Kyle Braxton - Nic Westaway

I do think Kyle and Tamara have good chemistry, they did seem to be becoming closer up until the point where he tried to kiss her and I thought it was a shame she went back to treating him like the bad guy after his and Casey's trip to the woods.I'm not entirely sure about the plot device to bring them together again though and I hope they're not just going to treat Kyle as someone getting between Tamara and Casey.

I agree but now that

Tamara doesn't remember Casey

the writers have thrown them together again that annoys me just a bit.

The fact that Kyle knows that if Tamara had not lost her memory she would not be anywhere near him and she would not have made a move on him makes it all wrong. At the end of the day the only one that is in the wrong is Kyle.

When Tamara starts to remember who Casey is, she is gonna think that Kyle has been taking advantage of her.

I really wish that they did not put Kyle between Casey and Tamara there is so much that they could do with Kyle.

I dunno.I can see your point but I don't think it's that simple.Any couple can say that if such and such happened they wouldn't be together.It's not like Kyle's lying to her and claiming that he's her boyfriend or that they've always got on, he's been upfront about everything and she's taken that onboard and made her decisions of her own free will.I'd hope that when/if she gets her memories of Casey back, she'll still remember the feelings she had when she was with Kyle and won't blame him in some kneejerk reaction.

When this current storyline goes wrong (which it inevitably will), I wonder what's next for Kyle?

They could have done a lot more with his character than sticking him in a love triangle straight away. It's becoming a default for the writers. "What do we do with this character?" "Oh let's put him/her in a love triangle!"

That's Kyle, Spencer, Maddy and Zac pitched into similar storylines.

I like Kyle. Will be interested to see how the current storyline plays out.

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER
Capital letters for names.

I dunno.I can see your point but I don't think it's that simple.Any couple can say that if such and such happened they wouldn't be together.It's not like Kyle's lying to her and claiming that he's her boyfriend or that they've always got on, he's been upfront about everything and she's taken that onboard and made her decisions of her own free will.I'd hope that when/if she gets her memories of Casey back, she'll still remember the feelings she had when she was with Kyle and won't blame him in some kneejerk reaction.

Exactly. It's not like Tamra has lost her memory entirely, only the past few months. She's still the same person she was when she met Casey in the desert. I mean you could argue that this is a "what if...." situation, what if Tamara had met Kyle in normal circumstances before she met Casey? Would things be different?

I'd assume, or hope, that when she does regain her memory she just has a completely different opinion of Kyle. Basing opinions on the brief spoilers we have is a silly idea, we have no idea what actually happens between them in the next few weeks.

It's not like Kyle's lying to her and claiming that he's her boyfriend or that they've always got on, he's been upfront about everything and she's taken that onboard and made her decisions of her own free will.I'd hope that when/if she gets her memories of Casey back, she'll still remember the feelings she had when she was with Kyle and won't blame him in some kneejerk reaction.

Well actually it is. Kyle has been lying by omission. Yes, he’s told Tamara he’s Casey’s brother but that’s all he’s told her.

The inference being Casey’s great, so Kyle must be too. He has never mentioned any of the terrible things he did to both

Casey and her. Its true Tamara isn’t being physically forced to do anything but there is certainly a bit of psychological

manipulation going on. Kyle is acting in his own best interests, not Tamara’s.

Edited by January

It's not like Kyle's lying to her and claiming that he's her boyfriend or that they've always got on, he's been upfront about everything and she's taken that onboard and made her decisions of her own free will.I'd hope that when/if she gets her memories of Casey back, she'll still remember the feelings she had when she was with Kyle and won't blame him in some kneejerk reaction.

Well actually it is. Kyle has been lying by omission. Yes, he’s told Tamara he’s Casey’s brother but that’s all he’s told her.

The inference being Casey’s great, so Kyle must be too. He has never mentioned any of the terrible things he did to both

Casey and her. Its true Tamara isn’t being physically forced to do anything but there is certainly a bit of psychological

manipulation going on. Kyle is acting in his own best interests, not Tamara’s.

I'm not sure how you get that that is what Kyle is inferring by saying how great Casey is?

You can't just tell an amnesia patient everything they've forgotten, they have to allow it to come back naturally, as Sid has repeatedly told them all.

Why didn't Casey tell Tamara that she couldn't stay with Kyle because of what had happened? He's also "lying by omission", so I suppose he's psychologically manipulating her too? April didn't bother to tell her that she hated Kyle before either, and she's supposed to be a medical professional! We should probably have her kicked out of med school for her part in the psychological manipulation of a sick girl.

Edited by MACYLIGHTFOOT

You could also argue that greeting her with "I'm your boyfriend's brother and I tried to kill you one time" wouldn't really achieve anything except for freaking her out, which wouldn't really be helpful.

Especially considering the reason she's in the state she's in is because someone else kidnapped her and tried to kill her.

"Listen, I know you can't remember why you lost your memory but I'm just going to tell you all these horrible things that happened to you in that period of time and we'll see if it fixes you."

I don’t have issues when Kyle first went to see Tamara, introducing himself as part of the family etc. People tend to take others on

face value, so Tamara would have assumed she had a friendly relationship with Kyle with him being part of the family. He also looked

to April for reassurance that what he was doing was OK.

Where Kyle crossed the line was when Tamara went home. He had a go at April and ignored her medical advice and has not left Tamara’s

side since. :puke: As expected, Tamara has formed a strong emotional attachment to Kyle.

I didn’t say Kyle should tell Tamara the truth, I’m saying she can’t make an informed decision of her own free will without knowing the truth.

Until such time as Tamara regains her memory, Kyle should just back off and give her some space. Kyle is solely responsible for his own behaviour,

the blame cannot be shifted to others.

Tamara is not in control and is not in the right headspace to decide anything. Kyle is in ‘love’ with her and is taking advantage of a

vulnerable and fearful girl. When it all hits the fan, just wait for the excuses to flow and it will be everyone else’s fault except Kyle’s. :rolleyes:

Poor old Case, he has put so much trust in his big brother. There would be nothing I’d like more than for Kyle to step up and be a good brother,

supporting Casey and Tamara to reunite, and making up for the terrible things he’s done.

He was told not to talk to Tam in the hospital and was encourage to let April take her home, then told by April to keep his distance. Kyle thinks he is doing good by her but he isn't listening to what she needs. He is in love with her so has an attachment to her already and I believe he likes the idea she needs him and is making it difficult for Casey to get with her and is glad because he likes being needed by her.

Whilst I agree that Kyle should back off, he has been mentioning Casey in a favourable light to Tamara. It's not as if he's been actively turning her against him. He's getting himself into a mess though and it could have easily been avoided if he'd taken Aprils advice & taken a step back.

I think that Kyle is a calmer character than Casey & seems to understand that Tamara shouldn't be pressurised to remember. Casey on the other hand didn't seem to understand that...

It will be interesting to see how Tamara recovers. Will it change her feelings on Kyle/Casey when she inevitably starts to remember things? It would be good to see her have to make a choice between the two when she's able to remember the past.