The Axe

Guest Snapp

Yeah 2005 is where things started to go wrong, incidentally, at the exact same time Neighbours' started to decline. But even though the storylines got out of hand and the characters started to 'lose something' the show still had strong elements of old-school H&A to put into play, which is evident in episode 4000 and at various other points in the year. I don't think it's too extreme to assume that the decisions made in that year (ramping up the drama and having a conveyor-belt of villain after villain) is what led H&A onto the path it is on now...

Though I suppose 2009 was the most detrimental year, with the idiotic decision to completely de-rail every bit of 'balance' they'd managed to restore through 2008.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah 2005 is where things started to go wrong, incidentally, at the exact same time Neighbours' started to decline. But even though the storylines got out of hand and the characters started to 'lose something' the show still had strong elements of old-school H&A to put into play, which is evident in episode 4000 and at various other points in the year. I don't think it's too extreme to assume that the decisions made in that year (ramping up the drama and having a conveyor-belt of villain after villain) is what led H&A onto the path it is on now...

Though I suppose 2009 was the most detrimental year, with the idiotic decision to completely de-rail every bit of 'balance' they'd managed to restore through 2008.

2005 was decent when they cashed in on the 4000th episode to coincide with Ben Unwin's exit. Yes, it was at the expense of Chloe who only was only a guess but it broke up the tedium Scott/Hayley/Kim baby stuff which was getting boring. Nice three week trip down memory lane to take our minds off it.

Ironically, Neighbours stock ROSE around 2005 (at least in the UK) and Timmins family were very popular. Paul's return provided some continuity to the early days and that years was pretty good (Plane Crash, Lassiter's restoring, House of Trouser at its Zenith). I actually preferred Neighbours at that point anyhow. The only downside is Paul was too Cartoonishly evil at times.

2009, If I lost that year of my life I'd be kind of happy as things were rubbish all over, not just for H&A.

2005 was decent when they cashed in on the 4000th episode to coincide with Ben Unwin's exit. Yes, it was at the expense of Chloe who only was only a guess but it broke up the tedium Scott/Hayley/Kim baby stuff which was getting boring. Nice three week trip down memory lane to take our minds off it.

Ironically, Neighbours stock ROSE around 2005 (at least in the UK) and Timmins family were very popular. Paul's return provided some continuity to the early days and that years was pretty good (Plane Crash, Lassiter's restoring, House of Trouser at its Zenith). I actually preferred Neighbours at that point anyhow. The only downside is Paul was too Cartoonishly evil at times.

2009, If I lost that year of my life I'd be kind of happy as things were rubbish all over, not just for H&A.

I'm not like many others, but I loved 2005 of both Home and Away and Neighbours.

Neighbours 2005 is my favourite year because of the Timmins family, Paul's return, the 20th anniversary celebrations, the plane crash and the strong cast that was existent in that particular year. Fantastic year in my opinion. It all went down went Susan Bower took over as executive producer around mid-2008. It's improved in 2013, but still nowhere near the standard of 2004 and 2005.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived