Kyle Braxton - Nic Westaway

• 2 weeks later...

I'm worried Kyle is going to fade into the background again now that they no longer need him to play the bad guy in The Endless Suffering of St. Casey of Braxton.

This recent story line is probably the most screen time Kyle has had since he showed up and most of it was just plot points to drive Casey's story. I really wish they'd give him something of his own to do.

I fear that Kyle will not be developed until at least 1 Braxton leaves. I know many people here complain that the Braxton's get all the stories but I feel that Kyle is also lumbered with the other characters who don't get a look in. It is now a year since they introduced another Braxton brother and what have we learnt about the character? Nothing, apart from what the fans have come up with from the odd throwaway line or action.

Plus Kyle is only used these days to make both Tamara and Casey look good. Surely if they wanted that then they should have just used a guest character :(.

We haven't learned anything of note about him. Anything we think we know has come from reading between the lines of little throw away things that the writers probably didn't even give that much thought to when they put the lines in.

I agree with PM, we won't see anything real of Kyle until one, or more, of the original Braxton's leave. He was brought in to kidnap Casey and set all that stuff off, then he was used to be the bad guy for cracking on to Tamara the first time, then he was the bad guy when she had amnesia and we had to suffer through 2 months of Casey's reaction to Kyle and Tamara but got absolutely nothing from Kyle in all of that. It's just so frustrating. He's being used as a plot device over and over. He's barely a character at this point. He's like Natalie. Brought in to facilitate something else happening to another character and then given no thought or attention beyond that.

I did see on twitter a few things from Nic Westaway that suggested some big things coming up for Kyle. Timing wise I guess it'd be around the end of the year, maybe into the next year, but I'm not holding my breath for anything of substance.

At this point I'd be happy for Kyle to end up in hospital just to see how anyone reacts to it. I still question if any of the Braxton's give a stuff about him. Obviously the original three are closer to each other than they would be to Kyle but would Heath come back from his honeymoon if Kyle was in hospital? Would Brax be willing to go to jail to avenge Kyle? I doubt it.

Edited by MACYLIGHTFOOT

It's a shame because Nic Westaway has proven he has the acting ability time and again.

We have learnt he is smart, kind of posh, well educated.

All we actually know is that he finished high school because he was forced to. That is the only thing that has been confirmed by the character himself. The rest was guess work...

- He must be smart because he is running Angelo's single-handedly, doing the books and managing the stock, plus every other responsibility.

- When organising Heath's stag weekend he booked into a posh hotel and an even posher restraunt. And when they were turned away from that one he took them to another place equally posh (which they got kicked out of aswell).

But those two could be completely off the mark because it was just what some of us speculated. Which is annoying since characters who showed up after Kyle have had quite a bit of development

• 2 weeks later...

We haven't learned anything of note about him. Anything we think we know has come from reading between the lines of little throw away things that the writers probably didn't even give that much thought to when they put the lines in.

I agree with PM, we won't see anything real of Kyle until one, or more, of the original Braxton's leave. He was brought in to kidnap Casey and set all that stuff off, then he was used to be the bad guy for cracking on to Tamara the first time, then he was the bad guy when she had amnesia and we had to suffer through 2 months of Casey's reaction to Kyle and Tamara but got absolutely nothing from Kyle in all of that. It's just so frustrating. He's being used as a plot device over and over. He's barely a character at this point. He's like Natalie. Brought in to facilitate something else happening to another character and then given no thought or attention beyond that.

I did see on twitter a few things from Nic Westaway that suggested some big things coming up for Kyle. Timing wise I guess it'd be around the end of the year, maybe into the next year, but I'm not holding my breath for anything of substance.

At this point I'd be happy for Kyle to end up in hospital just to see how anyone reacts to it. I still question if any of the Braxton's give a stuff about him. Obviously the original three are closer to each other than they would be to Kyle but would Heath come back from his honeymoon if Kyle was in hospital? Would Brax be willing to go to jail to avenge Kyle? I doubt it.

I think (but could be wrong) Westaway once said that Kyle's birth mother was an a violent alcoholic who beat him leading him to be placed in numerous foster homes before finally being fostered into a family that cared.

I think (but could be wrong) Westaway once said that Kyle's birth mother was an a violent alcoholic who beat him leading him to be placed in numerous foster homes before finally being fostered into a family that cared.

Hmm...that's interesting to hear, especially from the actor who plays Kyle. She sounds just as bad as Danny Braxton to be honest.

If what Nic is saying is correct in regards to the reasons why Kyle was placed into foster care, I'd love to see this storyline explored by the writers such as Kyle's mother being introduced. I reckon we'd see some fine acting by Nic.

Also can you imagine Cheryl vs. Kyle's mother :P

Edited by Jezz