The Axe

Guest Snapp

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know about Steven in 1991?

I think the actor quit. Sine he returns in 1995 it makes sense

That doesnt mean a thing. Just because some one is let go, does not mean they won;t be asked back again. I fail to follow your logic.

I think that the logic is if the actor is axed he will be too offended to return.

An axing of an actor does not always end up offending them. If it is true that Amy Mizzi was axed(was it ever confirmed?) then why did she keep coming back? When you go into actings, especially working on a soap you can't afford to be angry and offended if they decide to axe you. The fact is that when it comes to certain soap characters the storylines do tend to dry up and what is the point of keeping them around without anything to do, unless they are well established characters (Alf, Irene etc...).

Another two to add to this thread, is Peter Scarf (Liam Tanner) and Shane Ammann (Curtis Reed) they were axed and it's confirmed in two 1997 issues of Inside Soap which I own.

Another two to add to this thread, is Peter Scarf (Liam Tanner) and Shane Ammann (Curtis Reed) they were axed and it's confirmed in two 1997 issues of Inside Soap which I own.

Really. I guessed that about Liam but I thought Curtis was popular. I wonder what their thinking behind that was. There was way more they could have done with him.

I think it can sometimes be sensationalist reporting. Take Curtis for instance. It could merely be that he wasn't offered another contract at the end of his 3 years because the character had ran it's course. That's a different type of axing to "Your character isn't working, we're going to end your contract early."

Archived