The Axe

Guest Snapp

Over here we're always hearing about characters being axed from the English soaps but not so much H&A. Does H&A tend to avoid this more?

I remember reading that Teigan & Aaron were written out because the producer at the time felt there was too many teens. (Wish someone would realise that about the show atm!)

In recent years Brad comes to mind.

I'm wondering who else over the years, any real surprises?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both Roman and Martha were axed.

The reasons around Martha's exit from the show was very debatable but I think its safe to say that she was written out from high up Channel 7 executives.

Amy Mathews decided to leave and so they just decided to write Tony out with her because there isn't much they could do with the character without Rachel

Amy Mathews decided to leave and so they just decided to write Tony out with her because there isn't much they could do with the character without Rachel

I know that's what's been said (by a pretty unreliable source) but I'm not actually sure how much I believe of it. If that was true, wouldn't they have got rid of Tony when Beth died? Up until that point he was probably the most under utilized character in the whole show. Plus the way Tony and Rachel have been used this year; it wouldn't surprise me if the decision was more a management one ie there's nothing left to do with the characters rather than actor's decision. Although it could have been a mutual agreement. I guess we'll never know.

I wouldn't be so sure about Jodi's Axe, there's too much time between when the rumours started in June and when it actually happened, to me it's more like a compromise of getting out of her contract by sticking with the show for about 8 more months which she completed then they let her go in pease without breach of contract etc., see it was in her favour of being axed and by higher ranks meaning Ryan Stokes :lol:

Archived