be surprising Kyle would do the same when he's barely even a part of the family, I don't know.

I have revise my opinion of Kyle, at one point, I was indifferent to him but because I didnt like Tamara, I kind of switched off her relationship with Casey but now having properly thought about it and watched Kyle more. I do like him. He wants to fit in and have a family. He doesn't go about it in the right way at times, I accept that but I do believe he has good intentions most of the time.

I didn't mean as a couple so I apologise for not saying that :lol:. Perhaps saying they had a lot in common was a bit much but they do have certain things which would have been good to explore. They both seemed like outcasts from the word go and were both unable to fit in. They both had been massively let down by the parents (Rosie abandoned & Kyle manipulated) and both seemed to form unhealthy attachments (Rosie with Sasha, Kyle with Tamara). It is ever so subtle but for me there were more connections between Kyle & Rosie, which is why I was happy then disappointed when the spoiler about Kyle warning Mullen's to leave came out and then scene happened because Tamara was angry.

I am not alone with this, am I? :unsure:

In fact I will go one further and say I wish more than ever that it had been Kyle & Rosie who had been introduced as brother and sister. What have been more interesting than Casey/Tamara/Kyle in my eyes :blush: .

Ah, I understand.I can't say I'll list it as one of the show's great missed opportunities but thinking about it, I do think a storyline with Kyle taking Rosie under his wing and being a kind of surrogate big brother to her might have been interesting.They tried something similar with Aden and Melody a few years ago, which didn't really work because it was rather half-hearted and felt like an unsubtle attempt to manipulate viewers' sympathy, but I think Kyle would be a lot better suited for that role.